[GAME OVER] Simple Mafia 2020

Jeod

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I’ve been debating whether to extend by 24h since it seems nearly everyone spaced out over the weekend. I think I will.

Side effects of long term tiberium use and exposure include forgetfulness, fatigue, hair loss, organ failure, and rapid devolution into flesh eating blobs. Tiberium is not for everyone, if symptoms persist please contact your messiah.

On 6/10/2020 at 7:47 PM, GeneralCamo said:

The concern I have here is that a claimed doctor protecting themself would be worthless to prevent the cop being killed (the cop would inevitably need to reveal themself to give reports), thereby ruining the chances of a town win.

That being said, Nodfan voted KY for basically no reason and allowed him to get one vote away from being hammered. That kind of thing is something we absolutely cannot afford... Which makes me wonder if Nodfan is really town.

Well, since GeneralCamo spent most of the first day just memeing, he didn't give much useful material to anyone, there's basically this post and the one where he gave me 'the benefit of the doubt'.

Here we see GeneralCamo baiting the doctor not to protect himself, it was said earlier that killing Shade must have been a newbie move, but I disagree. GeneralCamo was doctor hunting and wanted to lure the doctor into a false sense of security. A real newbie move would be to kill the claimed cop. But, especially since I made such a last minute claim, the smartest scum move would be to counter claim if I managed to get one of them.

I selected GeneralCamo specifically because of his trying to fly under the radar, a common scum tactic. He only popped in to first, doctor hunt, and second, to spread suspicion, Nodfan's KY vote was a continued meme vote, there was really no need to cast suspicion at this point.

On 6/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, GeneralCamo said:

The fact is that everyone is jumping on this Mojoman train, with barely any evidence, raises a lot of questions. Yes the quote is suspicious, but it could easily be taken out of character to mean that this game is interesting. Quite honestly? I'm disappointed in all of you.

And this continues the casting of doubts. Here GeneralCamo does a 180, General was willing to cast suspicion on Nodfan with barely any evidence, but he's disappointment in everyone else for going with barely any evidence? Doesn't make any sense.

Once again, he doesn't commit and then spreads suspicion to everyone else. He knows I'm town, so if he doesn't jump on it, all the better to 'scum hunt' the ones who jumped on the train.

On 6/10/2020 at 7:35 AM, Mojoman said:

1481301038-hot-fuzz.jpg

And D1 I was dropping hints of being the cop.

See here, a screen grab of the two main officers from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Fuzz

Further,

On 6/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, Mojoman said:

Though it does increase the odds for the cop and doctor to do good work (assuming we don't lynch them) 

Someone would have to be VERY sure of their read, because it could end even worse. 

Let's say we decide KY is the scum, vote on him, but he says no no I'm the cop! We decide not to risk it, so we either nolynch or vote for someone else. If we nolynch, we're back in the same situation and our cop might be dead to a NK (if he isn't, he's scum so bonus), if we vote someone else, scum would NK our cop and we could kill another townie.

The entire time Shade was posting his ideas, I was very hesitant, as his plan did indeed involve me quite a lot.

Click to choose file"He claimed 3 minutes before the hammer. By the time I saw his claim, Mojo was already unvoted. Me claiming at that point would have only painted a target on my back for the mafia, and then Shade would have had the choice of either protecting me or mojo. And if he chose mojo, then I would have died before giving an actual investigation result. It was too risky to claim at that point." - GeneralCamo

Of course this is easy to claim afterwards without knowing who Shade chose to protect. Here's the thing, KY and I were tied before day end, General claims he is the cop, so he had no reason not to vote for me in that window before day end, he said I was already unvoted, but not that it was the end of the day. A simple vote for me would have pushed me to be lynched and boom, there goes the "fake" cop and leaves the field much easier for scum hunting.

Also, please excuse the formatting for his quote, I was having a heck of a time with the forums this morning, but this quote is on the last page for reference.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Hey guys, heads up: just to make you use your heads, if there's a tie vote, I'll call a nolynch. I don't like games decided by coinflips.

Fair. Though it's 2 hours until hammer so we'll see who comes around again.

It isn't a tie at the moment anyway, and as long as everyone has voted either Mojo or GeneralCamo, it can't be. There isn't any reason to vote for anyone else anyway, as one of the two have to be lying. If Alp and Nod aren't going to move votes, then there isn't much to do.

@MojomanI do have one concern regarding you. When you opened up today with your investigation result, you mostly talked about things that had happened since the day started, not things that happened on Day 1 or Night 1. You may have said this earlier and I missed it because I've been short on time and just skimming whenever I see new posts, but why did you investigate GeneralCamo?

30 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

@MojomanI do have one concern regarding you. When you opened up today with your investigation result, you mostly talked about things that had happened since the day started, not things that happened on Day 1 or Night 1. You may have said this earlier and I missed it because I've been short on time and just skimming whenever I see new posts, but why did you investigate GeneralCamo?

He didn't add anything much to the conversation D1, I ended up convincing myself KY was the Miller, Shade was active in making a plan that made sense to the majority of players, you had solid reasoning behind your reasons for voting me, Alp was asking clueless newbie questions, it didn't feel like part of an act to say that the Miller would flip town. That left NodFan and GeneralCamo, I had less information on General (and quite frankly, when people defend me without a good reason I get suspcious), so I chose to investigate him.

Now if Generalcamo gets lynched who would his teammate be?

My guess is Nodfan or Alp.

I know I said earlier Alp's newbie questions seemed legitimate, but that assumes he isn't being guided by a veteran scum, which is kind of unlikely tbh. But, he could easily pull the wool over our eyes like Louis has done for... how long now? (She's got the naive newbie down pat despite the fact she's been playing for a year now).

And my process of elimination up above only leaves Nodfan as the other scum.

17 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Fair enough. I mean, it'd still be Generalcamo since I copped him

Right, that didn't trip you up. I mean, these mind games would be better used on other people, but they aren't here.

In the realistic scenario, I'm kinda leaning towards Alp being GenCamo's teammate. GenCamo did town clear him, and Alp flipped on you. Nodfan showed up too late to help.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Right, that didn't trip you up. I mean, these mind games would be better used on other people, but they aren't here.

In the realistic scenario, I'm kinda leaning towards Alp being GenCamo's teammate. GenCamo did town clear him, and Alp flipped on you. Nodfan showed up too late to help.

I just thought you messed up what you meant to say haha.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Kinda! I started typing it out and thought "Wait that isn't right" and started to fix it, then I had the thought I could use it to check if you stay consistent.

Not a good check tbh.

I can barely be consistent in the same sentence :v