[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

You're way more fixated on this alternative than necessary, in my opinion. Right now logically the best case is on FRAYDO, but my emotions go out to the innocent boy that's crying out for mercy inside, even if that innocent boy isn't real. For now my vote is with the logical side rather than the emotional side.

Choosing the "emotional" side means choosing an alternative theory. Maybe not a specific one, but it does mean that you are rejecting the one that has been laid out.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Choosing the "emotional" side means choosing an alternative theory. Maybe not a specific one, but it does mean that you are rejecting the one that has been laid out.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhatKindOfLamePowerIsHeartAnyway

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

That said, because I simply can't resist talking about Fire Emblem, got my first C level support with someone this morning, Linhardt of all people.  Was not expecting that.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That said, because I simply can't resist talking about Fire Emblem, got my first C level support with someone this morning, Linhardt of all people.  Was not expecting that.

Keep it up. To get character development you have to *gasp* talk to people!

Just now, Retaliation said:

My alternative theory is that scum did hit some kind of NK immune TP and the reason FRAYDO seems so innocent is because he's scum getting screwed by coincidence.

Possible... but requires more assumptions than our current path, but also doesn't really matter because it leads to the same place :v

Just now, Jeod said:

Keep it up. To get character development you have to *gasp* talk to people!

I mean I guess it makes sense.  I think it happened shortly after I invited him to a meal to get his motivation up.  He seems to be my medic, and I figured it'd be a Good Idea (TM) to train the medic a lot.

16 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Right now logically the best case is on FRAYDO, but my emotions go out to the innocent boy that's crying out for mercy inside, even if that innocent boy isn't real. For now my vote is with the logical side rather than the emotional side.

I would feel bad manipulating you through an emotional argument. I would tell you to follow your logical side.

17 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

You're way more fixated on this alternative than necessary, in my opinion.

I would also look more at Cat 5 after today if you think these are some scummy vibes.

19 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

As much as I don't want to agree with KY, it also doesn't sit right with me how unanimous this train is. I mean, Mojo could be the alternative, or Anon_Kat, or KY, I guess? The fraydo-was-blocked-and-is-scum theory still relies on the idea that he also has a partner. How strong is the theory anyway, when "I don't know" can work as a good alternative? I've been burned as a town player before as the perfectly logical lynch choice due to unfortunate circumstances. I'll be happy if he's lynched as a spy, but I would not be totally okay with it if he was lynched as town and I didn't bring all this up beforehand.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

As much as I don't want to agree with KY, it also doesn't sit right with me how unanimous this train is. I mean, Mojo could be the alternative, or Anon_Kat, or KY, I guess? The fraydo-was-blocked-and-is-scum theory still relies on the idea that he also has a partner. How strong is the theory anyway, when "I don't know" can work as a good alternative? I've been burned as a town player before as the perfectly logical lynch choice due to unfortunate circumstances. I'll be happy if he's lynched as a spy, but I would not be totally okay with it if he was lynched as town and I didn't bring all this up beforehand.

I mean, there's an extensive list of other people who are also probably baddies, but that doesn't make the case on FRAYDO any less strong nessiarily.

I mean, there's an extensive list of other people who are also probably baddies, but that doesn't make the case on FRAYDO any less strong nessiarily.

There is a 0% chance the game is over if we kill scum!FRAYDO here.  But it's a start.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

There is a 0% chance the game is over if we kill scum!FRAYDO here.  But it's a start.

Even so, it's a good exercise when narrowing in the first baddie to seek valid scum partners. It can help with narrowing in the first baddie.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Even so, it's a good exercise when narrowing in the first baddie to seek valid scum partners. It can help with narrowing in the first baddie.

Point, but I feel as if we have too little evidence to really draw any conclusions until we resolve FRAYDO.  At that time, we're able to look at others interactions with him in a new light and perhaps parse if they are scum or town.  Until that point, convincing arguments for either way can be made and we're just talking to hear the sound of our own voice (as much as I like that).

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Point, but I feel as if we have too little evidence to really draw any conclusions until we resolve FRAYDO.  At that time, we're able to look at others interactions with him in a new light and perhaps parse if they are scum or town.  Until that point, convincing arguments for either way can be made and we're just talking to hear the sound of our own voice (as much as I like that).

That's a fair point, and it's not like we're at MYLO.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Or, on the flipside, if FRAYDO really is town, the ones making the noise about him being town might be the ones who know that he is.

That's kinda what I meant by "convincing arguments can be made either way".  You can literally make any argument you, if you try hard enough, so it's really pointless to try to do so before we even are done with Step 1.

That's kinda what I meant by "convincing arguments can be made either way".  You can literally make any argument you, if you try hard enough, so it's really pointless to try to do so before we even are done with Step 1.

*you can literally make any argument you want

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Or, on the flipside, if FRAYDO really is town, the ones making the noise about him being town might be the ones who know that he is.

I think comparing the resistance to voting Louis vs FRAYDO is going to be instructive later on. I feel you and I were more concrete about why Louis was probably a building vs scum. For FRAYDO we're seeing a lot of "he sounds so innocent" which isn't all that productive.

Right, which is why FRAYDO is right that with the position he is in, he's the default lynch regardless of which alignment he actually is. We can't start knocking the logic dominoes down until we get a flip from somewhere. Unless you want to start with Louis's lynch, I suppose.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I think comparing the resistance to voting Louis vs FRAYDO is going to be instructive later on. I feel you and I were more concrete about why Louis was probably a building vs scum. For FRAYDO we're seeing a lot of "he sounds so innocent" which isn't all that productive.

We're way too in sync again.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Right, which is why FRAYDO is right that with the position he is in, he's the default lynch regardless of which alignment he actually is. We can't start knocking the logic dominoes down until we get a flip from somewhere. Unless you want to start with Louis's lynch, I suppose.

We have too many people either trying to put the cart before the horse, or keep the cart in the stable entirely, to use one of my patented farm metaphors.

27 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

If FRAYDO is scum mojo and KY are on the top of my list for possible partners.

And if FRAYDO is not scum, that could be the team. However, KY sympathized with me and voted No Lynch. I’m not sure he would out himself that easily.

I will flip Conscript so we should look forward going with that result.