CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't want to just pull stuff out of thin air, but a driver would fit with Shade's choice of character and his claims about visiting certain people being difficult to choose.

You think Shade redirected Jeod before he died? That does sound like something he would do I guess.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

I'm pretty sure someone's lying anyway.

I swear to pancakes, if that's actually true...

Just now, Sunflower said:

You think Shade redirected Jeod before he died? That does sound like something he would do I guess.

And like, just knowing Shade, he has a certain obsession with drivers. NO, he didn't TELL me he was a driver before the game started, but I know for a fact that driver is one of his favorite roles.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

The exploding guy was a bodyguard? He'd just explode and kill his protected target if hit by the NK. Shade being the driver does make a bit of sense.

The passive explosion kills the character who killed him. What the night action does is allows the eversor to defend one of the chosen player's characters.

Did anyone receive anything last night? NodFan said he gave his identity away, so someone must have it. I don't think his language can be interpreted as anything other than an ability.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm interpreting it as him spilling the beans to us and he was worried if that's even allowed.

He sent me something in Discord but removed it before I saw it. Wouldn't have read it anyway. This might be a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I think the likelihood of him being a threat is dependent on how much you trust Jeod's claim. The problem there is that Jeod's threat goes up along with that.

I mean, not even Jeod knows what to make of Jeod's claim it seems, if it's real.

It really comes down to what do you think is more likely.

Jeod is telling the truth about copping Nodfan and the NodFan result is correct

Jeod is lying about copping Nodfan and Nodfan is sloppy town

Jeod is telling the truth copping Nodfan but NodFan happens to be some sort of godfather mafia/TP

Jeod is lying about copping NodFan but NodFan happens to be the Netural/TP player this game

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

It really comes down to what do you think is more likely.

Jeod is telling the truth about copping Nodfan and the NodFan result is correct

Jeod is lying about copping Nodfan and Nodfan is sloppy town

Jeod is telling the truth copping Nodfan but NodFan happens to be some sort of godfather mafia/TP

Jeod is lying about copping NodFan but NodFan happens to be the Netural/TP player this game

Honestly there's also the possibility Jeod is lying and they're somehow teammates and covering best as possible... Or Jeod is lying and NodFan is mafia but Jeod is not mafia too somehow... but yeah it's a mess.

I just kinda want it resolved, but the thing holding me back is then we're down a day if NodFan is just a derp town or a neutral, cause neutral could help town (and more importantly scum have the opportunity to NK and reduce town's number), it's just a lot more compelling than the nebulous arguments against either you or KY (or anything I could make against anyone other than Jeod).

I've been working under the assumption that lynching Jeod would sort this mess out.

Honestly, the fact that he claims to have a cop like ability and that I had my alignment motion detector don't mesh well, so yes, it would sort things, but he's not the one who said he wasn't town, and I think that has a lot of sway with the majority to work out who we can actually get a vote on, especially this close to hammer.

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly there's also the possibility Jeod is lying and they're somehow teammates and covering best as possible... Or Jeod is lying and NodFan is mafia but Jeod is not mafia too somehow... but yeah it's a mess.

I just kinda want it resolved, but the thing holding me back is then we're down a day if NodFan is just a derp town or a neutral, cause neutral could help town (and more importantly scum have the opportunity to NK and reduce town's number), it's just a lot more compelling than the nebulous arguments against either you or KY (or anything I could make against anyone other than Jeod).

But resolve what part? The Jeod part or the NodFan part? On the one side, Jeod has the peanuts and the driver mystery around him. On the other hand, NodFan might have made a slip or something and is just kinda vague.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

But resolve what part? The Jeod part or the NodFan part? On the one side, Jeod has the peanuts and the driver mystery around him. On the other hand, NodFan might have made a slip or something and is just kinda vague.

I guess your point is resolving one doesn't really resolve the other? I guess really, I suppose that is true, though it's also true it wouldn't be entirely isolated either way. It does come back to the fact that NodFan was the one who said he wasn't town. If you guys *suddenly* wanted to all pile on Jeod though, I wouldn't cry about it, I'm just saying.

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

I think Jeod told me one time when there's a conflict between a potential cop and their target, you're supposed to lynch one of them, but I can't remember which one it was. Then again, this situation is a little different than the normal conflict.

Yeah, this is a bit different than standard, but I guess it does emphasize we should pick one of them.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I think Jeod told me one time when there's a conflict between a potential cop and their target, you're supposed to lynch one of them, but I can't remember which one it was. Then again, this situation is a little different than the normal conflict.

That situation is when a cop has a guilty claim, or when there are two cop claims. This is a different scenario, yes.

9 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I threw peanuts at FRAYDO today and nothing happened, and we all seem sure that shade did the redirect.

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, the fact that he claims to have a cop like ability and that I had my alignment motion detector don't mesh well, so yes, it would sort things, but he's not the one who said he wasn't town, and I think that has a lot of sway with the majority to work out who we can actually get a vote on, especially this close to hammer.

I think you have a point. No matter how the Jeod flip goes today, we're still going to have Nodfan's words in the back of our minds. It would be simple for scum to push a lynch for that the next time we have no leads.

Do you think Jeod could verify his claims if he's been given another night?

I think you have a point. No matter how the Jeod flip goes today, we're still going to have Nodfan's words in the back of our minds. It would be simple for scum to push a lynch for that the next time we have no leads.

Do you think Jeod could verify his claims if he's been given another night?

The thing is, if Jeod is scum, and thought there was no neutral TP, he could have concocted his cop side effect of control to "confirm" somebody as town "knowing" who the scum was and just said NodFan was town because he's not scum (if he's neutral TP) so when NodFan is like "no, I'm town..." that's why Jeod got so confused, cause he know he dun goofed. This is the possibility I'm really worried about. We flip NodFan and he's neutral/TP and then Jeod can just verify someone who really is town by making something up because he knows who scum is because he is one.

If you haven’t caught on yet...the control thing is fake. I read minds. That’s why I feel like it’s not a godfather deal, because I should be able to see right through that.

Just now, Jeod said:

If you haven’t caught on yet...the control thing is fake. I read minds. That’s why I feel like it’s not a godfather deal, because I should be able to see right through that.

I mean, flavor doesn't always translate to mechanics, or else I'd have had some pretty BS things in the past.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, flavor doesn't always translate to mechanics, or else I'd have had some pretty BS things in the past.

Not my fault you didn’t look up the character.