Mystery Mafia: Holidays 2019

iLikeToSnipe

Game Rules and InfoGeneral Rules:

• All standard, common sense rules apply (no unapproved out of game communication, no griefing your faction, etc)
  • If you're not sure about something, just ask me in a PM or in the forum
  • Day phase will last 48 hours, night phase lasts 24 hours
  • There is no early hammer from voting
  • There is no penalty for not voting or continually voting for no lynch

Vanilla Role Text:

Anyone with a vanilla role will receive the following text in a PM. Use this as you will.

"You are a vanilla role and have no special abilities."

Game Specific Rules/Info:

• Mafia start without a mafia doc
  • Unless associated with one of the mechanic twists, there are no crazy roles (i.e. no Death Note)
  • You can expect the Mafia to get stronger as the game progresses

Day 1There's a Mafia group trying to rally in this town and it's up to the Town to stop them! Day ends in 48 hours at 6:00 PM EST 01/04/2020. Good luck!

Players Left (8):

• OrangeP47
  • Jeod
  • Retaliation
  • Shade939
  • Killing_You
  • Mojoman
  • NodFan
  • ChopBam

17 minutes ago, Jeod said:

First mafia game of 2020. Here's to many more excellent games this year.

Huzzah, now let's celebrate by playing a game of psychological manipulation where we plot how achieve our various faction goals.

Which naturally raises the question are you scum @Jeod?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Huzzah, now let's celebrate by playing a game of psychological manipulation where we plot how achieve our various faction goals.

Oh good, he's agro back on Jeod now instead of me. :dance:

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

That joke is so last year.

@Shade939 r u town?

There's enough agro for you both.

What's your nickname in your PM @OrangeP47;) Also, are you scummier or less scummy than Jeod?

I don't have a nickname, and there's nothing to suggest that's a feature of this game?

Like I said pre-game though, I always act scummy, even when town, because the goal of meta play is to always be consistent, so I'm just me, and you guys scum read me no matter what, so here we are :P

42 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Mafia start without a mafia doc

HOLD UP. Does this mean fisherman Shade can be useful this time? (Technically he could be useful to either alignment with this mechanic)

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

HOLD UP. Does this mean fisherman Shade can be useful this time? (Technically he could be useful to either alignment with this mechanic)

I mean, if there's more than one mafia, they have to find each other.... or not... (personally if I was mafia, I'd not bother), so we could, potentially, see some mafia signalling going on, but I don't particularly see how that would make Shade's usual antics useful.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Not if they're the coptor :v

Honestly I kinda glazed over at Shade's antics already, but this made me realize, I better say it now before anybody gets any "bright" ideas. Mafia 101:  If you're vanilla: do NOT claim vanilla. All it does is narrow down for scum who the power roles are, and who they should night kill first.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Cop claiming early and having a hidden protective role keep them alive usualy works out better than a cop being silent for most of the game and hoping they can speak later.

Cop and doctor in an 8 player setup is generally considered town-OP by most game design standards.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Cop and doctor in an 8 player setup is generally considered town-OP by most game design standards.

Depends on what other power roles would be in game, or weirder game mechanics that I'll theorize about when I actually have something to go on.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Cop claiming early and having a hidden protective role keep them alive usualy works out better than a cop being silent for most of the game and hoping they can speak later.

This I agree with, but not on the first day for obvious reasons.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Depends on what other power roles would be in game, or weirder game mechanics that I'll theorize about when I actually have something to go on.

I mean, while I said I'm suspicious of the wording in the OP, this is *supposed* to be a non-crazy game, so...

I mean, while I said I'm suspicious of the wording in the OP, this is *supposed* to be a non-crazy game, so...

I mean, I don't want to do this, but Shade, are you SERIOUSLY claiming space station, or are you just spouting random BS? Your answer will seriously impact my view of this game.

That's how they get you.

Lure you into a false sense of security before they stab you in the back. :p

Clearly you have to expect the unexpected.

I mean, I don't want to do this, but Shade, are you SERIOUSLY claiming space station, or are you just spouting random BS? Your answer will seriously impact my view of this game.

Random BS, my role is far less amusing than being a space station. :(

That's how they get you.

Lure you into a false sense of security before they stab you in the back. :p

Clearly you have to expect the unexpected.

If you're scum and you successfully gaslight me I'm probably going to legit be angry on some level.