Tiberian Sun: Reborn Patch 2.0.1 Feedback

ryknow69

Some things i like
- tons of interior overhauls, especially for the War Factory and GDI PP.
- bloom effect
- bike movement (but the speed should be abit tone'd down, so you don't loose control that often)
- sniper classes
- riot trooper shield
- ghost stalker railgun damage on buildings and vehicles
- grinding ability for the devil tongue
- chameleon spy knife, its so strong!

what i don't like:
- flight mode for banshees, orca fighters and bombers. its super wobbely and you crash all the time. i prefer using the orca fighter in vtol mode instead, so i don't crash.
orca fighter need a speed boost in flight mode, also flight mode should stabilize a aircraft with V like in APBs yak and mig. in APB flight mode is nearly perfection
- C4 = especially engineer C4 is way too strong. it blows up defenses with one shot. C4 should be balanced like in apb.
- mammoth MKII health and turning speed. its basically a walking practice target for artillery and get destroyed super quick. slow turning speed doesn't help either.
- gdi missle trooper - something doesn't feel right with him. i prefer an officer to fight Nod aircraft instead of using him
- jumpjet weapon - his gun feels so useless imo. way to less damage and the burst fire only makes it worse.
- harvesters have no horn!

- TS_Field
    - River is perfect for trapping Disruptor/GDI Vehicles.

Spoiler

Screenshot_23.webp.bd5d3d8a37940cd454818fe941445915.webp

- TS_Isles
    - Cliff mesh cannot be walked up

Spoiler

Screenshot_22.webp.9684e24359032cbc139d982b85b7c08d.webp

- TS_Cliffs
    - Missing textures on props

Spoiler

Screenshot_25.webp.a8e214b83dde6824413d516047a8c9aa.webp

- MSA
    - Nod Timed C4 are MSA invisible

Spoiler

Screenshot_29.webp.b7ef1e1de1314f6611b7a7e48cdcdb61.webp

Screenshot_30.webp.ef634cff696d3228d505329012f647ab.webp

- "Stolen" Vehicles do not have correct teamed marker

Spoiler

Screenshot_27.webp.95acd16c566ae9f6c7f085fa1fca96f0.webp

- Proxy C4
    - Mines in basement of barracks can be cleared by (artillery) splash. Perhaps make them resistant or immune to splash damage?

Overall the patch included good tweaks/additions. Tanks feel more like tanks now and the EMP Tank has a good balance now with decreasing rate of fire and more splash.

Things that can be discussed:

- Orca fighter still has only 1 round of missiles. Give them at keast 2.

- purchasable grenades are still quite weak

- jumpjet trooper deals not enough damage for its price

- TS_Dam still has fps issues (maybe hidden objects in the 3dsmax file cause them, I had such problems back then, when Ive constructed the map)

- TS_OmegaCity needs more height for proper flying battles (but make the areas on the cliffs no-go areas, so you cant basecamp on them)

- Nod early rushs are quite op. Maybe design the GDI AAPC to an early game unit.

6 hours ago, Timeaua said:

- TS_OmegaCity needs more height for proper flying battles (but make the areas on the cliffs no-go areas, so you cant basecamp on them)

@ Timeaua  We have plans to make the cliffs no-go areas, just didn't quite have time to add it for this patch. :) Making the flight area higher also is a good shout.

14 hours ago, ChopBam said:

@ Timeaua  We have plans to make the cliffs no-go areas, just didn't quite have time to add it for this patch. :) Making the flight area higher also is a good shout.

I would voice against raising the flight ceiling due to the fact that - currently - aa units won't be able to reach them if the ceiling will be any higher. So until the AA system has been introduced, keep it low. :v

On 9/10/2023 at 4:26 PM, cyberarm said:

- TS_Field
    - River is perfect for trapping Disruptor/GDI Vehicles.

Reveal hidden contents

Can you expand on this please? In what way? The screenshot and it being a trap is a bit too vague. Where in the river, and what about it's shape? 

2 hours ago, Nodlied said:

I would voice against raising the flight ceiling due to the fact that - currently - aa units won't be able to reach them if the ceiling will be any higher. So until the AA system has been introduced, keep it low. :v

ok this is a good argument.

One other thing which can be considered for change is the power plant. At the monent it disables only high tier turrets (sam sites, RPG turrets and oberlisk of light) when destroyed.

But some maps dont have any high tier turrets, but still have a PP (like Grandcanyon, Snow, Cliffs). I didnt like the renegade aproach of increasing the unit prices. But what about disabling all turrets. That would mean, that removing the PPs on TS_Cliffs should be taken into consideration as they serve no purpose there.

• 3 weeks later...