[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

Just now, Killing_You said:

Eh, I don't see the point in waiting for any new info before making my decision.

##vote Shade

I'm still interested in seeing where Cat5 was going with whatever he was doing, though.

At this point I'm really just apathetic.

Just now, Shade939 said:

At this point I'm really just apathetic.

This isn't Star Wars Mafia. I'm town this time and I feel like I have a pretty airtight case against you. If I'm wrong for some reason, apathy is the opposite of what you should be doing.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

What if I told you guys I had a way to make lynch a bit safer, but it requires us to have TWO people we might want to lynch.

Can you explain how you feel this lynch isn't safe? He has all the hallmarks of being a hostile.

What if I told you guys I had a way to make lynch a bit safer, but it requires us to have TWO people we might want to lynch.

>offers way to make lynch less risky

Just now, Shade939 said:

Go, for it, that'll double the damage done to town...

>says less risky way is more risky

996769_1.jpg

Just now, Jeod said:

Can you explain how you feel this lynch isn't safe? He has all the hallmarks of being a hostile.

I agree, but it's nice to know in case we run into a situation where we're less sure.

Just now, Jeod said:

This really is just how Shade talks.  It's not the best, but I don't think it's a dead scum give away like the rest of you.

Basically, I have an ability that lets lynch vote skip a player IF and only IF they are not scum.  If they are scum, they get lynched like normal.  If they are town, the vote goes on to the second the most voted thing.  I can use this ability ONCE, unless I'm wrong and the person I target actually does get voted as scum. In which case I get a redo later.

This really is just how Shade talks.  It's not the best, but I don't think it's a dead scum give away like the rest of you.

Basically, I have an ability that lets lynch vote skip a player IF and only IF they are not scum.  If they are scum, they get lynched like normal.  If they are town, the vote goes on to the second the most voted thing.  I can use this ability ONCE, unless I'm wrong and the person I target actually does get voted as scum. In which case I get a redo later.

That's quite the interesting ability. I'm willing to give it a go if it gets a majority appeal. I don't have a solid second suspect in mind, however maybe iLiketoSnipe does.

I suppose we could always theoretically put up "no lynch" as second most voted option, and it would give us a lot more info than a standard no lynch vote, but if there's overall overwhelming support for voting Shade I might consider saving this ability for a more contentious moment.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well, that sounds far better than what I thought it would do.

I suppose we could always theoretically put up "no lynch" as second most voted option, and it would give us a lot more info than a standard no lynch vote, but if there's overall overwhelming support for voting Shade I might consider saving this ability for a more contentious moment.

Interesting...if you can get TIM to confirm that's possible, I'd like to do it. As I said earlier in the game, my first read was that you and Shade aren't partners. I think I can trust you not to pull any monkey business.

Don't waste it though, if your going to put up a no lynch as the second vote then you might as well vote no lynch from the start...

I've just read through the latest posts and I think I've got a clear choice for who to vote for.

First of all, not all roles are created equal in mafia. Some roles are just more powerful than other roles; the power of a role is generally not a valid meta point to make. It's not like Jeod claims he can kill whoever he wants and is completely invincible.

Jeod:
I think Jeod's actions are suspicious. You could spin his actions as being pro-town by saying that he was trying to get discussion going. However, I think there are better ways to get discussion going and he could be setting up a trap (I've done similar things in the past when I've been mafia). Now he's a target of interest for role investigators, bodyguards, etc. What if mafia has a watcher? Now they have a better chance at catching any cop we have. Mafia is a mind game, but there are things you can do to improve your chances as scum.
I don't think there's anything conclusive yet on Jeod, I am concerned with his actions. He could  be mafia trying to setup a trap or he could be a "loose cannon" town member. It's been a while so I can't recall how much of one he was as town. It's also possible that he's a 3rd party; that could explain early game aggressiveness and any extreme disparity in role power.
In summary, I'm wary of Jeod but I don't think there's enough evidence to warrant a lynch yet. I also caution anybody thinking of visiting Jeod tonight to be extra careful. He is an obvious target for investigation and the mafia would have to be moronic no to realize that as well.

Shade:
I have played with people in the past who were as "hostile" as Shade has been and they were still town. Still, I haven't played with him before and I don't know just how much he usually plays like this (and more importantly what faction he is when he does). However, he has several red flags for me. First, he seemed very relieved when I roleblocked Jeod. Yes, Jeod was effectively waving around something that looked like a loaded gun in a crowded room; but Shade seemed eager to jump on Jeod in a bandwagon once it seemed like this threat was neutralized.
Second, assuming I'm not misreading his posts, it seems that he is now advocating that we lynch Jeod not because "I think he's scum" but because "he seems bad for town and we can't be too sure". When he revoted for Jeod, he said:

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

On second thought, I don't think Jeod is lying about his passive, so he's trying to get Scum to target him tonight.

##Vote Jeod.

When you can probably prevent him from accidentally killing a town player no matter what alignment he is...

In conclusion, I think Shade has made a massive slipup in his posts by admitting that he thinks Jeod is town and wants to still lynch him on D1. So, my vote goes to Shade.

##vote Shade

Messed up pasting my formatted post, this part was supposed to go right below the quote box.

"Now if that isn't a scum tell, I don't know what is. If you think Jeod is trying to get scum to target him tonight, then you must think he's a town member or some weird 3rd party that's going right after scum on D1 (which is unusual). I haven't seen you saying anything about him being 3rd party, which means that you think Jeod is a town member and that you still want to kill him."

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Shade:
I have played with people in the past who were as "hostile" as Shade has been and they were still town. Still, I haven't played with him before and I don't know just how much he usually plays like this (and more importantly what faction he is when he does). However, he has several red flags for me. First, he seemed very relieved when I roleblocked Jeod. Yes, Jeod was effectively waving around something that looked like a loaded gun in a crowded room; but Shade seemed eager to jump on Jeod in a bandwagon once it seemed like this threat was neutralized.
Second, assuming I'm not misreading his posts, it seems that he is now advocating that we lynch Jeod not because "I think he's scum" but because "he seems bad for town and we can't be too sure". When he revoted for Jeod, he said:

Shade's a new player, and (baring this game if he is) has never been scum.  He has been third party however.  It's hard for any of us to get a read on him, but he typically is pretty wild.  He also might have a bit of a grudge against Jeod from Star Wars, possibly.

Messed up pasting my formatted post, this part was supposed to go right below the quote box.

"Now if that isn't a scum tell, I don't know what is. If you think Jeod is trying to get scum to target him tonight, then you must think he's a town member or some weird 3rd party that's going right after scum on D1 (which is unusual). I haven't seen you saying anything about him being 3rd party, which means that you think Jeod is a town member and that you still want to kill him."

Yeah, can you picture him holding on to a day kill ability knowing that scum know he has it and he shoudln't have any night BP given all of his other abilities he already has?

Irish has confirmed that No Lynch is a valid target for 2nd place.

To be clear, then, I'm on the train for straight lynching Shade or using this ability of yours. Either one works from my point of view. However, if you opt for the ability, I'll volunteer as Target #1. You said that if Target #1 isn't hostile then Target #2 is selected, right? I'm town. So, if you're lying and I'm lynched, then your head is on the line.

Shade's a new player, and (baring this game if he is) has never been scum.  He has been third party however.  It's hard for any of us to get a read on him, but he typically is pretty wild.  He also might have a bit of a grudge against Jeod from Star Wars, possibly.

Yeah, I can't make an accurate meta call on his aggressiveness. However, as I was writing that up I found the quote from him when he had revoted for Jeod. That seals the deal for me and seems like a slipup as scum.

Just now, Jeod said:

To be clear, then, I'm on the train for straight lynching Shade or using this ability of yours. Either one works from my point of view. However, if you opt for the ability, I'll volunteer as Target #1. You said that if Target #1 isn't hostile then Target #2 is selected, right? I'm town. So, if you're lying and I'm lynched, then your head is on the line.

After everything's that happened these past games, I think it should obviously be reversed...

Just now, Shade939 said:

He's going to kill someone as soon as he can, and odds are that it would be a town player over any other role since it's near the start of the game when he'd try to use it.

Why would he use a kill so soon?  Sunflower had one last game as scum and didn't use it until the final "math" part of the game.

Why would he use a kill so soon?  Sunflower had one last game as scum and didn't use it until the final "math" part of the game.

Exactly, she saved it as scum.

Can't believe no one paid any attention to when I pointed out if Sunflwoer was town she should use her day kill that day...

Just now, Shade939 said:

He's going to kill someone as soon as he can, and odds are that it would be a town player over any other role since it's near the start of the game when he'd try to use it.

Like I've pointed out earlier, I can't know the meta on certain people here or my memory has gotten fuzzy over the years. I took what he said at face value and wanted to keep him from potentially randomly killing somebody and ending D1 early (which is what it seemed he was claiming he could do). Based on what others have said (i.e. Vertigo and Nodlied) I don't think he's going to go all Clint Eastwood on us tomorrow.

Like I've pointed out earlier, I can't know the meta on certain people here or my memory has gotten fuzzy over the years. I took what he said at face value and wanted to keep him from potentially randomly killing somebody and ending D1 early (which is what it seemed he was claiming he could do). Based on what others have said (i.e. Vertigo and Nodlied) I don't think he's going to go all Clint Eastwood on us tomorrow.

Scum know he has a killing ability, they know he shouldn't have any BP. He's a perfect target to try and eliminate before he can use his ability. Therefore he should try to use his ability before he can be eliminated...