[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

More revenge voting, Voe? Cat5 was suspicious of my tunnel on Verti, sure, but he didn't scumread me. I also did not vote Verti and didn't want him lynched, if you recall. Sorry that being at work limits the content of my posts.

So, Jeod, got any notes you wanted to share? Cat5 never posted his but I'd love to see at least yours looking how we are about to damn die it seems.

D1 had near 2h in hammer. D2 is MYLO. Seriously da hell is this carp? D:

We're not about to die.

We lynch scum today.

Ouch, that was rough.

If you are a cop this round, don't be so quick to roleclaim as Voe is asking you to do. The scum targeted Mojoman who all but claimed PR yesterday, and was nightkilled ASAP. A cop roleclaim at this point would be suicide for the evening. Our doctor is dead, so the cop can't be saved.

Up until this point, I've been townreading Voe. But today I'm not so sure. A vote against Jeod seems like a revenge vote, and the fact he wants a cop to come out and declare his findings, right after the doctor died following a soft roleclaim, doesn't sit right with me.

Additionally, if any town cops found anything, it is now time to share.

I'm not 100% sold on this, but no other leads right now. The scum went after Mojoman, who softclaimed PR, and Cat5, who is excellent at analysis.
##vote Voe

This game looks dangerous for the Soviets.

Right now I am reading Jeod as town. The near hammer yesterday was probably coincidence tied with his go-get-em personality. And no, we're not on a scumteam together.

If you are a cop this round, don't be so quick to roleclaim as Voe is asking you to do. The scum targeted Mojoman who all but claimed PR yesterday, and was nightkilled ASAP. A cop roleclaim at this point would be suicide for the evening. Our doctor is dead, so the cop can't be saved.

Up until this point, I've been townreading Voe. But today I'm not so sure. A vote against Jeod seems like a revenge vote, and the fact he wants a cop to come out and declare his findings, right after the doctor died following a soft roleclaim, doesn't sit right with me.

The reason I'm calling a cop to come out on a successful find is because we're on a MYLO.

If someone found a scum, or a person visiting either cat5 or mojoman tonight, now is the time to claim. There will be no tomorrow if we do this wrong.

Good of you to clarify, Choppy, because during the mylo there is nothing stopping the scum to all go flat out against 1 person and get it overwith. And hey, is there an easier target than Voe?

The clarification is good enough for me, for now. I want to go off real data.

##unvote

Jeod, difference between vigilante and serial killer? Is the killer sided with the mafia team, and a vigilante on his own as 3P?

CVC - Cumulative Vote Count 

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 23 hour, 5 min

CVC:

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted for Jeod

1/8 votes casted so far

Jeod has the majority for a lynch

You're a wonderful couple, you two.

Almost like if you could read each others minds.

Well, we certainly have the ability to read each other's posts.

Right now I'm very curious about Nodlied and CK. Anything to say for yourselves? Anything to report from the night?

Choppy, Gencamo announced that we're at MYLO. So we're potentially boned if we myslynch today and both killers get their way (unless they kill one another, which would be hillarious).
Asking a the cop not to provide any info if he has any is counter productive. However, if he hasn't got anything, he should confirm a player.

Considering we're at MYLO, there's no reason to not bring the investigation result on the table, if the cop nailed scum, amazing, if he found town, now would be a good time to cross off a fellow townie. HOWEVER, we will need to keep questioning every possible claim, as we may just as well have a scum player claiming cop. 

At this point, we're going to need all the info we can potentially get. Yes, a massive turn around from the usual ''don't claim early in the game unless you have a good reason'', but considering GenCamo put us at Mylo, we will need everything we can get our hands on.

Well, we certainly have the ability to read each other's posts.

Right now I'm very curious about Nodlied and CK. Anything to say for yourselves? Anything to report from the night?

I do have something to report, but I'd rather let Jeod explain that one.

Also, announcement time: I'll be pretty much gone until Wednesday evening (a few hours before hammer). Internship calls and while I may find some time to chip in every now and then, I can't guarantee anything. In any case, don't screw up while I'm gone ohke?

Jeod keeping secrets again? Good stuff.

It's just like that one time when I flipped him and he pretended that nothing happened. I bet it's because he's dizzy again.

And don't even get me started on "im at work i can't post" crap. You have no issue making conversation with ChopBam with 2 minute intervals. You don't respond only to those posts you don't want to respond to.

Asking a the cop not to provide any info if he has any is counter productive. However, if he hasn't got anything, he should confirm a player.

If the Allies have a spy with a makeup kit, he'll show up as town to a cop, which would honestly bone the cop role. I hope this isn't the case, whoever that copper is.

That said, I'd like to reaffirm my super strong hunch that Jeod is town, and so we shouldn't vote for him.

So posting my journal will essentially be tantamount to a role claim. Is that cool?

Also, question for mod: is attaching a Word document okay? I mean, you can see file creation time and edit time and stuff. That sort of thing can possibly be OGI, so best to ask beforehand.

Find the parties responsible for these tragic deaths today Comrades!

How wonderful~

We have to deal with scum and third-party.

Announcement: MYLO IS IN EFFECT. A mislynch today could result in a scum win tomorrow!

HOW WONDERFUL~

Killing_You and Alstar have yet to respond. What are your thoughts?

HOLY SWEET SWEAT SOCKING SUCKING FROG HUMPING MOTHER SON OF A CHRISTMAS BITCH!!!

This is bad. This is VERY VERY bad. I'm going to reread the thread to try and see if there's critical scum slips I may have missed, because, well, this is seriously bad scheisse. (Also, fair warning, I'll likely be gone most of tomorrow, as I'm meeting up with an old friend.)

Find the parties responsible for these tragic deaths today Comrades!

How wonderful~

Announcement: MYLO IS IN EFFECT. A mislynch today could result in a scum win tomorrow!

HOW WONDERFUL~

Killing_You and Alstar have yet to respond. What are your thoughts?

You as well. You haven't posted any thoughts except to say that other people haven't posted theirs. I won't have time to reread the thread etc until tomorrow night, and I'm still waiting for mod confirmation on posting attachments. Until then, I'm withholding my vote.

My thoughts?

I was already disappointed Verti was lynched. And to wake up and find two more of us dead? The fact we're on MYLO D2 is disastrous, to say the least. We crusade against the wrong guy and game over.

I was interested to see what Category5's notes may have been, and doubly interested seeing as he turned up dead. Scum was too nervous to let him live obviously, and what we're left with his yours, Jeod. Should you be given the confirmation to share these notes via attachment, how are we to believe your notes are not just copy-pasted from the scum doc? You've mentioned file creation time and edit time-stamps, though a meticulous person can surely forge a believable document. If you are allowed the option to share, I'm not sure what information you'll provide is really of use. It could be a good read for us, or it could only sew more confusion among us. It's tense enough on MYLO as is. For all we know you could be painting targets on our backs and securing your win.

Verti was sure you'll be next to be lynched, and it might happen that way after all. Still, you're not receiving my vote here. I can't shake the feeling that voting you would be another mistake for town.

Yes fraydo, what do you think, aside from stating the obvious?

I'm re-reading the thread and of what I see, Cat5 was heavily implicating ChopBam for fence sitting and protecting Jeod on day1 for no good reason. Him jumping at me beginning day 2, calling out cops to not come out and claim as it's dangerous for them is 99% scum rhetoric.

I don't know if Jeod and Choppy make a scum team, but Jeod isn't getting defensive. I don't blame him, he has only one vote on him. I wouldn't blow cover over 1 vote, either.

I've mentioned during day 1 I assumed scum was a 2 player team. I am now leaning towards 3 players, them being Jeod, ChopBam and FRAYDO. I don't really see a reason to suspect anyone outside the list.

*i think there is more because otherwise mylo doesn't make sense.

It's not much use now. I haven't been able to write anything down since just before the end of Day 1. It's basically my thought process in tunneling Verti, nothing more.

Day One is usually a joke phase day where everyone dicks around and nobody takes them seriously. I like to make it the opposite. By pointing out the flavor in the previous Verti game, I created a serious discussion on the third party, which allowed myself and other town to scumhunt more accurately—and it paid off. In this game, I did it again by voting for Voe straight out of the gate.

By voting for Voe, the player who usually is always lynched or killed before Day Two begins, I’d hoped to prevent alarm bells from going off while also creating a scenario for players to react. Voe’s post here is the kind of information I was looking for. It wasn’t a reaction to me, but a reaction to Mojoman breaking the chain. This post is when I marked Voe as a possible Soviet Power Role (PR).

Verti asked me to explain my thought process, but of course you can’t just out and say “I think that guy’s a PRâ€. I had to bluff, so I thought up a weaker explanation—but one that I also believed to be true. The “spotlight rule†isn’t actually a term like “fencesittingâ€; I made it up. Scum generally like to stick to the shadows and only bring attention to themselves in two ways: when they’re confident in their townplay, or when they’re being targeted. Mojoman went out of the norm by voting someone other than Voe. As the third player to make a post, he allowed other players who hadn’t entered the game yet to examine him. Simply put, he stood out from the crowd. That’s what made me think he could be town.

Verti is trickier and at the moment (10:19AM GMT-5) I don’t have a solid read on him. I bluffed my way through his callout. When Verti said KY was scummy by doing the vote/unvote post, I disagreed with him on purpose. He’s a confident player, and one of the best ways to shake confidence (especially when a player is scum) is to confront them and disagree. If they’re a town player, there will be a reaction leaning towards reinforcing their read. If they’re a scum player, there will be a reaction leaning towards backing off or saying their read isn’t solid.

Verti’s reaction was to first ignore my line (he reacted only to the second line about the spotlight rule), but then he directly asked KY to speak more. Since my read on Verti isn’t 100% certain, I’ll keep an eye on him. This looks like a ploy to get KY to say something scummy to he can pounce. He even brought up the keyword “observation contentâ€â€”I know KY is focusing on that since in the previous game fencesitting was explained to him. A plot to trigger KY into saying something Verti can twist?

CK joins the fray, as well as FRAYDO. Verti’s counter-vote to CK looks fun. Will keep an eye on it. FRAYDO made an obvious jokevote to RNGesus. Maybe a reaction to what his PM said, but more likely an empty jokevote.

L0L Generalcamo, you sly dog.

Killing You going for Verti is a plus. With his tunnel vision he’s a unique player, and Verti knows just how to trigger him. I still think Verti is trying to figure out if KY is hard-focused on not fencesitting this game. If it’s true, then Verti could be looking for a good opening to make KY the lynch target.

I was right, Verti was looking to trigger KY! Let’s see how this plays out…ok, I called Verti out for the triggering. Have to confirm it’s what his plan was. Looking for reaction…

Ok, not a good reaction. I’ll have to poke him more.

Consider yourself poked, Verti. You say you’re trying to get a discussion going—on Day One with few players posting—but I believe your goal is to find something to use for a wagon-starter. And I just called you out on it.

ChopBam has ignored Verti in his first analysis post even though Verti is in the spotlight. Interesting…

Verti applauds ChopBam for a “good opening postâ€â€¦it’s hard to tell but I wonder if Verti is trying to act as a mentor this game.  He’s pretty scummy actually. Trying to be the good guy mentor but is afraid to die soon with only two votes on him.

The poking continues. And he continues to play at the ‘journal = scumdoc’ thing.

It’ll be a good thing if Verti is lynched today. A lot of us do scumread him even if he doesn’t have a lot of votes on him, and a power role could investigate someone else tonight. It’d be a waste if Verti was copped tonight and confirmed as scum when we all suspected it anyway.

If Verti flips town, then ChopBam is in my sights and should be investigated tonight. He seems to ‘know’ that Verti is town and is suggesting D2’s lynch before any night actions give us information.

Oh, maybe no early hammer after all. Still, it did manage to put Choppy on my radar.

Have to be careful not to ignore anyone who jumped on the Verti lynch train too: ChopBam, Verti, and KY.

ChopBam definitely understands my approach to his statement, but I’m wary of his “warming up†to me.

“Clearing me would do the opposite actually. It would force a doctor to always be on me instead of having the possibility of catching scum in the act.â€

^That’s bait right there and ChopBam fell right into it. I want to seem like a PR so scum waste a nightkill on me and let a real PR live. If a doctor thinks I’m a PR as well, then they’ll save me and clear me while also allowing a cop to investigate someone else.

He subtly called me out as a possible PR. Time to watch the reactions.

Ok, Verti thinks me and Choppy need to be cleared. Choppy seems like a PR and Verti seems to have picked up on it. If ChopBam dies tonight, I’m going to point the finger at Verti.

With this, Verti is either trying to set a trap for scum or set a trap for me. Most likely a trap for me since he currently scumreads me.

What’s his ploy, saying he can’t be cop checked? A hidden role not on the sheet? Well, with that little post, I outed that I am a role on the sheet. Shoot.

Verti might as well claim. This could be a ploy to get us to back off of him, but literally everything he’s said and done is scummy. I think he’d be more cautious as a scum player.

Verti saying he has a chance to die during the night points to the weak role modifier.

And he’s threatening suicide. What the flippity flop is going on here? Need to wait for more posts…

Okay he’s pissing me off. I’m just going to tell him to go for it. A good player never yields even if his role has no power. The power is in the scumhunting.

He’s described himself as weak and powerless. If I were a scum role I’d have absolutely no reason to keep charging at him like this. Perhaps it’s his ploy, to get a better read on me.

I think I’ve got Verti’s role down as a Hider. Mojoman’s made an interesting post here, and Voe’s already called him out on it. I still think Verti’s bluffing, even though it’s more likely he isn’t, but scum wouldn’t have any need to lynch Verti if they thought he was a Hider. If something else comes up, I’ll go for Mojoman.

Grr, I just can’t tell if Verti is legit or faking it. He’s too good to play this way as town. FRAYDO’s weird for jumping at the opportunity to pick out a single line from KY about my journal. I’ll respond with a simple screenshot of my desktop. Nobody knows what’s inside the word doc, so it can’t influence the game, and thus I shouldn’t be modkilled for it. For all they know I just made a blank word doc on my laptop to counter a post.

If they get angry over it, they’ll call me out on OGI (out of game influence), which will ultimately be a trap.

Alrighty, no harm done and I’m satisfied with Verti. I hope Verti didn’t just out that he thinks Voe is a doctor, although that would explain why Voe openly suggested Verti could be a doctor—searching for a counterclaim. I don’t see why Verti suspects KY, but I’ve been tunneling him the whole game and so my focus isn’t quite as clear. I have work today too, so I’ll miss hammertime.

So Voe. I've effectively claimed rifle soldier by showing those notes. Since you're so eager to act as a leader today, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?

Yay a wall of text.

Now a bit of contribution of mine.
MYLO is a very bad sign (obviously, duh) but it also gives us some information thankfully. Namely it's fairly obvious that for 8 players to be at MYLO we must have 3pl scum team.
So with that in mind we have several possibilities:
1. 3pl scum + SK. Worst case but kinda implied by the meta of "DATA MISSING" role which apparently wasn't Vert.
1.a. Assuming ChopBam doesn't straight up lie about his soft cop claim, we could theoretically cross him and Jeod out from the suspect list. Then we are left with 6 people being potential scum:
Chaos_Knight - aka me.
ChopBam 
FRAYDO - as some people say, beware the quiet ones. He also seems to assume that the 2nd kill was done by a TP even though town has 2 PRs who can do that also.

Alstar - another quiet one who also happened to unvote in the last minutes of D1 to ensure Vert's lynch. Cat5 ninja vote notwithstanding.
Jeod 
Killing You - [TRIGGERED] on D1. Behaves erratically which is unfortunate. Vert seemed to be suspicious about him (then again, KY kept his vote on). Needs a chill pill, then maybe some more coherent posts. 
Nodlied - About as mildly inactive as ever. Which isn't helping, seriously. He did, however, claim that he had done something to Jeod on N1. Care to elaborate maybe?
Voe - Haven't yet called town retarded. Color me surprised. Still plays rather aggressive which he... eh, always does. Doesn't seem to buy that ChopBam is a cop and Jeod is clear theory. See 1.b.

1.b. Jeod and ChopBam are a scum team. Jeod is once again leading a crusade and honestly this starts to ring some damn wrong bells for me. I am also paranoid IRL but still. It is also not the first time both Jeod and ChopBam could be pulling off some gamble to get the heat off themselves. However, the length of Wall'o'Text suggests either a lot of free time in a scum doc or actual town efforts to investigate. I tend to lean towards the latter tbh. That doesn't, however, clear off ChopBam for scum would obviously know who's NOT one of them. He also seemed pretty interested in the last night results from other people. Don't you think that if people had anything useful to report, they would've done so already?
1.c. Jeod is SK and could return Soviet result to the cop. It's a known practice to make SKs return "Town" result on investigation. However, FRAYDO really seems to be a more likely candidate here with his statements about TPs doing NKs. Jeod also claimed to not have received any PMs from N1 which Nodlied hinted he should've gotten.

2. 2nd NK was done by a Sniper/Grenadier, and now they are embarassed about the miss so they won't speak up. In that case... well yeah.