Kaiju CYOR Mafia [GAME OVER]

Shade939

Just now, Jeod said:

Anyway, so far all I can say is Cat5’s a mystery and Louis is the type of girl to have a great date with you but will steal your stuff in exchange.

Lol she's gonna pass the strange item Retal had to you for that comment.

Will be afk this afternoon helping my mom with a new smart phone. It was about time to upgrade anyway (especially since pokemon go is threatening to axe 32 bit OS support), but she broke the old phone earlier this week anyway.

PLAYER VOTE
iLikeToSnipe OrangeP47
Jeod  
OrangeP47  
Retaliation No Lynch
FRAYDO  
Sunflower  
Louis  
Category 5 Hurricane  
LEAD Split

24 Hours till Hammer.

iLTS ability was used to create an extra vote on Orange for the day phase.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote nolynch

I'm also so used to do doing CTRL + Enter for a newline in Discord... keep on accidentally posting things before I'm done typing.

At least we don't have a post cap here, not that we'd ever be that active here either. (I was actually in favor of the post cap at champs).

Just now, Retaliation said:

Post caps? Like the ones we do during the night phase?! That would leave me unable to contribute after using all of my posts to taunt Orange.

It was pretty high 150, but yeah.  The theory is a lot of players from communities like ours, where activity is not that great, get thrown right into the meat grinder and are completely overwhelmed, so putting a cap on how many times you can post per phase prevents the veteran players from completely drowning them out. The cap also lifts 2 hours before EoD, so everyone has a chance to discuss the final vote even if they hit the limit.

I went over the post cap every day but the last day of my champs game.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

It was pretty high 150, but yeah.  The theory is a lot of players from communities like ours, where activity is not that great, get thrown right into the meat grinder and are completely overwhelmed, so putting a cap on how many times you can post per phase prevents the veteran players from completely drowning them out. The cap also lifts 2 hours before EoD, so everyone has a chance to discuss the final vote even if they hit the limit.

I went over the post cap every day but the last day of my champs game.

I imagine the game is taken much more seriously compared to here, where we all point and laugh when KY gets screwed over by town power roles.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I imagine the game is taken much more seriously compared to here, where we all point and laugh when KY gets screwed over by town power roles.

Depends. My game was actually pretty light hearted.  D1 when it came time for EoD because we were pretty much consensus we just memed for 2 hours in the exact sort of way that's typically discouraged in champs and we nailed a scum.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Depends. My game was actually pretty light hearted.  D1 when it came time for EoD because we were pretty much consensus we just memed for 2 hours in the exact sort of way that's typically discouraged in champs and we nailed a scum.

Like I actually wasn't the top poster (the scum mastermind was, proving once and for all despite what people say, powerwolfing is the best strategy), and we challenged each other to see who could get the highest D1 post count and that was our biggest concern EoD.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Like I actually wasn't the top poster (the scum mastermind was, proving once and for all despite what people say, powerwolfing is the best strategy), and we challenged each other to see who could get the highest D1 post count and that was our biggest concern EoD.

Sounds like a pretty stupid way to lose.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Sounds like a pretty stupid way to lose.

He wasn't the scum we nailed D1. We actually nailed someone unrelated because of a bizzare typo incident that's hard to explain.  Basically the setup is 3 mafia, 10 vanilla town, and 2 jack of all trades. One JOAT claimed, one vanilla fake claimed (we don't know it's fake), one scum member was recapping what happened and typoed the fake claimer as an unrelated person.  Everyone is like "Eh?" Unrelated person freaks out, reveals they are the second JOAT for real. Really, this isn't a reason to suspect that scum member, because how could they have possibly known this? Still, everyone is so agro we basically consensus vote them out because it's D1 and there's not much else to do, and surprise surprise, we eliminate a scum D1.