[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

Now, granted, Jeod's mentioning of a personal journal on his desktop is a bit unsettling, but I wouldn't consider it a slip at this point.

Jeod's journal could very well be the scum doc, or an actual journal. Or even worse, a Death Note.

post-11864-0-46515900-1482032256_thumb.png

Sh*tposting aside, let's return to analysis the situation.

Mojoman received a vote from Voe and has yet to respond. Additionally, still waiting on that bigger analysis of his. I'm interested in what reasoning he has on voting for Voe, if he has any other than the "Voe is just going to screw us all because we aren't going to lynch him D1".

If Verti was a jester, he would have won this easy. I still cannot understand why he has not yet taken the vote off of himself and instead cast his vote instead to Jeod.

Sorry, been away a good portion of today. Tomorrow may be similar, so I will cast a stand-in vote now in case I'm not around during hammer.

In all my [very few] games of playing this, I've never seen a D1 lynch go successfully in favor of town. To that end I'm doing a

##vote no lynch

Also, am I the only person who read this as it was written?

I think you are overeating a lot.

I'm waiting for the massive Cat5 analysis.

GET READY! HERE IT COMES!

First, I want to talk about the side shows. Starting with Jeod.

All three of you are town.

This happened really early in the game, but I want to bring this back to the fore. Here is a guy who declared three people town after just a handful of posts. Incase you don't remember, these three were VERTi60, Voe, and Mojoman. You used a very flimsy argument to make this declaration, which you made sound like you were very certain of at the time. Didn't take you very long to whip-lash that opinion, did it?

I feel like your arguments have been pretty sound otherwise, but this one sticks out as......I'm not even sure what to call it. Absurd? This combined with the rolefishing and role directing that you always do will keep me watching you even though I currently agree with your other suspicions. 

I thought Gen said it was just going to be Allies vs Soviets this game. If 3rd Party does exist, I'll be very surprised and confused.

I said that I would manipulate things to avoid Meta arguments. There could be third party, there could not be. There could even be two mafia factions.

So what you are saying is that there isn't three mafia factions. No seriously, unless specifically asked to clarify, please refrain from stepping in to arguments. The fact that you responded to Killing_You on this statement clears him as being third party, as you would know that he doesn't need to be told that if he himself was third party. There will be another comment on this later.

Last time I decided NOT to go with a revenge-driven crusade against Vert, he turned out to be a scum (see Nomination Mafia).

#NeverForget

##vote Vert

(On a serious note... I am serious. Might as well get some revenge while I can :p )

You are curious about my vote? :p

Let's just say that I am not exactly happy with how ChopBam won the last game through RNG so extreme, I am having my doubts about it being a setup.

I see that my vote in particular had sure triggered Vert though. How curious.

Chaos_Knight's early vote on VERTi60 is entirely justified and not suspicious at all. Certainly not as suspicious as a neutral role that wasn't defined beforehand just happening to kill the two roles that had the highest chance to kill the remaining scum role, and then the remaining scum role just happening to dismantle into a role that worked against the meta town was using to trap him, and then the shot that scum member took went exactly as scum needed it to, and then the town shot went exactly as scum needed it to, and then the lynch result also played completely into scum favor. Imagine all that. How lucky that guy was.

He specifically called it a revenge vote, which if he were mafia, he would not need to do. He could issue revenge personally and quietly as mafia. To call this vote suspicious, is suspicious. VERTi60. Speaking of you, it's time to dig into this mess.

Here's what happens. I flip town on D1 lynch and if Jeod is town (unlikely but let's say he is):

Scum will NK Jeod directly (in case of Nodlied/voe scum team or somebody else with a big grudge)

Scum will NK somebody else and try to frame Jeod.

So if on D2 nobody tries to frame Jeod and he's still alive, we know he's scum.

What are you playing at here? In the case that both of you are town, you know full well that telegraphing this could be taken advantage by scum to do exactly as you say so that the next lynch is clear. And then in the case where he is mafia, the fact that you said this could be used in the reverse to put your own claim into question. The only play where this would make sense, is if you are mafia and you need someone to become the lynch target instead and Jeod is currently the other lightning rod in the room.

Also based on my role I cannot be cop checked - hence I cannot get cleared either. That's why I don't really have a problem getting lynched if that clears me and put suspicion and cop investigations on you :p

This claim that you cannot be cop checked and can get yourself killed implies that you are claiming Hider. However, if this were true, your role could be confirmed as the cop result would be a FAIL, not a TOWN or NOT TOWN result. So if you are telling the truth, I'm not sure why you think you can't be cleared. Unless you are mafia, of course. I also can't imagine what role APB has that would fit this.

Fishing for a role so early are we? There are certain attributes I wish to remain secret (I'm pulling cat5 here). Anyway I think I told you enough, a person with your intelligence should be able to figure it out on your own since we play with classic roles.

My flip will tell you the rest if you won't guess it before.

I find it more than a little odd that you are using a strategy that you previously (and later in this thread) called a mistake when I did it last game. It looks to me like you are trying to cling to the fact that I used this strategy as town and loudly referencing it to try to save yourself. Your own words show that you think this strategy doesn't work, so you have to be using my lynch to protect yourself.

There's a small chance it could be useful but given the chances right now it's useless. Also whenever I had anything similar to this role before I died anyway. Right now I see no reason to stay alive as I'll be the center of distraction as you keep the discussion on me.

I'm thinking of ##surrendering for the sake of moving along and town concentrating on you  :p I'll die anyway regardless but town can still win.

Based on how you accepted GeneralCamo's surrender instantly, you have to have hoped that it would instantly trigger. You did type the whole command, so it should have been valid. Which leads to this:

Just a note: Modkills in this game (which includes suiciding) ends the day if they flip as town. If they flip as Scum, the day will continue.

Did you just mod confirmed my alignment? That's so baaaaaaad.

Take note of this, everyone. He issues the command for a modkill. The next post says that a modkill of a scum member continues the game. VERTi60 asks a minute later if GeneralCamo just confirmed his alignment. The only way VERTi60 could see this as a confirmation of his alignment is if VERTi60 is scum and GeneralCamo didn't end the day, which could be mistaken as a confirmation. GeneralCamo didn't confirm the alignment as he was just stating what would happen, but VERTi60's reaction did. 

So now all that's left to do is hammer this motherfu--

Actually, no, I have more.

He is really talking like some kind of Jester. AFAIK night kills do not proc Jester's ability (if the that role really appears here) so maybe someone could do that.

However, it's still fishy. What if this entire jester play is a bait?

Can you expand on this a bit? Who is being baited?

Holy mother of Emperor Trump. The Lord of Essays has arrived!

Just a note: Modkills in this game (which includes suiciding) ends the day if they flip as town. If they flip as Scum, the day will continue.

Did you just mod confirmed my alignment? That's so baaaaaaad.

Take note of this, everyone. He issues the command for a modkill. The next post says that a modkill of a scum member continues the game. VERTi60 asks a minute later if GeneralCamo just confirmed his alignment. The only way VERTi60 could see this as a confirmation of his alignment is if VERTi60 is scum and GeneralCamo didn't end the day, which could be mistaken as a confirmation. GeneralCamo didn't confirm the alignment as he was just stating what would happen, but VERTi60's reaction did. 

So now all that's left to do is hammer this motherfu--

I actually read that as if Verti thought himself to be confirmed as town. However, I didn't put much thought into it after that. It is certainly interesting, but what if you read it wrong?

The thing is, I haven't got a clue as to whom is the more suspicious one. Verti is the one being cornered and aparantly willing to suicide. And that apparant suicide is what's bugging me the most. If he was town, he'd waste a lot of time to hunt more scum, which is a terrible move. If he was scum, he'd essentially waste himself while there are still chances to turn the tide, he'd also screw over his team. I'm, however, leaning more and more to a potential third party. A single player third party would simply screw himself over, being that's it. However, the absence of a third party could be argued due to GenCamo not mentioning it in his modpost. Yet, I expected more from Verti as an experienced player. Simply giving up shouldn't ever be a thing.

At the same time, Jeod's tunnel on Verti may very well allow more quiet players to go about unnoticed. This, compared with the lack of action during the almost hammer makes his behaviour appear more like somebody who doesn't know what he's doing rather than the turbo ''I know what I'm doing and imma gonna win no matter the odds or measures'' mindset he usually has raises suspicion from my side. I mean, how hard is it to understand to not hammer early to make use of all the time. And is it really such a good idea to leave the more quiet people out and tunnelvision on one single player? Always question everybody, always look out for everyone.

Actually, no, I have more.

He is really talking like some kind of Jester. AFAIK night kills do not proc Jester's ability (if the that role really appears here) so maybe someone could do that.

However, it's still fishy. What if this entire jester play is a bait?

Can you expand on this a bit? Who is being baited?

I think that Alstar implies that a Verti lynch will result in something quiet bad. And I'd have to agree with him that things seem a bit fishy for how everything is coming down.

The town is.

Nice post Cat5. I missed the "role confirmation" of vertigo by gencam.

Or vertigo is a town doctor and does not want to claim as it'd make him dead in the water. He's made flimsy attempts to get out of the mess and... (???) ...and rubbish because he wanted himself dead. Unless it's done to punish town, specifically chaos, jeod and cat5 for their crusade. I hammered myself once day 1 as town doctor to have town lose for their stupidity.

CVC - Cumulative Vote Count 

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 7 hour, 9 min

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted for No Lynch

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted for VERTi60

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted for VERTi60

Killing You voted for VERTi60

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Voe

Voe voted for Mojoman

6/11 votes casted so far

VERTi60 has the majority for a lynch.

Or vertigo is a town doctor and does not want to claim as it'd make him dead in the water. He's made flimsy attempts to get out of the mess and... (???) ...and rubbish because he wanted himself dead. Unless it's done to punish town, specifically chaos, jeod and cat5 for their crusade. I hammered myself once day 1 as town doctor to have town lose for their stupidity.

I hope this isn't true :p (that Verti hates us all and wants to ruin the game). IMO, Verti said his role was uninteresting and doctor isn't that uninteresting to me.

Also I'm still on mobile so my big post is slow. TBH I might just spend a chunk of time on my phone this afternoon and write then (hard to do multiple quotes on mobile across several pages).

I think Verti is baiting town though. Or maybe he got a neutral role as civilian :p (I don't think there are any neutrals though eh?)

Mafia edit:

Voe, get that vote off me. Unless you want to really screw over town D1.

Wow what a nice pile of crap you put up there Cat5. Everything distorted, or twisted. Adding nothing to the game. You call for arms on me but you don't even cast a vote. What's happening, you are not sure with your little analysis? Or you know it's not sure and don't wanna get blamed later how inaccurate it was?

Anyway it seems that the only people so far using their brains are nodlied and voe. Then again they might be a team and know more so they can play safe. I still find it odd that voe votes Mojoman who's not responsible for the hammer. Very strange indeed.

The most scum vibes I get is from KY right now - rereading his posts it looks like he made a couple of slips that would indicate he's thinking from scum perspective.

Then there's Jeod - he's showing us that he's doing a journal but then again he doesn't care about the hammer at all. He keeps a vote on me all the time. 

I know there are few players here who want me dead regardless of alignments, for the sake of some kind of revenge or they simply got butthurt last game or during nomination. Even though I don't understand it but people are people afterall. Hence for me it's hard to scumhunt under these conditions. Best if I was out of the picture/spotlight.

For the seventh or eighth or whateverth time, I'm not a doctor like you voe and I'm not punishing town killing a PR. I'm not a supercop cat5 so I'm not repeating your stupidest mistake.

To move things along (and I think it's already a good time to do it), I'm going to role claim to put an end for doubt:

Jeod got it right, I'm a Hider, specifically the soviet technician who is reaaaaaally afraid, has to hide basically. Yep I got into the role and even acted erratically like a headless chicken, didn't I?

Based on my description, no cop can clear me, it will give them a fail result (that's what the PM says, I'm not making it up). They can only clear me if they know where I am hiding, and I'm not telling that because it would mean double kill for scum. If I don't hide, I'm dead. If I do hide, I have a 25-30% of killing myself or I may get killed by other means. Scum can also kill me directly anyway if they want, but it depends if they have a tanya (they probably do if there are no TPs).

So yeah, whatever I do I'm deder than ded. I hate this role.

There is only one benefit keeping me alive today, and that's if I pick somebody soviet and I live through (unless allies Tanya'd me or they target my target), I can confirm a town next day. Chance is very slim, but it could be done perhaps. Thing is I don't get much luck with hider, everytime I had this role I died without giving town any info. At least by a lynch I'll get town more info about voting patterns.

However as Jeod, KY, chopbam, CK and cat5 already made their mind of lynching me (even though chopbam and CK unvoted, they can still return to it just by saying "oh yea cat5 made much more sense now let's go for the hammer again"), I don't have much of a chance. So probs. my last longer explanation post, do with this info what you want.

##unvote

Have to admit I thought you were bullshitting about the Hider role. Hell, you probably still can be for all we know. But since your chances of dying in the night are above average, then it'll be suspect if you live longer than three days. You're not fit for lynching today, then.

And why not? You're the weakest role. Mafia won't be hunting you unless they want to pass up the chance to hit a PR, and you're 'mostly' clear to us unless you live past Night 3.

I think I have half of your role down, and if it's true, then if you're town you're not as useless as you think. However, that is only half of your claim, so I cannot lift my vote just yet.

I'd have unvoted you way back here if I was PR fishing.

Yay, finally a fine wall of text for me to read.

First of all, yes, I had the exact same thoughts about that RNG in the last game. Like no jokes.

Also admittedly I missed this bit:

Also based on my role I cannot be cop checked - hence I cannot get cleared either. That's why I don't really have a problem getting lynched if that clears me and put suspicion and cop investigations on you :p

Which really DOES look... off to say the very least.

The only TOWN role which can't be cop-tested is the paranoid gun owner who just shoots everyone. But it kinda seems unlikely. Especially combined with the surrender action which would be a pretty silly thing to do in general.

So what's your actual game here, Vert, besides confusing the living cupcakes out of everyone?

UPD:

Well, I got ninja'd

Eh, Vert, don't make me feel bad for wanting you dead. It's only game after all :p

But you should also keep in mind that trusting your claim of a Hider is also a gambit. And a big one.

You also basically admit being a non-town role which by itself would put you into crosshairs as a "safe" D1 lynch.

I am a bad town player really when it comes to crappy roles like this which get me killed

And I value drama in mafia games.

Not really. Since you dont die if you hide behind town player (i guess), you can clearly find out who is pro-town. By being an experimental lab bunny, sadly.

Another sad thing is since you already "claimed" your role (because im still counting possibility that you are lying), no mafia will try to hit you up in closest nights because you are not a danger - and your protection wont really work. I could possibly be wrong.

Also, i know that D1 lynch could be a blindshot in which town have bigger chance to get randomly lynched, so i think this leaves me with no other choice than

##vote No Lynch

You definitely have drama. So while we've got you, how about explaining your vote on KY? I'll admit I've spent the day tunneling you and haven't paid attention to much of anyone else.

Then how about you change my - and maybe other's minds - by answering this.