[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

58 minutes ago, Jeod said:

One problem with that is I don’t have great skill to host epic games like verti does. And I also don’t think mafia is something people should use real-life PTO for.

Eh, I've considered it. But only so I could host a game, not just play in it. Using it for other things right now, though.

Yeah, we got screwed, or more screwed ourselves. Louis didn't actually stop a kill at all N1, we just didn't do one. It just so happened that she jailed Jeod.

Also I have no idea what you are talking about, Jeod. When I had told you to keep up the ignorance of the block, you had not yet explicitly admitted to it. You were still in the slow walk "maybe I was, I dunno. I attempted to pass, but I don't know if I did" stage. You admitted to it later.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I still don't put any faith in that test. I don't know what it's supposed to be about in the first place, but given the presumably psychological aspect of it (expecting scum to joke/provide sarcasm instead of being bluntly honest), I don't give it attention because of how easily it can be manipulated. This is something I actually did want to talk to Chop about at the time, but then Shade kept being himself.

Frankly I think the best time to put faith in that test is when you haven't played for a while. It worked. It worked on a game with iLTS relatively recently. It only works when people are caught off guard, though.

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

I'm all for anything that helps promote Mafia activity.

Actually, I had a thought! Who has dibs on the next Mafia game? We can plan for some content such as advertisements across our Discord and media if we can put together some appealing images to entice new players.

And for your sequel Dune game @ Killing_You , I would like to borrow your voice acting talent! Perhaps we can make a cinematic Mafia advertisement of your game! Reading off your plot like an epic storyline, as well as detailing the basics of Mafia and how to play, etc. Something akin to a game trailer but for Mafia, or even something like Verti's old videos.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Actually, I had a thought! Who has dibs on the next Mafia game? We can plan for some content such as advertisements across our Discord and media if we can put together some appealing images to entice new players.

And for your sequel Dune game @ Killing_You , I would like to borrow your voice acting talent! Perhaps we can make a cinematic Mafia advertisement of your game! Reading off your plot like an epic storyline, as well as detailing the basics of Mafia and how to play, etc. Something akin to a game trailer but for Mafia, or even something like Verti's old videos.

Thoughts?

That sounds absolutely fantastic! I'm down!

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Also great job, Shade, FRAYDO, Chopbam. As usual Shade gets it right using the wrong logic along the way. Still impressive, though.

And lucky as fuck, Louis. :P

Hey thanks!

I had fun this game. And there were definitely things you did which made me hesitate. You can pull off that pro investigator look quite well.

Regarding Shade's penalty, I don't really see what he did wrong. The only reason I didn't engage with his flavor requests was because I didn't know the lore, figured I couldn't just use my own role flavor, and it wouldn't be worth the time to research one because frankly whatever I put out wouldn't reduce the suspicion at all, just as it didn't with Jeod. It wouldn't prove anything. So I just stonewalled. If this were a C&C game or something we're all familiar with, asking for role flavor is pretty natural.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Regarding Shade's penalty, I don't really see what he did wrong. The only reason I didn't engage with his flavor requests was because I didn't know the lore, figured I couldn't just use my own role flavor, and it wouldn't be worth the time to research one because frankly whatever I put out wouldn't reduce the suspicion at all, just as it didn't with Jeod. It wouldn't prove anything. So I just stonewalled. If this were a C&C game or something we're all familiar with, asking for role flavor is pretty natural.

Here's an example of the rule they're referencing to, and how it can be used to entrap players, and you can't really do anything about it as a player.

If you're really a vanilla town role then what's the capitalized letter of the first word with a period after it in the role description?

Welcome! You are Vezol Chalamet, a Light Infantry aligned with House Atreides! As a Light Infantry, you may only offer your input during the Day Phase. You must use your detective skills to find and eliminate the Harkonnen agents!

Welcome! You are Rhys Ferguson, a Light Infantry aligned with House Atreides! As a Light Infantry, you may only offer your input during the Day Phase. You must use your detective skills to find and eliminate the Harkonnen agents!

As you can see from the roles I copied over, the only way to know the correct answer is to have access to the full PM itself, and by comparing themselves like this vanilla Town can actually hard clear each other.

Of course, the GM on the other hand can take steps to prevent this from occurring before the game begins in the first place, and it would only work out like this because every vanilla town player has nearly the exact same role description.

To be fair, it's also a really vague rule description, so I might be wrong on that account, but I'd believe that I've given a good example of what it's meant to apply to.

Which is about as much as I want to address it.

Actually never mind, looking at the dead chat here's a link they used for the description of the rule.

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Standard_mafia_rules

Encryption

For a short time on SA Mafia, it was popular to roleclaim via online encryption software, which would garble the post and make it incomprehensible. Then, after everyone has roleclaimed, everyone would reveal their "keys" which would unlock the roleclaim to the public. This typically was a breaking strategy against the mafia, since their roleclaims would either be falsified in some obvious way (a mafia getting the flavor wrong, or being counterclaimed by a townier player with the same role), or they wouldn't have a fakeclaim altogether (their claim is crude fake). Since it is so unfair to the mafia, encryption is now universally banned. Breadcrumbs can still be done, as can man-made algorithms, but to use an online encryption device is forbidden.

13 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

So, here's a thought. What if we just planned on doing one or two epic games a year? Schedule something months in advance and make it something people actually mark down on their calendars. I'd like to hop back in and join, just hasn't worked out lately with my schedule.

Hmm, this would be a fantastic idea.

6 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Hmm, this would be a fantastic idea.

Again, I personally don’t want to pressure anyone to use real-life PTO for a mafia game. But if there needs to be more notice before a game starts, I can work with that.

At the moment though I think nobody knows anyone’s schedules.

22 hours ago, Jeod said:

Again, I personally don’t want to pressure anyone to use real-life PTO for a mafia game. But if there needs to be more notice before a game starts, I can work with that.

At the moment though I think nobody knows anyone’s schedules.

I would never use PTO for mafia, I'm not that dedicated lol

But if I knew that sometime later in the year there'd be a game, I'd be able to keep that in mind and not make too many commitments. I'm at the point in life where I've only got time for one videogame at a time. :suicide:

36 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

But if I knew that sometime later in the year there'd be a game, I'd be able to keep that in mind and not make too many commitments. I'm at the point in life where I've only got time for one videogame at a time. :suicide:

You've got time for videogames? :v

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I assume since you missed this one that you still won’t be able to join the roulette game if it’s hosted asap? Like I said I don’t mind pushing back the start date for better planning.

9 hours ago, Jeod said:

I assume since you missed this one that you still won’t be able to join the roulette game if it’s hosted asap? Like I said I don’t mind pushing back the start date for better planning.

I'm pretty much booked solid on time for the next three weeks. After that I would have time.