CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

Just now, Jeod said:

Right, so you didn’t perform the NK. Did you figure out your mason visitor?

Technically before the game ILTS said he'd probably allow scum to do an action AND NK so we shouldn't rule anyone out on those criteria.

On the topic of mason, I *suspect* it was Sunflower. Sunflower trying to disguise her typing style, but the use of some exclamation points and other quirks make me think it was her. The conversation was mostly about me, and after going to bed they didn't return in the morning so we didn't get to continue our conversation despite me thinking up a few more points I wanted to discuss, but in retrospect the conversation was mostly just encouraging me to continue on my path at the time of N1. Probably should be taken more of a null.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Technically before the game ILTS said he'd probably allow scum to do an action AND NK so we shouldn't rule anyone out on those criteria.

On the topic of mason, I *suspect* it was Sunflower. Sunflower trying to disguise her typing style, but the use of some exclamation points and other quirks make me think it was her. The conversation was mostly about me, and after going to bed they didn't return in the morning so we didn't get to continue our conversation despite me thinking up a few more points I wanted to discuss, but in retrospect the conversation was mostly just encouraging me to continue on my path at the time of N1. Probably should be taken more of a null.

If it wasn't Sunflower it could have been FRAYDO I guess. Though that said, I have no meta on NodFan, so who knows, maybe he is extremely similar to them. It most definitely wasn't KY or Retal, didn't talk anything like them.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If it wasn't Sunflower it could have been FRAYDO I guess. Though that said, I have no meta on NodFan, so who knows, maybe he is extremely similar to them. It most definitely wasn't KY or Retal, didn't talk anything like them.

And Shade is as subtle as a wet fart.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

It’s a pretty decent wholesome manga.

I just got like a 50 hour ebook though I haven't even started and I don't even like ebooks but it was able to get me credits towards free stuff in pokemon go (but the book was in my interest area).

I just got like a 50 hour ebook though I haven't even started and I don't even like ebooks but it was able to get me credits towards free stuff in pokemon go (but the book was in my interest area).

I mean, audiobook, not just any time of ebook.

7 hours ago, Jeod said:

He’s probably neutral or tp, but more importantly if it’s true then it means my telepathy can be messed with.

Entertaining the idea of your telepathy being messed with, I don't believe you would have been bussed and messed with in the same night. That leads me to believe the Town read you found on NodFan, even if that "I am not town" statement from him could very well have sent him to the gallows.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Entertaining the idea of your telepathy being messed with, I don't believe you would have been bussed and messed with in the same night. That leads me to believe the Town read you found on NodFan, even if that "I am not town" statement from him could very well have sent him to the gallows.

It could be a passive defense like a godfather type dealio, or if there really is a tp/neutral faction, it's not like they'd coordinate with scum. Not saying that's the camp I'm in, but just saying there are explanations available.

At this low of a player count I'm less inclined to consider a tp/neutral faction but I can be wrong certainly. I hate to play the newbie card too but he did kinda post his passive already in public so I think we can rule out the godfather defense.

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

At this low of a player count I'm less inclined to consider a tp/neutral faction but I can be wrong certainly. I hate to play the newbie card too but he did kinda post his passive already in public so I think we can rule out the godfather defense.

You can have more than one passive, we all have three characters. I have two passives between my three characters (if they were all alive).

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

@OrangeP47 What's your read on the person you're masoned with?

I thought pretty town, but given that they just echoed me for the most part, it's not like it was the most productive thing in the world for me, so it could have just been a cheerleading effort. That's like some next level strats so I don't know if anyone would actually do it though. I mean, the only example of it happening here is the first time I scum masoned you. And we all know the second time I tried that with you it fell flat on it's face, so I don't know if anyone would go for a third attempt so soon.  I guess with that in mind I still feel good about them even if it wasn't the most productive thing.

You can have more than one passive, we all have three characters. I have two passives between my three characters (if they were all alive).

And like, to elaborate on this, the passive on my lamppost reported to me the alignments of all visitors to me the player, not visitors to the character lamppost, so it's definitely possible for one of NodFan's characters to have a godfather passive that affects his entire player lineup, while one of his other characters also has a different passive.

3w2zw3.jpg

Yeah back to that comment a few days ago about how my lineup was the most random bottom tier characters but also so perfectly balanced, I also briefly considered seeing how many passives I could stick on this lineup but decided to stop at just two :p

Though seriously, to channel my inner Shade min-maxer, right from the get go when ILTS announced this, having multiple passives is/was a fairly obvious way to powergame the rules for this setup.

Alright, here's where I'm at;

-Jeod doesn't right, but not quite scummy either. While his general vibe is off,  every angle I approach starts to look more town. It's confusing. I could maybe see an angle where he's fibbing about being able to see alignments, but that's super speculative and I don't feel comfortable enough about it to put a vote down.

-Orange feels like town, and on top of that there's a few things that simply don't match up with him being scum. Namely, his willingness to be shot twice, and the fact that he was actually pretty chummy with Shade, who ended up being the NK target. I just don't see scum Orange doing those things.

-I can see Shade's death as an attempt to implicate Jeod (I attempted a similar thing in my first game as scum), which initially made me want to question NodFan, but with the discrepancy cleared up, I can trust Jeod's "cop" read on him.

-Retal, Sunflower, and FRAYDO read like they usually do. If I believe Jeod is town, and that his cop claim is accurate, then that narrows it down to these three. I have a feeling that the scum team might be somewhere among them.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

What did @Killing_You do last night?

Oh me? I was busy on Monster Island. Probably should have left, though.

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah back to that comment a few days ago about how my lineup was the most random bottom tier characters but also so perfectly balanced, I also briefly considered seeing how many passives I could stick on this lineup but decided to stop at just two :p

Though seriously, to channel my inner Shade min-maxer, right from the get go when ILTS announced this, having multiple passives is/was a fairly obvious way to powergame the rules for this setup.

Pfft. I have THREE passives. Get on my level :v 

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

-Retal, Sunflower, and FRAYDO read like they usually do. If I believe Jeod is town, and that his cop claim is accurate, then that narrows it down to these three. I have a feeling that the scum team might be somewhere among them.

I may not have said it much because of the focus on Jeod, but I'm pretty suspicious of FRAYDO too.  There's a lot of his posts which feel like "Yes... but really no..." in that he's making a lot of good arguments, but if you stop and think they're actually kind of disingenuous, like deliberately omitting certain facts that would actually point to totally opposite conclusions, but the way he says things with confidence and authority and in a quick manner are almost designed to slide right past that.  Once or twice would just be something anybody could do, but I feel like this game with him it's a real pattern... and that could be scum trying to control the narrative.

Precisely!

well_yes_but_actually_no_meme-e155059496

I'm your anonymous mason.

Yeah, you're probably the only one besides Sunflower who would use exclamation points regularly.

Like I said though, the masonry felt a bit cheerleadery in retrospect, so I'm waffling on that as well. If you're scum, you're playing incredibly well, so it's a consideration I really have to... well... consider :p

14 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Alright, here's where I'm at;

The thing I've been grappling with all day is that we basically have two players claiming some kind of cop role. Unless the entire scum team is filled with godfathers or something that's suspicious to me. I trust Orange's claim because while he's been trying to take the lead on things, he's also been willing to put himself in danger and tried to calm shade down when jeod killed peanuts. Jeod has been... Jeod.

Understandable. I was hoping to glean as much information as I could from you regarding your remaining two characters and how well you would go moving forward in the game. That said, I think we should hear Sunflower's night claim.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Understandable. I was hoping to glean as much information as I could from you regarding your remaining two characters and how well you would go moving forward in the game. That said, I think we should hear Sunflower's night claim.

You should have woken up in the morning because I basically spilled a ton of more information but I don't think you saw it before ILTS closed the doc :p