Tutorial Request Thread

OWA

Since launching W3D Hub, we've promised a wealth of content, including tutorials. we'd like to know what tutorials we should make first!

Let us know what you guys want to know about the W3D engine and we'll do our best to cover it in our upcoming content.

Just leave a request here and we'll put it on our list!

You guys are the best! Sharing your knowledge is very noble!!

I'm not sure if this is too much to ask, but here goes:

1. Modelling a building in 3ds and importing it into LE.

Including:

• The modelling process for Interiors & exteriors for a industrial-esque looking building.
  • MCT's & PT's
  • Also a brief run down of how you do the vehicle building animation. You know like on APB where it seems to create a vehicle by pulling all the parts together and then a nice shiny vehicle appears. Finding out how to integrate that into a building would be really interesting.
  • Just a basic process flow chart of steps briefly outlining a "best practise" for buildings.

I understand that this is a LOT of areas to cover, so i completely understand if this is far too much for one tutorial.

2. Level Edit navigation & "ins & outs" tutorial

It would be really nice to see a tutorial just run through exactly what everything in LE does and how to use it properly.

3. Vehicle implementation

I dont expect a tutorial on how to model vehicles, as i've actually found a few rigging tuts for RenX which i haven't had a chance to try yet, but it would be nice to get an idea how to actually implement them into LE. IE how to make them appear in your warfac once you've purchased them etc...

Even, if you only get a chance to do a tutorial for the bare minimum of what i've requested, it will be truly appreciated.

Edited by Shnappz

Another thought:

Following on from my texuring question in the other thread.

It would be nice to have a tutorial of next steps after you've unwrapped your model. Like the exact process of texturing the UVWMap in 3DS Max and how you export it properly, including the textured and unwrapped part of it?

I can probably do a tutorial in several parts that describes how to get vehicles into W3D from modelling to texturing to rigging etc.

We'll have to ask moonsense or someone with the knowhow to whip up a buildings one, but it's a good idea to start with the basic pillars of W3D ie. Infantry/Vehicles/Buildings. :)

I can probably do a tutorial in several parts that describes how to get vehicles into W3D from modelling to texturing to rigging etc.

We'll have to ask moonsense or someone with the knowhow to whip up a buildings one, but it's a good idea to start with the basic pillars of W3D ie. Infantry/Vehicles/Buildings. :)

I'll definitely help with the building and vehicle rigging, things to watch out for, etc. Character rigging is yours and don't forget what happens when you change material of the character mesh instead of the hitboxes :p

Really looking forward to seeing these guys.. I feel like these communities are missing a stable base of in depth tutorials. I think it'll get a lot of people involved who normally wouldn't bother!

That's our aim here! :)

I'll resurrect my old wwskin tutorial for tank tracks, I think it's still up to date with the latest techniques.

Not quite! Since the introduction of soft-skinning we'll have to make an "advanced tank tracks" tutorial. :p

Tbh there's quite a few mapping tutorials out there at the moment. That's one thing I did manage pretty much on my own from the content on the net. It would be nice to have one from the W3D staff though... And most of the ones I found are for GMAX and don't translate directly to 3ds, which was a pain for retards like me in the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...