CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

4 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

This is something that's bothering me a little. How come you decided not to do anything? Or did you mean something else?

Oh I did something last night. I've probably said a little too much as it is, though, unless you want a hardclaim. 

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

Hold up sunny, you’re claiming you watched FRAYDO visit orange? After he already confirmed he’s the mason?

Pretty much. I was hoping I could catch someone in a lie. And the way Orange put it made it sound like FRAYDO wanted to be anonymous, so I figured I'd just play along for a little while.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Probably isn’t definitive and if it is, the GM should confirm it.

TBH that's generally been fair game speculation in the past of all the games we've played so I high doubt we'd get GM confirmation.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

He said he gave away his identity but wasn’t sure how to explain it. I took that as he used an ability or had one used on him.

Given he also said he was still learning the rules in basically the same breath, I took that as some kind of attempt to say he wasn't sure if he was allowed to claim town/neutral as a deflection.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Given he also said he was still learning the rules in basically the same breath, I took that as some kind of attempt to say he wasn't sure if he was allowed to claim town/neutral as a deflection.

All I’m seeing here is you trying to deflect a lynch from anyone but me.

With all of the chaos so far, I'm finding it hard to get a handle on what a think of everyone, but here's sort of where I'm at:

Orange: Started the game sort of acting like a traffic cop, and part of me wondered if he was trying to fish out day vigs, but taking the hit revealed he was telling the truth about having a security tower even if it doesn't confirm alignment. Leaning toward his story checking out.

FRAYDO: He's a little aloof and mysterious as usual, but seeing him visit Orange last night makes me feel a little better about him. Tho the mysterious way Orange says he went about the mason makes me wonder if he might be neutral? He's not at the top of my suspects list.

Jeod: Clown murdering peanuts are sketchy. NodFan saying his report was wrong is also sketchy. But I do agree that targeting Shade with the NK would seem a little out of character for him. Would he really make all the claims he has so far if he was scum? He loves gambits, but I'm not sure.

NodFan: Really don't know what to make of him. It felt like he was just telling Jeod what he wanted to hear, but he's new too. I'd like to know more about what he did last night.

Retal: I liked how he was trying to keep people from shooting Orange a second time yesterday. The main thing I'm wondering about with him so far is that little wrestling match with Jeod. There was a lot going on there and they killed each other. Then he exploded at the end. I wonder what that was about. I'm not sure. I'd like to know more about that and about what he did last night.

KY: I'm having trouble with him because I like the things he says, but I don't like his actions. He has pretty good analysis as usual and his comments seem genuine, but he also blew up Orange's security tower. I was hoping my joke shot would calm things down, but it seemed to be the opposite. I know Orange asked for it but still. And he's being a bit cagey on what he did last night.

Not really sure which way to go on the vote.

*sigj* I've danced around this long enpugh, I suppose. I have a Doctor on my team. Mothra can save people at night. I protected myself, thinking that I could be a scrum target. I forgot Shade had a daykill at the ready, and was probably a bigger target, and I wish I had protected him instead.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

KY: I'm having trouble with him because I like the things he says, but I don't like his actions. He has pretty good analysis as usual and his comments seem genuine, but he also blew up Orange's security tower. I was hoping my joke shot would calm things down, but it seemed to be the opposite. I know Orange asked for it but still. And he's being a bit cagey on what he did last night.

Like I'll think over your post more, but this is literally the most I've ever town read KY in any game ever. If there was a dictionary of our metas, this game would be used as the picture for KY's town game, mark my words. He's just been so consistent with how he plays as town, even if I don't always agree with what he's saying.

Just now, Killing_You said:

*sigj* I've danced around this long enpugh, I suppose. I have a Doctor on my team. Mothra can save people at night. I protected myself, thinking that I could be a scrum target. I forgot Shade had a daykill at the ready, and was probably a bigger target, and I wish I had protected him instead.

Lol though self protect is not what I'd expect.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I tried protecting shade last night. The eversor was something similar to a bodyguard. I'm not really sure why it failed.

I can think of a few reasons, but none can be confirmed without more info, and not just info from you, but likely info from both scum and Shade, so info we won't be getting, so honestly I can't really say anything about this claim.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Lol though self protect is not what I'd expect.

Yeah, that's on me, I admit.

Like the obvious doc targets were me or Shade, I didn't outright say that because I thought it was that blatantly obvious.

I figured you were safe between arguing with Jeod and losing your lamp post. And as stated previously, not protecting Shade was a fluke.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I don't think it would have worked anyway.

I don't think the vanilla NK would be unstoppable. Yes this is hyper lethal, but that would make any protection action just useless, so why even have it. For the sake of argument I could see either you or KY lying about having a doc/protect (not accusing either of you of that at this time, to be clear), but I highly doubt BOTH of you are.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't think the vanilla NK would be unstoppable. Yes this is hyper lethal, but that would make any protection action just useless, so why even have it. For the sake of argument I could see either you or KY lying about having a doc/protect (not accusing either of you of that at this time, to be clear), but I highly doubt BOTH of you are.

What I mean is that I think it's possible it failed because I couldn't find shade.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

What I mean is that I think it's possible it failed because I couldn't find shade.

I guess it's possible he had some time-lord BS that caused it (one of the possibilities I thought of was his lightning rod made it impossible for protection to work), but still, without knowing the details, choosing to protect Shade would have made more sense than a self-protect. If it works or not was immaterial to my point.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

...How?

Orange has the right of it I think. All I was told my action failed, but not that I was roleblocked or anything.

I guess it's possible he had some time-lord BS that caused it (one of the possibilities I thought of was his lightning rod made it impossible for protection to work), but still, without knowing the details, choosing to protect Shade would have made more sense than a self-protect. If it works or not was immaterial to my point.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

By the way, none of this explains the driver.

I don't want to just pull stuff out of thin air, but a driver would fit with Shade's choice of character and his claims about visiting certain people being difficult to choose.

21 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I tried protecting shade last night. The eversor was something similar to a bodyguard. I'm not really sure why it failed.

The exploding guy was a bodyguard? He'd just explode and kill his protected target if hit by the NK. Shade being the driver does make a bit of sense.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

That just means someone is lying.

I'm pretty sure someone's lying anyway.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't want to just pull stuff out of thin air, but a driver would fit with Shade's choice of character and his claims about visiting certain people being difficult to choose.

I swear to pancakes, if that's actually true...