[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

Just now, Jeod said:

Perhaps if they didn’t appear almost manipulative...

All I've been doing is providing valuable information.  That and say rubeci was NOT a rebel.  And guess what, he WASN'T.  Sure, he was an indie, but technically speaking, I WAS RIGHT.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

All I've been doing is providing valuable information.  That and say rubeci was NOT a rebel.  And guess what, he WASN'T.  Sure, he was an indie, but technically speaking, I WAS RIGHT.

See but even the current rebels know who isn’t among their ranks.

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Another mafia truism is that good town (royalist) shouldn't care about their own appearance.  I was trusting you to keep a level head, as you seemed to be doing a better job of that than usual.

But you can't claim the rebel agenda is "stopping the king from being a bonehead".

Well which is it, am I a level head or a bonehead? It seems to me that you’re acting a bit too much like the vizier who pulls the strings behind the curtain.

Just now, Jeod said:

Well which is it, am I a level head or a bonehead? It seems to me that you’re acting a bit too much like the vizier who pulls the strings behind the curtain.

It's two separate scales.  Levelheaded was more of a remark about not being hasty.  IE You've done things such as consider the realm's disparate religion before selecting a national religion and also taking a poll on the project before constructing one rather than just picking.  However, you're still capable of making mistakes, such as going after rubeci.

And what I'm doing is putting together the puzzle and solving for the correct answer.  I'm trying to help you which is why it's so frustrating when things go off the rails :p

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Not allying with the king is the opposite of help. What do you hope to accomplish by choosing who you did?

I hope to gain knowledge of a certain person's house and gain a unique action, as well as extra assurances on my land because there's one more person to trade troops with (because you're king we can already swap troops with the royal army so it's redundant if we ally).

Also Jeod if you send me to the wall, your reign as King is pretty much over.  My House power is that I CANNOT be converted (House Tully), so the fact that I'm loyalist is your strongest bulwark against the rebels.  If you eliminate me, you WILL be outnumbered tomorrow.

The notification of alliance request said something about gaining a "shared action" (I guess not "unique"), whatever that means, but it sounds exciting.  Technically I could have done it with you, but you have enough actions.  I think it's based off our Houses, and I wanted to maybe extend my immunity to conversion to another possible loyalist.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Says the player who doesn’t think having a private google doc to exchange info with the king about conversions is important. It’s all about the army.

Things would have been fine if you had kept your cool :p

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Things would have been fine if you had kept your cool :p

I'm guessing Sunflower is off your list for today, then. I've already said that I share your assessment of her. But what do the other players think of her?

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd actually read Louis higher for the same reason, really, if she wasn't so aggro on me probably.

The only reason I'm attacking you is just to make sure you're a Royal and not a rebel, I do believe you are a Royal now but you also told me on my first game not to trust anyone and yet you turned out to be mafia

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Edit: Meaning I disagree with your assessment of Louis.

@Jeod what do you think of me, out of curiosity?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I'm guessing Sunflower is off your list for today, then. I've already said that I share your assessment of her. But what do the other players think of her?

Right now I'd only go for Shade or Retal (in that order), though I do hope we get some discussion on other subjects that is productive so my reads can progress.

Also I have to get ready for community day, so I'll be afk for a few hours now, though if there's any questions in the next 5 or so minutes I can probably answer real quick.

@Louis I don't fully trust Orange yet, which is why I disagree with his assessment. You're similar to Sunflower except that you're attacking him. Therefore, to me you and Sunflower are similar reads--you've both been helpful toward the kingdom.

Right now I'd only go for Shade or Retal (in that order), though I do hope we get some discussion on other subjects that is productive so my reads can progress.

Also I have to get ready for community day, so I'll be afk for a few hours now, though if there's any questions in the next 5 or so minutes I can probably answer real quick.

My entire strategy for this reign is to use the Old Gods scouting to root out the rebels. If Shade goes, then my choice of religion is moot.

Just now, Jeod said:

My entire strategy for this reign is to use the Old Gods scouting to root out the rebels. If Shade goes, then my choice of religion is moot.

Well if Shade's compromised everything's a wash anyway.  Our scouts would be high priority targets for conversion, which is just another checkmark against him.  I hope we have someone who is Old Gods that didn't speak up, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well if Shade's compromised everything's a wash anyway.  Our scouts would be high priority targets for conversion, which is just another checkmark against him.  I hope we have someone who is Old Gods that didn't speak up, but I'm not holding my breath.

*cough cough* Pretty Reckless *cough cough*

But yeah, heading out to Pokemon now.

48 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

It might have something to do with Verti saying that royal = town and rebel = mafia on the first page. :p

I would have thought with Jeod picking your religion, you'd be more supportive of him because the longer he stays king, the longer you get to rake in the faith points. But the way you've been talking, you wouldn't bat an eyelash if he got deposed tomorrow. Kinda makes me wonder if you're not really a different religion. Or maybe you're salty because the Great Sept only benefits loyal houses and you aren't one of them?

Scouting actions aren't the best way to keep myself alive. There's a fairly limited number of things my faith gets to do, so having more FP isn't going to personally benefit me as much.

47 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If Shade ever wants the Heart Tree to be built he'll deliver results with his scouting ability. I'm far more concerned with Orange, who accepted an alliance proposal for someone other than the king. What's the motive behind that decision?

See, now a heart tree sounds like more like something I might personally benefit from.

10 minutes ago, Jeod said:

@Louis I don't fully trust Orange yet, which is why I disagree with his assessment. You're similar to Sunflower except that you're attacking him. Therefore, to me you and Sunflower are similar reads--you've both been helpful toward the kingdom.

13 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I haven't gotten to know Sunflower yet, so I don't have a good assessment of her other than the fact that I don't believe she's scum

6 minutes ago, Jeod said:

@Sunflower what do you think of Orange so far?

There were a couple things I noticed like when he said something about being annoyed that Verti changed the wording of his ability without telling him and how it affected his analysis that sounded genuine (tho I guess even if he was rebel, he would have the same ability...). I don't really get where he's coming from on Retaliation, but I guess we all have different reads. And I feel like he's been kind of intense and I don't think he'd be acting like that if he was rebel because it's not really like him. He's not one of my top suspects right now.

18 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Sunflower is the type of player to hide in the shadow and bide her time to strike. I wouldn't put it past her to actually want to be King, especially if it's in character.

Of course, I'm not certain she'd actually go for it unless she thought the odds where in her favor. Which considering how many problems the King is likely going to have to face, She might consider it to be too much effort.