[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

My gut read is Irish is scum. I think a lot of he inconsistencies from Jeod are because he was trying to figure out how to play around his scum buddy being jailed.

Then we had a bus driver and things got wierd.

Also there is a world I'm jail immune and just failed to kill Louis.

5 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

My gut read is Irish is scum. I think a lot of he inconsistencies from Jeod are because he was trying to figure out how to play around his scum buddy being jailed.

This is kind of my gut read as well, but with Cat5 as a possible alternative.

At the end of the day when he was on the chopping block, Jeod expressed frustration with the inactive players here, and it's possible he was actually speaking less about the town inactives and more about a scum buddy who was inactive, so Jeod got frustrated with pulling all the weight. Now that Jeod is gone, notice that there is more activity from Irish.

This line of reasoning would indicate Irish didn't investigate me, and leave him free to make an attempt on Louis' life.

So, looking at Jeod's role he's set up where he has several items he can activate to directly counter Town roles in game, this is because we know how items work, and we know what a one time passive ability would have to be used to do.

And the Hunter Killer would have been the item set up to directly get around Louis's roleblock.

Which then leaves the Technology Scrambler, and the only remaining Town role it should counter, which sounds like Irish instead of Category 5's ability?

19 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

What if Jeod was blocked because he tried to pass an item to Irish? Has this been considered?

I believe the answer lies in what ability Category 5 used on Irish.

That would shatter that entire mystery, yet he's refused to even share or hint at what that ability is, and all of our information about it has come from second handed sources, one of which was Scum.

20 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I figured it was pretty obvious.

You indicated at the start of the day that you used an item on me, and also said I was cleared as town (without claiming a separate ability). It's easy to infer a link between the item and the investigative result, being that you used them both on the same person and only directly claimed the item rather than a full ability.

14 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why don't you tell me what they are, then?

14 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I told you earlier about the Hunter Seeker Drones, they're literally assassination drones. I would assume they would bypass a role block, as you could use it while in jail.

I have re-read through the thread and checked Ctrl+F "hunter" on each page. You have never told anyone earlier here about Hunter Seeker Drones.

On 4/25/2022 at 11:10 AM, Shade939 said:

And I'll make a quick reference to assassin drones about the size of a bee being a thing, and possibly cloning technology.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I have re-read through the thread and checked Ctrl+F "hunter" on each page. You have never told anyone earlier here about Hunter Seeker Drones.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

You indicated at the start of the day that you used an item on me, and also said I was cleared as town (without claiming a separate ability). It's easy to infer a link between the item and the investigative result, being that you used them both on the same person and only directly claimed the item rather than a full ability.

Before this, Shade. How are you certain vanilla town can't have items?

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Before this, Shade. How are you certain vanilla town can't have items?

Because I didn't have any items, and I'm a vanilla town role. Therefore I should know what other vanilla town roles have to work with in game.

I'm assuming that the GM didn't make me the only role in game without any items or abilities after all.

Okay, that's not what I expected. I had to use them on the same person because the item wouldn't let me target anyone with it, just to activate it as I visited. Otherwise I would've picked you and Retal. Passing it to a vanilla player would've made it useless. I was pretty confident that we aren't able to target players with items and that's why Shade was saying vanilla town can't have items. I expected it to say so in all vanilla PM's with Shade's certainty of the statement and nobody debating it and since there's no point in them having an item like mine.

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Okay, that's not what I expected. I had to use them on the same person because the item wouldn't let me target anyone with it, just to activate it as I visited. Otherwise I would've picked you and Retal. Passing it to a vanilla player would've made it useless. I was pretty confident that we aren't able to target players with items and that's why Shade was saying vanilla town can't have items. I expected it to say so in all vanilla PM's with Shade's certainty of the statement and nobody debating it and since there's no point in them having an item like mine.

Agh, ok, you're referencing when I fist told everyone that we had vanilla roles in game with no items or abilities, so if they could do anything at all, that basically made them a power role in this setup, which meant they should play around that fact accordingly.

Oh and full claim, I'm an ability cop which works pretty well as a standard cop in a game with 3 to 4 vanilla town. I could easily see how this could be used against me tho as it's a popular scum role but I'm the only investigative role, aside from potentally Cat5.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Oh and full claim, I'm an ability cop which works pretty well as a standard cop in a game with 3 to 4 vanilla town. I could easily see how this could be used against me tho as it's a popular scum role but I'm the only investigative role, aside from potentally Cat5.

Except for Jeod, who only had items to rely on so he wouldn't show up as having an ability.

I'm confident in claiming that the Drone would be a way to bypass a roleblock.

So perhaps, the technology scrambler would have worked against any item another player was using then, so it could be used against Louis or Irish then?

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

My main wonder would be the item you had and the item Jeod had, since I would think they'd counter each other, despite being one shot passive for both of you?

It says I check their roster for any skills, if any. So probably NK too

20 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Louis is a rarity as is, doubt I'd be lucky enough to find someone else like her so idk about recruiting.

Well I wasn't jailed last night. I visited ChopBam and can confirm he's town so Retaliation must be scum. Probably should've picked Retal in hindsight but it works. From my PM, it sounds like I left you my item but I'm not sure as it was a one time use. I wonder what prevented the nk this time.

If you're an ability cop how can you be sure Chopbam is town?