[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

6 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I think everyone's just busy today.

Well, if you want something to talk about I think that Orange isn't actually town this game and is instead neutral/TP, but I'm waiting to see what happens with this current vote to target #1 and what their alignment is.

Category 5 Hurricane has been hung by the neck until dead. He is...

The hero, Ike

latest?cb=20160202235359

He tried his best to end the tyranny of the Gods, who are far from the benevolent beings they pretend to be. Often times the pain and strife of man can be attributed to petty squabbles between those very Gods. He was a God-Killer

##Vanguard <Target> - Night Action

##Yune's Curse <Target> - Night Action

##Aether <Target> - Night Action

Beorc's Blessing - Passive

Item - Crystal Straight Sword

Game Over

Town has successfully eliminated all Hostile Targets!

Neutral (Killing You) has successfully completed his objective!

Neutral (Nodlied) has failed to complete his objective...

Awards

Narcissist - Shade939 - Congratulations for yet again being pivotal in distracting Town, but you did do good in the end.

Lucky - FRAYDO, Jeod, and ChopBam - There was a lot of RNG between you guys and things would've turned out a lot differently without FRAYDO's passive. ChopBam would've been investigated for N1, FRAYDO would've died D2

Bad Luck - Category 5 Hurricane and iLikeToSnipe - The chances that Cat5 wouldn't have anyone visit his target while iLTS didn't actually try to NK are pretty low. It was mainly this that lead to Scum being found out early on, even though it was entirely by coincidence.

Lure - Jeod - Good job successfully luring Scum into acting against you immediately. I wish you would've pounced on that a little more, but you and Shade ended up getting into a lover's spat.

Best Detective - Killing You - First player to seriously consider iLTS as Scum and completely ignored the fight between Shade and Jeod to focus on him. Congrats.

Junior Detective - Verti60 - Was the second to figure out iLTS to be Scum and was the first to put both him and Cat5 as a team. Well done.

Google Docs:

Post Game Thoughts:
I think the game went well, all things considered. It wasn't really the mechanics of the game itself that led to a short game, but a combination of unlucky actions taken by Scum. Although I do think there were two things I didn't balance properly. I think I should've limited Orange's Balance The Scales to only one-shot period, but when I made the ability I was far more focused on it saving someone who wasn't Scum than I was on it being a very powerful Scum hunter. Maybe I could've given Scum another Dayblock or a one-shot lynchproof/jail. I also think I should've made Nodlied Third Party, but when I thought about how his ability lets him be on either side it felt better for him to be neutral. Overall, I'm happy that the synergistic abilities seem to be well received so there's a good chance I'll keep on doing them, but they might not always help people on your side :b Let me know if there's anything you liked, didn't like, or think I should've changed.

Yeah, I pretty much just gave up. After you guys accidentally happened to block iLTS on a day he wasn't even doing a NK anyway and OrangeP47 got a random cop result on me, we were pretty much done after N1. Fun fact, I predicted we would lose on D3 before the game started.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Balance the Scales indeed, what a OP ability. I truly think Shade would have given us a town loss had we not been lucky with the way actions played out.

One of the issues was that I was concerned about leaving potential Third Party players alive to give Town more to consider. In hindsight, I should've made any non-Town player die to it since there were 2 Neutrals in the game and no TP.

This game was pretty swingy. I could have misled people all game long with the indirect NK. I was actually drawing up a "plan" that would have involved you guys tracking me and roleblocking OrangeP47 so that I could prove my role works as I said. I would be tracked to Orange, Orange would have his action be carried out as expected, and, well, KY would be dead. I didn't have enough time to post it before I left, and frankly while I thought it was a good plan, I also didn't think you guys had any other valid targets.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

How would I have been dead?

You would've visited him, but he didn't know that you had BP at the time, so you would've actually lived. But Scum did have a few things that would've killed you regardless. The only player that couldn't have died the first time is Orange.

I like the synergy aspect you took with me and ChopBam, but it does need work. It was too easy to assume that we would be the same alignment. Also, I'm very pleased to see that "mason is always town" is being questioned.

Just now, Jeod said:

I like the synergy aspect you took with me and ChopBam, but it does need work. It was too easy to assume that we would be the same alignment. Also, I'm very pleased to see that "mason is always town" is being questioned.

Yeah, the goal for his Masonry (in my head) was for him to try and "slip up" so he seemed more Scummy or TP than he wanted to, to get people to kill him.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

What exactly was FRAYDO's passive?

Lucky (passive) - If an action is performed against you and it has a chance to fail, it will. If you are tied for the lynching vote, you will not be lynched. You cannot be selected by RNG.

Yeah, there is a lot of missing information.

I had an inverse body guard. I killed the first person who visited the same target as me.

I also had one unstoppable NK that was unlocked after iLTS was lynched, and then I received an item that could do an extra kill besides that would kill through armor.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, there is a lot of missing information.

I had an inverse body guard. I killed the first person who visited the same target as me.

I also had one unstoppable NK that was unlocked after iLTS was lynched, and then I received an item that could do an extra kill besides that would kill through armor.

...it's not missing, all that info is in the GM Doc under Characters.

One thing I was looking forward to doing but never got the chance:  My BP was my shield, and item.  I could hand it to someone and it would work like a doctor role.  I considered giving it to Jeod, but ultimately didn't, figuring I had painted a big spotlight on myself as the cop.  I also considered giving it to Verti, and then being like "would I have done that if I was not town?"