[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

5 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

There were a couple things I noticed like when he said something about being annoyed that Verti changed the wording of his ability without telling him and how it affected his analysis that sounded genuine (tho I guess even if he was rebel, he would have the same ability...). I don't really get where he's coming from on Retaliation, but I guess we all have different reads. And I feel like he's been kind of intense and I don't think he'd be acting like that if he was rebel because it's not really like him. He's not one of my top suspects right now.

Are you in an alliance with him? He essentially has given only one solid read that he trusts, so if he has an alliance with a different player unmentioned...you should see where I'm going with this.

9 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Are you in an alliance with him? He essentially has given only one solid read that he trusts, so if he has an alliance with a different player unmentioned...you should see where I'm going with this.

I'm not allied with anyone at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I'm not allied with anyone at the moment.

So he made an alliance with a player that he hasn't given an opinion on and is now set on Shade as the top contender. I expected better of him. It's only halfway through the phase, why not wait and gather information from his new friend?

Just now, Louis said:

Jeod what do you think of Shade?

Despite his usual personality flaws he's been helpful toward my goals. I haven't seen anything to give me a reason to call him a rebel--loyalists should be concerned about third party ramifications as well, and speculating about mechanics is what excites him most.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

If they are both up to it, so not really up to me first.

Well, if PrettyReckless hasn't been here at all since the game started, they shouldn't have a choice assuming you have a GM-rule for inactivity/replacement.

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Well, if PrettyReckless hasn't been here at all since the game started, they shouldn't have a choice assuming you have a GM-rule for inactivity/replacement.

True but I kinda made her join the game since we were short on players and the game couldn't start for weeks :p

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

True but I kinda made her join the game since we were short on players and the game couldn't start for weeks :p

Inactivity isn't a good sign though. Would you mind letting her know that she can be replaced if she isn't interested? And thank her for her participation when we were short!

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Inactivity isn't a good sign though. Would you mind letting her know that she can be replaced if she isn't interested? And thank her for her participation when we were short!

Well first I need a replacement and cat5 didn't say anything yet so we'll see.

Also as you know you have the power to motivate activity here :p

15 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

At this rate, is PrettyReckless going to be replaced or are they going to try to be more active? (apologies if anything important is taking up your time).

If they're going to be replaced, Cat5 thinks he'll be available.

@Category 5 Hurricanecan you please confirm so I can ask?

51 minutes ago, Louis said:

@Sunflower I'd like to get to know you more as a player, right now everyone thinks you are a loyalist, I agree with that, who do you suspect?

original.gif

My biggest suspects right now are Voe, Irish, and Shade.

Voe because I think he would have liked the idea of going to war and because I think the rebels might have wanted someone like that on their team if they converted someone last night. If they didn't convert someone and used sellswords instead, I think he would fit the bill for that too. 

Irish because he said he would contribute 2,500 troops to help eliminate a player and asked if anyone would contribute more. But loyalists only choose to contribute troops to help the royal army defend a location. The elimination thing is automatic and it says it in the rules. He might have just read it wrong and made an honest mistake or maybe he was trying to catch a rebel in a slip.... but maybe he was the one who made the slip too. Plus I just kinda think he likes being mafia.

Shade because he's been openly blasé about the rebels almost like he was trying to signal to them that he wants to be converted. And maybe he did get converted last night because of it. And I don't understand why he doesn't care about raking in his old god points.

PrettyReckless could be rebel too just because I have no reason not to think so. But it would be a total shot in the dark.

I chose to ally with Sunflower, but the alliance doesn't kick in until the night, so apparently she has not been notified of my decision.  I feel as if I need to clarify this whereas I would have originally liked to be laissez faire.

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I chose to ally with Sunflower, but the alliance doesn't kick in until the night, so apparently she has not been notified of my decision.  I feel as if I need to clarify this whereas I would have originally liked to be laissez faire.

That does lessen my suspicion of you. It'd have been nice to be notified of acceptance or rejection before the night phase even if the doc wasn't available until then, though. Less confusion.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

That does lessen my suspicion of you. It'd have been nice to be notified of acceptance or rejection before the night phase even if the doc wasn't available until then, though. Less confusion.

Upon being informed that the doc would be opened N3 I almost complained to Verti, but alas, I'm not Shade :p

I'd not shed a tear over Voe.

That said, I'm eating dinner right now, while watching soccer, so I'm a bit distracted.  Let me think about actually swapping or not.  We have time, I might keep my vote where it is just as a statement while lending tacit support.

1 hour ago, Sunflower said:

original.gif

My biggest suspects right now are Voe, Irish, and Shade.

Voe because I think he would have liked the idea of going to war and because I think the rebels might have wanted someone like that on their team if they converted someone last night. If they didn't convert someone and used sellswords instead, I think he would fit the bill for that too. 

Irish because he said he would contribute 2,500 troops to help eliminate a player and asked if anyone would contribute more. But loyalists only choose to contribute troops to help the royal army defend a location. The elimination thing is automatic and it says it in the rules. He might have just read it wrong and made an honest mistake or maybe he was trying to catch a rebel in a slip.... but maybe he was the one who made the slip too. Plus I just kinda think he likes being mafia.

Shade because he's been openly blasé about the rebels almost like he was trying to signal to them that he wants to be converted. And maybe he did get converted last night because of it. And I don't understand why he doesn't care about raking in his old god points.

PrettyReckless could be rebel too just because I have no reason not to think so. But it would be a total shot in the dark.

Thanks for the input too, I agree that Shade has bee ln extra shady, however his faith helps us look into anyone who isn't Royal.

Irish would seem like a likely candidates and I agree he would be a great scum player, the only reason I haven't voted for him is because when I did in Janitorial mafia, I came across as too agressive and got killed for that, which I want to survive

Voe on the hand has been agressive he's been lying low, or maybe just busy but id hop on the Voe train

1 minute ago, Louis said:

Thanks for the input too, I agree that Shade has bee ln extra shady, however his faith helps us look into anyone who isn't Royal.

Irish would seem like a likely candidates and I agree he would be a great scum player, the only reason I haven't voted for him is because when I did in Janitorial mafia, I came across as too agressive and got killed for that, which I want to survive

Voe on the hand has been agressive he's been lying low, or maybe just busy but id hop on the Voe train

You've already hit your aggressive quota so you can be aggressive on Irish if you want :p

9 minutes ago, Louis said:

I hear ya. I wanna survive too. Maybe all my rebel hunting won't win me any friends with some people. Oh well!

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Voe it is, then?

I would not object since i had a hunch that Voe would be a rebel on the last day. But there is nothing more since then (which could be considered suspicious in itself), the same is also true for Retal though.

With all he has said and done there are much stronger arguments against Shade. What makes me think twice is the fact that Jeod absolutely ingores that case. So maybe he knows more? As a transparent king you would not mind to reveal the Hand of the King, right?

1 minute ago, rubeci said:

I would not object since i had a hunch that Voe would be a rebel on the last day. But there is nothing more since then (which could be considered suspicious in itself), the same is also true for Retal though.

With all he has said and done there are much stronger arguments against Shade. What makes me think twice is the fact that Jeod absolutely ingores that case. So maybe he knows more? As a transparent king you would not mind to reveal the Hand of the King, right?

The hand of the king should probably be kept secret for 2 reasons.

1) Rebels probably want to attack the hand directly.  Keeping them unknown thwarts this.

2) The Hand is probably safe from conversion.  Not knowing who it is is one one problem the rebels will have to avoid when trying to convert someone.