[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

11 minutes ago, Louis said:

Question! What is a meta?

Meta is term used to describe how somebody acts in certain situations throughout all games. For the most part, we aren't total strangers to each other. I've seen how Orange plays as town and as mafia. Many people have seen how I play as town, mafia, and third party (never been neutral before this game).

So, you can kind of get a feeling for somebody's alignment by how they are playing the game compared to past games. However, it's still no guarantee. You still have your own biases to filter and there's nothing to keep a person from switching up their meta.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Meta is term used to describe how somebody acts in certain situations throughout all games. For the most part, we aren't total strangers to each other. I've seen how Orange plays as town and as mafia. Many people have seen how I play as town, mafia, and third party (never been neutral before this game).

So, you can kind of get a feeling for somebody's alignment by how they are playing the game compared to past games. However, it's still no guarantee. You still have your own biases to filter and there's nothing to keep a person from switching up their meta.

Awesome thanks!

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I don't have anything that's a global action, like killamafia, I would have to target somebody I think is from either alignment I believe killed me. I've already got some town reads and scum reads, so I don't think that's gonna be difficult. As for what I can do in that case, I'm not saying yet. Think of it as maiming rather than killing for what it does.

So no matter which faction takes you out of the game, you can't be sure you hurt the correct faction in revenge, mathematically making you more of a liability to town than anyone else.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So no matter which faction takes you out of the game, you can't be sure you hurt the correct faction in revenge, mathematically making you more of a liability to town than anyone else.

If I chose randomly, sure. But I'm not gonna choose randomly. I can have a much better than 50% of hitting the right faction.

Frankly I think venting today probably saved you from getting lynched this game, as I suspect we'll have bigger fish to fry later.

That's why I used it :v

Its use was more intended to get more people to listen though. You could technically lynch me tomorrow if you wanted to. But that doesn't stop me from hurting town or whoever started the vote. Getting rid of me doesn't protect you, working with me so I survive until the end does.

Okay, I'm awake, and I'll make two points, but I've still not had my caffeine.

1)  KY said just don't give him the dragonballs.  Any good collector scum role would have a way to TAKE the balls for himself.

2) I'm more than willing to reveal more about myself, but not my defenses.  Basically I have no powers other than my defense until I'm visited, at which point I take on one-shot versions of whoever visited me first (according to order of operations).  No, I do NOT change alignments if TP/scum visit me.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Orange, what exactly do you need to have your role activated? Do you need a visit from a night action, or are there other options?

Oh if only I woke up a minute sooner I could have ninja'd you.

It's apparently just night actions, or I could have gotten supercharge from Mojo, but I didn't.

Damn, that's a convincing role claim. I can see that as something I want to keep around.

Didn't you do something similar once? My inspiration was you. Or if you didn't, I imagined you doing something like that and stole the idea... which would have been stealing the idea from myself if you didn't actually do it.

I remember such a role being used before, but I don't remember who had it. Can't say my memory has been great about the games that have happened in the past couple years, though, as I had to be reminded that the role I submitted as a suggestion for this game was very close to one I had already done, so it wound up being heavily altered.

I would define meta as involuntary posting habits and styles that, if changed from the norm, is a strong indicator of a different alignment than expected. As a result, one's meta can only be read after they have a history of mafia game interactions. One of the core takeaways from playing mafia games consistently is learning how you act instinctively given different situations, and learning to be more aware of those instincts.

14 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

@Louis To me, your meta is acting innocent and being fairly passive. Which you're fitting into

Given past games Louis can pretend to be innocent when really being the baddie.  Not saying this is the case now, but just that the days of Louis getting a pass are long gone.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Given past games Louis can pretend to be innocent when really being the baddie.  Not saying this is the case now, but just that the days of Louis getting a pass are long gone.

Hahaha I mean I try to play the same way every game so no one can try and pick my tells.

Just now, Louis said:

Hahaha I mean I try to play the same way every game so no one can try and pick my tells.

I mean, good, that's exactly what you should do to be a good player, and it's why everyone always suspects me when I'm town, because I only have one game, not a town and scum game.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, good, that's exactly what you should do to be a good player, and it's why everyone always suspects me when I'm town, because I only have one game, not a town and scum game.

spy x family on Tumblr

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I'd disagree there, but if you want anything proven we'd have to square off in the next mafia game. Hopefully someone else will host one--I've been itching to play for a while.

I want to host one but I don't know where to start

1 minute ago, Louis said:

I want to host one but I don't know where to start

You should co-mod a game or two to learn what GMs need to do. I take tons of time during planning to talk to my co-mods about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You should co-mod a game or two to learn what GMs need to do. I take tons of time during planning to talk to my co-mods about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'd probably have time to co-mod and help you get started. That'd give Jeod and a few others their chance to pay together.

Would love the help and I would definitely want to do miss the next game