[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

Okay well, what are your thoughts on other Lords?

Ranked order.

Loyalist

Jeod

Sunflower

Null (Loyalist) (This category is almost all tied really rather than ranked)

PrettyReckless (Needs to do more, seriously)

Irish

Voe

Louis

Rebel

Retal

Shade

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

Well, would you vote for him today?

Of course.  I probably could go ahead and vote for him, though I'm generally pretty judicious with my vote.  I might after lunch here in an hour or so to see if I have any more thoughts fueled by caffeine.

38 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I do suspect Shade.  I don't think he was rebel yesterday, but he may have been the conversion target.  His posting today (this phase) has been... poor.  He's been too focused on rubeci, and while it's true things with rubeci might not be great, Shade could be using it as a distraction from the rebels, and rubeci has some good points against Shade.

I still suspect Retal, but maybe a little less than yesterday.

And you appear to be ignoring the fact that Rubeci is an independent player with unknown actions and goals.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Ad hominem

Your argument is I'm being overly focused on the independent who is actively prevented from allying with anyone else in game, and should be capable of attacking anyone in game as an independent?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Your argument is I'm being overly focused on the independent who is actively prevented from allying with anyone else in game, and should be capable of attacking anyone in game as an independent?

TBH he still might be able to ally.  But really, I don't think there's anything we can do about him at this juncture, so he's just a distraction.  One mafia truism is that finding mafia comes before finding 3p, unless it's a cult, and guess who has the cult like mechanics, rebels :p

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH he still might be able to ally.  But really, I don't think there's anything we can do about him at this juncture, so he's just a distraction.  One mafia truism is that finding mafia comes before finding 3p, unless it's a cult, and guess who has the cult like mechanics, rebels :p

Are you certain?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I haven’t checked into sunflower yet, actually. Why’s she on your loyal list? You clearly found a reason to townread her.

She's been putting forth a lot of effort and generally has been being helpful.  The most important part of such a read is as always "asking good questions".

I'd actually read Louis higher for the same reason, really, if she wasn't so aggro on me probably.

36 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

She's been putting forth a lot of effort and generally has been being helpful.  The most important part of such a read is as always "asking good questions".

I'd actually read Louis higher for the same reason, really, if she wasn't so aggro on me probably.

I do have a tendency to scumread before townreading, so now that it's at my attention, I agree on Sunflower. I'm inclined to agree with Louis as well--especially since I sent you an alliance proposal and you didn't accept it. Clearly someone was more important.

21 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Edit: Meaning I disagree with your assessment of Louis.

I mean, I have her as null :p

13 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I'd go with literally everything you said. :v

I don't know if he can ally or not, but I'd say greater than 50% chance that he can, if not at present time, some time in the future.  As for the rest, that's general mafia theory, don't take it up with me, take it up with everyone.

Also, why is everyone trying to refer to players in terms of Town and mafia?

The only way we'd have a Town and Mafia in this game would be if players couldn't largely choose their alignments and the game ended once one of those sides won.

Alignments and factions are based almost entirely on a personal players preference, for an example the Royals actually have the choice to overthrow the king by voting him up, so what part of that sounds like Town?

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

The only way we'd have a Town and Mafia in this game would be if players couldn't largely choose their alignments and the game ended once one of those sides won.

Alignments and factions are based almost entirely on a personal players preference, for an example the Royals actually have the choice to overthrow the king by voting him up, so what part of that sounds like Town?

I've been pretty consistently calling people royalist and rebel :p

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

It might have something to do with Verti saying that royal = town and rebel = mafia on the first page. :p

I would have thought with Jeod picking your religion, you'd be more supportive of him because the longer he stays king, the longer you get to rake in the faith points. But the way you've been talking, you wouldn't bat an eyelash if he got deposed tomorrow. Kinda makes me wonder if you're not really a different religion. Or maybe you're salty because the Great Sept only benefits loyal houses and you aren't one of them?

If Shade ever wants the Heart Tree to be built he'll deliver results with his scouting ability. I'm far more concerned with Orange, who accepted an alliance proposal for someone other than the king. What's the motive behind that decision?

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If Shade ever wants the Heart Tree to be built he'll deliver results with his scouting ability. I'm far more concerned with Orange, who accepted an alliance proposal for someone other than the king. What's the motive behind that decision?

We can already share resources (troops) and you're an open book.  Alliancing someone else gives me info on someone else.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We can already share resources (troops) and you're an open book.  Alliancing someone else gives me info on someone else.

Proving your own trustworthiness ought to be a priority. I may be an open book but you are not.

Just now, Jeod said:

Proving your own trustworthiness ought to be a priority. I may be an open book but you are not.

Another mafia truism is that good town (royalist) shouldn't care about their own appearance.  I was trusting you to keep a level head, as you seemed to be doing a better job of that than usual.