[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

@Jeod, you do realize you have a passive ability that protects against day lynches.

Passive abilities are roleblocked as well. I just said that a little bit ago. You're missing key points here as evidenced by others suggesting I'm town while you follow the bandwagon and then decide against it. You're clearly looking at this game with a different perspective, and I've taken note.

Just now, Jeod said:

Passive abilities are roleblocked as well. I just said that a little bit ago. You're missing key points here as evidenced by others suggesting I'm town while you follow the bandwagon and then decide against it. You're clearly looking at this game with a different perspective, and I've taken note.

Yeah, it's better for town to go ahead and lynch you today, instead of having to spend more resources and actions figuring out if your character is scum or not. If we leave you alive, then someone has to immediately block you at the start of the day tomorrow, plus we're probably have multiple investigative abilities targeting you tonight. So if we go ahead and lynch you now we'll know for certain if your town or not, and we don't have to worry about you using your day kill at the earliest opportunity since you don't seem to have any night BP.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yeah, it's better for town to go ahead and lynch you today, instead of having to spend more resources and actions figuring out if your character is scum or not. If we leave you alive, then someone has to immediately block you at the start of the day tomorrow, plus we're probably have multiple investigative abilities targeting you tonight. So if we go ahead and lynch you now we'll know for certain if your town or not, and we don't have to worry about you using your day kill at the earliest opportunity since you don't seem to have any night BP.

Just how scum would think. You want to:

1. Remove a "problematic" town asap

2. Immediately block me at daystart on Day 2 despite me specifically saying that it was never my intention to kill a player but gather information

3. Suggest that multiple investigation roles should be on me tonight instead of other potential reads

4. Insinuate that I have no night BP

You use "town" in the third person and mention that you think I lack night BP, which tells me that you have nightkill targets on your mind.

##vote Shade939

Just now, Jeod said:

Just how scum would think. You want to:

1. Remove a "problematic" town asap

2. Immediately block me at daystart on Day 2 despite me specifically saying that it was never my intention to kill a player but gather information

3. Suggest that multiple investigation roles should be on me tonight instead of other potential reads

4. Insinuate that I have no night BP

You use "town" in the third person and mention that you think I lack night BP, which tells me that you have nightkill targets on your mind.

##vote Shade939

Yeah, shame if you survived so Scum could get all of those things to occur...

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

You seem to have quite a few more abilities than I do, and I know i'm a town role...

Then perhaps next time don't pick the Italian equivalent of a jester/mime.

Just now, Jeod said:

Then perhaps next time don't pick the Italian equivalent of a jester/mime.

I'm more interested if any other players have something like three abilities on their character that put them at an equivalent power level.

A night action, a limited day action, and probably a limited passive.

I don't Jeod is too OP, but then again, I don't think he's being entirely truthful about what he can do as well.

Also I think Shade might just be trying to do what everyone did to him last game. The salt might still be fresh.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I don't Jeod is too OP, but then again, I don't think he's being entirely truthful about what he can do as well.

Also I think Shade might just be trying to do what everyone did to him last game. The salt might still be fresh.

Honestly, I'm annoyed at Jeod's entire strategy because even if he's a town player at this point it's more beneficial to his own teammates to lynch him than it would be to let him live.

Just now, Shade939 said:

FTFY: More town perspective? "How powerful are scum roles compared to my town role?"

This isn't a question we ask. Town is meant to work as a team to take down scum, not think about how we can singlehandedly go up against scum.

Just now, Jeod said:

This isn't a question we ask. Town is meant to work as a team to take down scum, not think about how we can singlehandedly go up against scum.

Unless your wondering if a town player is lying about his abilities...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Honestly, I'm annoyed at Jeod's entire strategy because even if he's a town player at this point it's more beneficial to his own teammates us to lynch him than it would be to let him live.

Fixed it for you, that's how I'd expect a town player to write this sentence. But even if it were written in town perspective, you make no points to back up your claim that it's more beneficial.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Unless your wondering if a town player is lying about his abilities...

First, you call me a town player. Do you know already that I'm town, then? Second, why are you wondering if I'm lying about my abilities? So far I've only mentioned that I have a daykill and that I'm normally lynchproof, and that lynchproof can be blocked. Those abilities don't sound like a threat to town to me. A threat to scum, on the other hand, if scum can't roleblock...especially given that you questioned my night BP status...

39 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

What do you call this?

False points. I've already broken them down. May I remind you that I've already stated that my threat to kill wasn't something I was ever going to follow through on? Again, I'm only a threat to scum. That's your concern.

Just now, Jeod said:

False points. I've already broken them down. May I remind you that I've already stated that my threat to kill wasn't something I was ever going to follow through on? Again, I'm only a threat to scum. That's your concern.

Prove it? Oh wait, you can't...

Just now, Jeod said:

I think I've outlined my case quite well. It's time to see what the others think of it.

I think this is an excellent conversation to eat popcorn to.

Just now, Jeod said:

@Killing_You, I see you're lurking again. Do you have anything to add to the discussion yet?

Well, I do other stuff as well. I tend to keep my mafia tab open while doing other stuff so that I can get notified when I get pinged.

That being said, I have been watching this conversation, and I think the case is pretty much closed on Shade. He's completely argued himself into a corner and I don't think he can get out.

I'm also not fond of the fact that at the mere mention of you possibly daykilling someone (which I don't think you'd do D1 anyway) iLTS responded with an immediate roleblock. He'd be worth keeping an eye on for the time being.

I was also waiting to see where your ploy was going, and was looking through your posts to see if anything scummy stood out. To my surprise, it actually worked, and while I don't think your role works 100% the way you say it does, but I'm not going to push anything on that front because at best, it doesn't matter, and at worst, it'd give too much away to scum. Aside from that, you definitely seem towny to me.

So, your going to leave the Day Vig without night protection alive? And assume that scum aren't going to simply kill him after he uses his ability and probably kills a town player first, and he distracts everyone by continuing to live in the meantime...

Just now, Shade939 said:

So, your going to leave the Day Vig without night protection alive? And assume that scum aren't going to simply kill him after he uses his ability and probably kills a town player first, and he distracts everyone by continuing to live in the meantime...

You still assume that I don't have night protection?

You're suggesting that I'm not going to be the kill target tonight?

You're suggesting that "everyone" is distracted when you're the only one voting me?