Mystery Mafia: Holidays 2019

iLikeToSnipe

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

He was saying he wasn't a jester, because Jeod called him a "fool", which can be interpreted as jester, so it was a different track.

And there kind of was a bit of pressure, because people here have a tendency to peace out before hammer and we need time to discuss the results of the shot before voting.  The absolute latest I wanted to do the shot is tomorrow morning but I really don't have faith for much activity before then.

I could argue you didn't even give him sufficient time to try to defend himself you know...

My main concern is how likely would you be as Mafia to use a day kill without being in the standard Mafia Doc with your teammate to figure out who to hit.

Unless we have some sort of hidden day action which formed a masonry already... but that requires some fairly specific conditions to be met that the odds wouldn't really be in favor of...

Just now, Shade939 said:

I could argue you didn't even give him sufficient time to try to defend himself you know...

My main concern is how likely would you be as Mafia to use a day kill without being in the standard Mafia Doc with your teammate to figure out who to hit.

Unless we have some sort of hidden day action which formed a masonry already... but that requires some fairly specific conditions to be met that the odds wouldn't really be in favor of...

You seemed to think he wasn't above board too, which is why I do not consider your complaining valid :p

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You seemed to think he wasn't above board too, which is why I do not consider your complaining valid :p

Is that your standard response to murdering someone you monster. :v

I still would have asked more questions instead of shooting him at the first chance you get. 

I'm pretty certain he was joking for day one, which you can see what's happened to him the past three games he's tried to tell a joke now...

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Is that your standard response to murdering someone you monster. :v

I still would have asked more questions instead of shooting him at the first chance you get. 

I'm pretty certain he was joking for day one, which you can see what's happened to him the past three games he's tried to tell a joke now...

Like I said, last time this happened, he much more explicitly backed off as soon as we got serious.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Like I said, last time this happened, he much more explicitly backed off as soon as we got serious.

I mean, maybe everyone's decided it's time to change up their metas, which is good for them, but bad for everyone else :p

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, maybe everyone's decided it's time to change up their metas, which is good for them, but bad for everyone else :p

Is the example you shooting Retaliation? :v

Also, have a vote for that, and let's see where things go from here. I'm going to be extremely annoyed if we let a Mafia player get away with a day one kill because they wanted to pretend to be a Town Vigilante and signal their teammates at the same time assuming they didn't die to your day kill.

##Vote OrangeP47

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Is the example you shooting Retaliation? :v

Also, have a vote for that, and let's see where things go from here. I'm going to be extremely annoyed if we let a Mafia player get away with a day one kill because they wanted to pretend to be a Town Vigilante and signal their teammates at the same time assuming they didn't die to your day kill.

##Vote OrangeP47

Being wrong =/= being mafia. There's really nothing else to say, though I do remind you how before the game I told you exactly how I'd play this game if I were mafia :p

Though unfortunately, you're one to make a lot of terrible mistakes :p

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You need to try putting yourself in other people's shoes more often.

Preferably a living player, or should I go with Retaliations point of view? Maybe the GM's? 

If you have a pair if iLTS shoes I'll take those. :p

Just now, Shade939 said:

Preferably a living player, or should I go with Retaliations point of view? Maybe the GM's? 

If you have a pair if iLTS shoes I'll take those. :p

I mean, if you put on Retal's shoes, he seemed to want to die anyway :v

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

##unvote

As much as I disagree with how that happened, it does line up with Orange's claim. And frankly, with so few players, I'd prefer to use the lynch on "suspected scum" over "townie that did a naughty."

In other words,

ba936owzzr011.png

See Shade, why can't you be more like Killing_You.

But anywho, it's late. Tomorrow there will be more pressure, but for now I just will give the inactives until I wake up tomorrow to get in gear. Going after inactives is usually suboptimal, but in this game/case it might actually be optimal, as I'm feeling good about all the actives, and PoE dictates a hit somewhere in the inactives anyway.

21 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

See Shade, why can't you be more like Killing_You.

The guy who's unvoting you and stating your a Town player because you killed a vanilla Town player with a day kill at the first opportunity you could find?

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

...what.

Do you really have no problems with Orange using a day kill at the earliest opportunity he thought he might be able to without being lynched? 

And if you don't find Orange as the most suspicious player at the moment who would you suggest instead? You kinda just unvoted and stated you'd rather go after a different Scum suspect on day one, because Orange is a "Townie who did a naughty"...

Do you really have no problems with Orange using a day kill at the earliest opportunity he thought he might be able to without being lynched? 

I thought I made my distaste at the whole affair clear.

And if you don't find Orange as the most suspicious player at the moment who would you suggest instead? You kinda just unvoted and stated you'd rather go after a different Scum suspect on day one, because Orange is a "Townie who did a naughty"...

I don't know who else to suggest. Thing is, though, Orange claimed vig, and he backed it up. Again, I don't like it, but unless you're going to try and argue that he's a Mafia Dayvig in an 8-player non-CYOR setup (which is an argument that skirts dangerously close to WIFOM territory, and I really don't have the energy to argue against that right now), the only thing that makes sense is that he's a town day vig that opened fire, and hit a townie. It sucks, but we have to move on, because I'd really like to try and avoid a retribution lynch, which will put us at two dead town on D1 and barely anything to go on.

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

I don't know who else to suggest. Thing is, though, Orange claimed vig, and he backed it up. Again, I don't like it, but unless you're going to try and argue that he's a Mafia Dayvig in an 8-player non-CYOR setup (which is an argument that skirts dangerously close to WIFOM territory, and I really don't have the energy to argue against that right now), the only thing that makes sense is that he's a town day vig that opened fire, and hit a townie. It sucks, but we have to move on, because I'd really like to try and avoid a retribution lynch, which will put us at two dead town on D1 and barely anything to go on.

I think Orange is trying to signal to other mafia who he is, so they can snuggle up with him for the evening in a nice cozy mafia doc.

KY raises a valid point regarding me. Would there really be a mafia daykill in an 8 player game? Come on.

That said, I'm disappointed in the overnight activity, or lack thereof.

##Vote Mojoman

Because I have slightly more confidence he'll show up than NodFan to do some work.

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

KY raises a valid point regarding me. Would there really be a mafia daykill in an 8 player game? Come on.

That said, I'm disappointed in the overnight activity, or lack thereof.

##Vote Mojoman

Because I have slightly more confidence he'll show up than NodFan to do some work.

Why couldn't there be a Mafia day kill in a game where Mafia don't start out in contact with each other? That seems like it would help serve to balance itself out already wouldn't it?

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Why couldn't there be a Mafia day kill in a game where Mafia don't start out in contact with each other? That seems like it would help serve to balance itself out already wouldn't it?

I mean, there's signal flares, and then there's atomic bombs.  You don't use atomic bombs to signal your allies. It's not an argument worth having, and I disagree.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, there's signal flares, and then there's atomic bombs.  You don't use atomic bombs to signal your allies. It's not an argument worth having, and I disagree.

That depends on how you use the ability, balance wise, it's a good ability to give to strengthen a lone mafia member if their teammate died because they didn't have access to a doc with them.

That depends on how you use the ability, balance wise, it's a good ability to give to strengthen a lone mafia member if their teammate died because they didn't have access to a doc with them.

Which even the most uncharitable spin you could place on what just happened here still doesn't sound like a comparable situation.