[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

My intentions haven't really changed since day start and my post then, even though we got off track, and I was/am entertaining Anon, but I'll actually put my money where my mouth is.

##Vote Killing_You

Are you really still on this idea that me and KY are scum buddies?

Just now, Retaliation said:

Are you really still on this idea that me and KY are scum buddies?

I've mostly dropped that line of thought, but I listed several other reasons.  Seriously, you must have missed a lot of the early morning posts.

I'll briefly reiterate.

1)  We really shouldn't have this many neutrals.

2)  I'd prefer to get ILTS but we can't get him, but getting KY is fine because of other reasons.

3)  His stated goal seems unrealistic which makes me suspicious.

4)  As Shade said, the dragonballs are probably more likely to help scum than town, so if this does remove them (we don't know) that'd be good.,

5)  KY could be a dragon ball collector, and need the balls himself.

Individually, each isn't strong, but taken together, there's a lot of weight here and not a lot of weight elsewhere.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

@OrangeP47 Why prefer me over KY?

I'm only going to make a single point for the moment, but you yourself have admitted to having an active role, with many different options at your disposal.  That's the antithesis of neutral.  Granted, you claim you did this on purpose to subvert expectations as to what a neutral can be, and if that's true, well then, I do salute you, but I think we're just not receptive to it, because I don't buy it and I don't think anyone else does.  That's just not how neutrals operate, and you claiming to behave this way could simply be "a likely story".  I mean, it's basically your Loki gambit (I know I've said that about a lot of things recently), and I got burned by that.  Fool me once, as they say...

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I've mostly dropped that line of thought, but I listed several other reasons.  Seriously, you must have missed a lot of the early morning posts.

I'll briefly reiterate.

1)  We really shouldn't have this many neutrals.

2)  I'd prefer to get ILTS but we can't get him, but getting KY is fine because of other reasons.

3)  His stated goal seems unrealistic which makes me suspicious.

4)  As Shade said, the dragonballs are probably more likely to help scum than town, so if this does remove them (we don't know) that'd be good.,

5)  KY could be a dragon ball collector, and need the balls himself.

Individually, each isn't strong, but taken together, there's a lot of weight here and not a lot of weight elsewhere.

I like how upfront he's been about his role compared to say Shade who's passed on every opportunity to claim neutral.

I don't think based on his KY's own words that he's telling the truth about his own role.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I like how upfront he's been about his role compared to say Shade who's passed on every opportunity to claim neutral.

Maybe because I'm not worried about dying...

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

TBH we could go Shade, if we REALLY wanted to... but a small part of me hopes he does have an ability and he uses it on me... but that's probably out the window since I explicitly asked for it...

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I just went through them. The weird part is I just went through them right after the themes were broken by whatever change they did, but behavior didn't change until today.

Yeah, it was fine until 20 minutes ago.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm only going to make a single point for the moment, but you yourself have admitted to having an active role, with many different options at your disposal.  That's the antithesis of neutral.  Granted, you claim you did this on purpose to subvert expectations as to what a neutral can be, and if that's true, well then, I do salute you, but I think we're just not receptive to it, because I don't buy it and I don't think anyone else does.  That's just not how neutrals operate, and you claiming to behave this way could simply be "a likely story".  I mean, it's basically your Loki gambit (I know I've said that about a lot of things recently), and I got burned by that.  Fool me once, as they say...

Yeah, guess I can't really do much to persuade anyone right now except die, flip, and use my "nuclear" deterrence on somebody (one of the very first flavors I thought of for this was "player-led HoI4 Switzerland"). That being said, I still want to survive to the end and win.

Somebody track me, investigate me, whatever. But I'm not going to reveal more about my role unless I feel I the need to (Shade demanding it is not a need). If anyone has any delusions of starting a lynch on me D3 or any other day, go ahead and try me. I'll still mess with whoever is responsible for my demise. Should anyone try to kill me and fail, I will still lash out at who I believe is responsible.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Yeah, guess I can't really do much to persuade anyone right now except die, flip, and use my "nuclear" deterrence on somebody (one of the very first flavors I thought of for this was "player-led HoI4 Switzerland"). That being said, I still want to survive to the end and win.

Somebody track me, investigate me, whatever. But I'm not going to reveal more about my role unless I feel I the need to (Shade demanding it is not a need). If anyone has any delusions of starting a lynch on me D3 or any other day, go ahead and try me. I'll still mess with whoever is responsible for my demise. Should anyone try to kill me and fail, I will still lash out at who I believe is responsible.

With a rusty butterknife!

Since we'll probably need some cooperation, Cat 5, I'm receptive to switching to Shade, if that's the direction you want to go, since he's clearly not town too.  He's just been making good points, in general, and about KY specifically, so that's why I'm on the same train as him.  I'm not actually aligned with him.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, reading your argument and thinking on it more, I'm less against the KY train. I think most of my reason for trusting him previously was the reactions from the people who have the items.

I mean the people who have the dragon balls are clearly going to be selfish and want to make a wish, that's just human nature!  Even if they're town we shouldn't necessarily trust their judgement!

20 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean the people who have the dragon balls are clearly going to be selfish and want to make a wish, that's just human nature!  Even if they're town we shouldn't necessarily trust their judgement!

To be frank, it's unlikely that we'll have enough goodwill between all of the dragon ball holders that they'd let them be gathered together anyways.

Just now, Shade939 said:

To be frank, it's unlikely that we'll have enough goodwill between all of the dragon ball holders that they'd let them be gathered together anyways.

Non-scum coordinating, which would have to be done publicly, to bring them together, just increases the chances one, or more, dragonball will get stolen, too.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Each time I visit there's just way too much content for me to catch up properly. However, Louis' post struck me as more suspicious than the rest. Call it meta.

##vote Louis

I'd say KY's role claim logically can't exist in a game, and even if it does it's going to result with him siding with Mafia.