Mystery Mafia: Holidays 2019

iLikeToSnipe

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Ehh... I still don't like it, but there's not much I can do other than sit and hope you get this right.

Honestly in a game this size, even just RNGing it isn't too bad :v But I think if we get everyone commenting we can improve the odds significantly.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm not acting any more suspicious than I usually do. Frankly, this is just the "look, someone's being active, they must be scum" thing that happens.

Also, in thinking earlier, I will not support no lynch this game. It's stated right in the OP scum get stronger as time go on, and no lynching will quite possibly give scum a free NK, squandering valuable town resources.  We need to act while we're at our strongest, not be passive.

52 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You know, I'm just going to be bold:

I'm the town vigilante. I got one shot. If I get a scum read D1, I'm shooting them. If someone does not participate D1, I'm shooting them. If multiple people do not participate D1, I'll rand my shot between them. Or semi-rand, we can discuss it.  Either way, I'm going to fire before hammer today.

If you don't want to die, convince me you're town.

Actually, I think it was more related to you're acting suspiciously because you have a day kill to fall back on that you're playing around instead. :v

Although, I do question what sort of other roles we have in game with a day-vig being her. Although a day-vig really doesn't mess with balance so much as it does game length.

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I can, but as I'd *hope* you all know I'm rather judicious with my votes, and I'm pretty sure whenever Retal gets back he'll provide ample evidence, one way or another, for further review, so I don't really feel the need to pressure at this time. Unless he comes back and acts like obstinate or something, but that's not really in character for him.

I will not rest until this injustice done to me is rectified. I'd call that obstinate.

8 hours ago, Jeod said:

I suggest we vote the man who admits to being Mafia.

##vote Retaliation

Or failing that do the town thing and lynch scum!

##vote Retaliation

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Shoot the Fool?

I'd be a lot more subtle about it if my objective was to be lynched. I'm playing a different game.

9 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, just to be extra sure, Retal, are you fully caught up?

Depends on what you mean caught up. Like did I post knowing the vig claim? Yes.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I'm going to be seriously confused if nothing bad happens to you in response to Retaliation baiting out your abiliy.

I felt as if it was so blatant it was trying to wrap around to "something isn't quite right here, hol' up" that I didn't want to fall for it so I just did it :p

Call it thinking like Jeod :p

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Retaliation the Town vanilla has been killed!

Sorry, I'd have more flavor but I'm on mobile.

I don't want to hear any whining from Jeod. Anyone else is free to complain.  Well, Shade, you can't complain either.

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't want to hear any whining from Jeod. Anyone else is free to complain.  Well, Shade, you can't complain either.

What about if I complain at Retaliation instead? :p

Also, I'll want sone clarification of your reasoning at some point Retaliation? Admittedly, Orange really did jump the gun here though...

Just now, Shade939 said:

What about if I complain at Retaliation instead? :p

Also, I'll want sone clarification of your reasoning at some point Retaliation? Admittedly, Orange really did jump the gun here though...

I mean, clarification is fair. I thought Retal's early posts could have legit been signalling, and then when called out and explicity threatened (even if I wasn't *the most* explicit as others were in the running), with his later posts I thought he was trying to double down in sort of a "nobody who's guilty would be so brazen" gambit. Especially because the very last time something like this happened (I can't remember exactly how many games ago it was), Retal was pretty quick to go "No, I was joking, calm down!" more or less.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, clarification is fair. I thought Retal's early posts could have legit been signalling, and then when called out and explicity threatened (even if I wasn't *the most* explicit as others were in the running), with his later posts I thought he was trying to double down in sort of a "nobody who's guilty would be so brazen" gambit. Especially because the very last time something like this happened (I can't remember exactly how many games ago it was), Retal was pretty quick to go "No, I was joking, calm down!" more or less.

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I'd be a lot more subtle about it if my objective was to be lynched. I'm playing a different game.

Depends on what you mean caught up. Like did I post knowing the vig claim? Yes.

This isn't him exactly saying you should shoot him you know...

And I don't think things were really rushed to shoot him now instead of later if that's even what was going to happen.

You were really trigger happy you know.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

This isn't him exactly saying you should shoot him you know...

And I don't think things were really rushed to shoot him now instead of later if that's even what was going to happen.

You were really trigger happy you know.

He was saying he wasn't a jester, because Jeod called him a "fool", which can be interpreted as jester, so it was a different track.

And there kind of was a bit of pressure, because people here have a tendency to peace out before hammer and we need time to discuss the results of the shot before voting.  The absolute latest I wanted to do the shot is tomorrow morning but I really don't have faith for much activity before then.