[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

Voe, the thing about you that confuses me this round is that you are being selectively ignorant in pushing a case very strongly, while at the same time sounding genuinely interested in a pro-town result.

I'm not selectively ignorant. You're tripping on your own legs, post after post after post, and then you accuse me of ignorance.

CqyL2ZMWEAAni46.jpg

Voe, the thing about you that confuses me this round is that you are being selectively ignorant in pushing a case very strongly, while at the same time sounding genuinely interested in a pro-town result.

I'm not selectively ignorant. You're tripping on your own legs, post after post after post, and then you accuse me of ignorance.

Says the guy who is completely ignoring possible/likely scenarios because he has convinced himself of a particular thing. The only explanation that I can come up with for this behavior is that you are not town.

Of course, I better sit here "confused" and "unsure", never voicing a strong opinion, and let scum "think" whole day and then push an arbitrary lynch (eg on killing_you) 4 hours before hammer. Not a fat chance in hell I'm letting you win this game.

You see, I have proof for what I'm accusing you of. I bring it up again and again. You have nothing. All you do is question my every word, and never even bother trying to come up with something beneficial to town. Jeod at least is trying.

Of course, I better sit here "confused" and "unsure", never voicing a strong opinion, and let scum "think" whole day and then push an arbitrary lynch (eg on killing_you) 4 hours before hammer. Not a fat chance in hell I'm letting you win this game.

Town who don't visit at night should be unsure because there are multiple possibilities. Scum are the sure ones. So tell me, are you sure?

You see, I have proof for what I'm accusing you of. I bring it up again and again. You have nothing. All you do is question my every word, and never even bother trying to come up with something beneficial to town. Jeod at least is trying.

If this proof was in the post that I so easily rebutted before, Alstar better have a good reason to be bandwagoning with you, because he doesn't want us to give him discounts for being new.

P.S. ChopBam: if you're of the mind that Voe is our serial killer, then hardclaiming would be beneficial. If there's a counterclaim, then we Have a scum in you and the cc, and we can lynch Voe to save us in MYLO. If there isn't, then town has no reason to vote you.

FINALLY! I was waiting for this!

Scum rhethoric confirmed.

The Fraydo+ChopBam+Jeod triangle. Day 1 chopbam says he believes Jeod is town. Day 2 chopbam "confirms" Jeod is town. Jeod seems "unclear" about chopbam, now he "believes" he is the cop.

Fraydo, suspicious since the beginning, comes out and makes the case of Chaos+ChopBam scum team, voting on Chaos. Remember, 1 town lynch is what they need to win. Knowing this, I asked whether he wouldn't prefer to vote chopbam first (i mean, what's the difference if both are scum, right?). Fraydo got defensive and asked me to make a case on ChopBam if that is the case, ignoring everything that has been said this whole game.

That trio has not said a bad word about one another, aside from the Fray-Bam argument which dissolved immediately after a swift Choppy rebuttal.

But now, watch this - implying I'm the serial killer:

We're at 8 players, 4 town, 1 sk, 3 scum. Serial Killer lynch today will result in a 4/3 ratio, plus a nightkill, 3/3 scum victory next day. This is what I was waiting for. The reason I didn't adress the elephant in the room even once today: Scum finding the scapegoat Serial Killer as a lynch substitute, winning the game right here, right now.

Now, watch the vote avalanche.

I was springing this trap whole day. You walked right into it.

P.S. ChopBam: if you're of the mind that Voe is our serial killer, then hardclaiming would be beneficial. If there's a counterclaim, then we Have a scum in you and the cc, and we can lynch Voe to save us in MYLO. If there isn't, then town has no reason to vote you.

While something in him seems town-like to me, there's a lot of merit to your postulation that he is the serial killer. At first I thought Voe was being publicly suspicious of me to throw scum off my scent and to possibly even save my ass from a nightkill tonight, but the more he posts, the more it seems clear that he wants me gone.

Voe if you flip town, I swear... our loss will be your fault. In any event, I am very likely not to survive until D3 at this point. I've tried to come across and give you all my investigation results as softly as possible, but Voe made me do it. Yes, I investigated Jeod last night as the NKVD Spy and he turned up clean (unless he is a Godfather/Spy, as I stated the first time).

I see that I also had no reason to unvote.

##vote Voe

And Alstar gets a discount for being new.

When called out, a literal chaos ensued for the next half an hour, both you and Jeod making frantic excuses. "I'm bad at math", "I didn't notice", "You suddenly sound like town". Rubbish. The math was presented PAGES ago. Don't you even try blaming me for not reading posts.

##vote Alstar

Two scum factions. Voe and Alstar are one of them.

59436965.png

Serial Killer scape goat didn't work? Fine, invent a second scum.

So in the end, if you have no good reasons to go after me, I'll chalk it up to revenge posting for the last two games I was scum and outlasted you. To which I say:

I was rooting for you. Should i link the dead doc?

Holy mother of Byzantium! Things have been piling up since I left for internship!

If Nodlied is implying something should have happened to me last night, I received no PM today.

Well, that's interesting, as I'm pretty sure that people would get a PM based on my actions. Vanilla or not.

What if Jeod is the serial killer?

Well would you look at that, first you have a great hunch that he's town, even soft claiming cop, but then you ask yourself whether or not he's the serial killer? Are you uncertain of your (cop)sanity? Or do you just not know what Jeod actually is? Or are you trying to throw a tiny bit of suspicion onto Jeod to divert attention away? Thing is, I know Jeod is not one of the killers.

Cat5 was suspicious of ChopBam.

1) Cat5 went pretty hard on Verti D1, along with some others of us.

2) Cat5 only made posts during the joke phase because that was the only time he was alive.

I'm guessing you're referring to this post (reasoning which has already been responded to):

Cat5 didn't only make posts during the joke phase. It's hard to miss that essay of his that he posted long after the joke phase was over.

ChopBam doesn't want cops to come out.

And the fact you wanted them to come out and hardclaim immediately was telling to me that you wanted to know who the cops were so you could kill them.

Such an amazing accusation when perfectly good reasons were given for asking the cop to come out.

"Oh look, he's a new player, let's just simply ignore him"

You know, im slightly tired of this. First that hang on me for no lynch (which WAS the right thing to do but sadly vertigo decided its better to flip), now this. How about you all stop giving me the benefit of doubt just because im new?

Im still waiting for what Nodlied have to say. From this depends how correct Voe's theory is.

Uh, you know I also voted no lynch too, right? For some reason the vets are all very secretive about why it's so bad.

ChopBam has been fensesitting, called out a VERTi60 town lynch, tried to slow down the lynch, been told something (potentially in a scum doc over the past two days, and thinks Jeod should be investigated. If both Jeod and VERTi60 are town, this could be a scum ChopBam POV.

And voting no lynch to boot.

ChopBam wanted and still softly supports nolynch.

And this is bad because..?

And lastly, he catches every chance of a bandwagon.

Not so. My continued, unanswered questions on why no lynching is bad, in the face of all opposition from the vets, does not seem like a bandwagon to me. Your confusing behavior is making me flip flop on you, and that's it.

FINALLY!!!

Although, what good info did we get from Verti flipping? And in the end it only brought us closer to MYLO.

The thing is, this is no ''finally''. This has been explained every game so far. No really, people (and I) explain this every game.

which seems pretty soft. If there was even possibility of LYLO, shouldn't the GM have said so in the day opening post, rather than a mere "mislynch could result in a scum win"?

A) We lynch town. Scum kills another town and SK does the same. Scum wins due to 3:1:2

B) We lynch town. Scum kills another town and SK kills one of scum. Its 2:1:2 and we are in LYLO.

C) We lynch SK. Scum kills town and its 3:3 - which results in scum winning (still not sure how draws are solved)

D) We lynch scum. Remeaning scum and SK kill 2 town. Situation like in B).

E) We lynch scum. Scum kills town and SK kills one of scummates. Its 1:1:3 which may result in town victory (best case scenario).

And last versions which im not sure if it would be true due to unknown information about SK nightkill immunity. However if he doesnt have it then

F) We lynch scum. Scum and SK attack each other, leaving it at 4:1 for town. Better scenario than E.

G) We lynch scum. Scum kills SK who kills town. It's 4:2 for town. Good position.

But if he does, then

H) We lynch scum. Scum attacks SK who attacks town. 3:1:2 for town.

I) We lynch scum. Scum attacks SK who takes revenge on them. 4:1:1 for town.

Did i miss something?

Yes you did. The point where we lynch whoever and there is no night-kill.

Have something to say for yourself, Choppy? I'll give you some time while I look through the entire Fraydo thing.

:golfclap:

Glad it's not just me who notices the hypocrisy.

ChopBam left the thread. Unexpected variable. Gotta consult the scum doc.

What's your next step? 

I'm calling it, Alstar, Nodlied and Voe mafia

Nodlied, so you're a tracker? Well that kinda confirms me. ChopBam was questioning his result because the wiki says the serial killer can be reported as a vanilla town. He's also pretty piss-poor at defending himself well, and has been having to constantly turn his attention to Voe's assault today.

If there are two mafia factions in the game, then it explains why there is a doctor, a cop, and a tracker. Two nightkills per night does require balance--and unfortunately, if it's true, then town is screwed unless mafia kill each other tonight.

Check out how Voe flipped when I voted Alstar. I strongly suspect they're a scumteam. This is Alstar's first game after all, but I think Voe led the nightkill charge against Cat5 out of fear and has been giving Alstar talking points in the scumdoc.

We'll, considering that we're almost out of time, I'll make my Fraydo post smaller (and with less hassle about fixing quotes).

Fraydo has made a very flimsy post on Chaos_Knight with very flimsy arguments while fencesitting like a disabled person at a rugby match.

Regardless, that does not go up against what I've seen from Choppy: slips, playing dumb, going against his own claims, not spreading info that's simply not true, etc.
You have until five minutes before hammer.

Nodlied, so you're a tracker? Well that kinda confirms me. ChopBam was questioning his result because the wiki says the serial killer can be reported as a vanilla town. He's also pretty piss-poor at defending himself well, and has been having to constantly turn his attention to Voe's assault today.

You accuse me of telling Alstar what to say, while defending ChopBam while he goes absent from the thread when cornered?

Really, Jeod?

Check out how Voe flipped when I voted Alstar. I strongly suspect they're a scumteam. This is Alstar's first game after all, but I think Voe led the nightkill charge against Cat5 out of fear and has been giving Alstar talking points in the scumdoc.

You voted alstar because you're scared to vote me. You're scared because you know I make good points and someone may take my side. Alstar is the easy way out.

Scum needs the easy way out, when the game result depends on this lynch.

I voted Alstar because I don't think you're a threat yet. Maybe you can't kill. Who knows. But the mere fact that you, Nodlied, and Alstar are all going against ChopBam signals to me that he isn't scum, because at least one of you is.

If there are two mafia factions in the game, then it explains why there is a doctor, a cop, and a tracker. Two nightkills per night does require balance--and unfortunately, if it's true, then town is screwed unless mafia kill each other tonight.

I'm not a tracker, Mr. Fisherman. I'm a roleblocker. That's why was questioning you about what I did to you, and the fact that you claim that you didn't receive a PM is causing concern. No matter if you're able to do something or not, you should at least have had an idea as to what happened. I have only confirmed you as a non-killer, at least for night one.

Also, as I said, we may not be screwed with a potential dual murder again tonight, should we lynch a third party serial killer, there are chances that there are no kills at all. We have two kills each night, and two (different) protection roles. The doctor is dead, I'm still able to protect. As for Voe, I don't think he's scum. Third party? Maybe, but unlikely. I'm know Voe very well and I'm able to predict his future actions based on his current and past actions. I'm also pretty good at determining whether or not he's a hostile based on night results and his behaviour.

So, you continiously defend ChopBam, try to divert the track from him to Voe, and now you simply call 3rd scum team to be me and Voe?

MOaBLi1.gif

You sir are getting trully desperate. If it's another bait to make me roleclaim (which i never did), then come try me. im not doing that. If ChopBam is a scum, then you are next on the line - if events take good winds.

Unstoppable kill ignores bulletproof, not roleblock iirc.

"Get Loaded -- You can choose to do a single kill at night which is completely unstoppable, by way of roleblocking, rolestopping, or healing. You can only do this once. This replaces the normal nightkill."

Also Nodlied, scum may have unstoppable kill opportunity, which cannot be blocked.

Unstoppable kill ignores bulletproof, not roleblock iirc.

"Get Loaded -- You can choose to do a single kill at night which is completely unstoppable, by way of roleblocking, rolestopping, or healing. You can only do this once. This replaces the normal nightkill."

Welp. Well, I'm willing to make the claim that scum doesn't have such a role with a second killer in play.

ChopBam left the thread. Unexpected variable. Gotta consult the scum doc.

Seeing as you've already made all the conclusions about this game yourself, oh mighty, investigative, 100% sure townsperson who doesn't visit anybody at night, are you so sure I didn't just run out to lunch with my wife who came to the office for a surprise visit after she got off work early at her gym job? I'd show you the text but it's probably not allowed. Everyone else: Please note how Voe jumps on and twists the vaguest of circumstances to suit the [completely ludicrous] scenario he's completely convinced himself of.

Sorry Jeod, I've had no choice but to defend myself. You can call it piss-poor all you want, but correct me later on how I could have better responded.

Nodlied, how as a cop can I be 100% sure that a town investigation result is valid? Hmmm? The fact that third party and spies may show up as town is consistent with the rolesheet and consistent with how I've been responding.

I felt SOFT claiming was important so smart players like Jeod could figure it out (read: he did), but Voe kept pushing for a hard claim. I already said this before. Why do cops need to straight-out hardclaim immediately? It will make them a nightkill target. I made this clear.

If you honestly try to convince us that softclaim would save your life over a hardclaim, I invoke the case of mojoman where he made 2 small notions, one about being important, and second about whether doctor can confirm roles, and get rekt. Do you really buy what you;re saying?

I wanted a hardclaim because it would give me a post to quote if it came out to be wrong. Something you must be terrified of, looking how badly you're protecting yourself.