[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

OrangeP47, you try to say that my logic mirrors yours, but that is your own construct in an attempt to place suspicion on me, which itself was suspicious given the flaw in your own argument. I think I've made it clear that you cannot prove that the things you have said you did, were infact done. There is nothing to verify your actions other than your own words. Words prove nothing in a mafia game. Meanwhile, I have proven that I held a book, passed it away, and stole trust from Jeod. I verified all these things by talking about things only people who had notebooks can know, and the CVC indeed shows that the trust was stolen. My claims can be verified. Yours cannot, and I really don't give two shits if that annoys you or not.

Jeod, you claim you have a book from lockup and then claim you need L's action to get the one remaining. This is clearly a lie, because the first was stolen without you having the L action to get it.

Correct. I did not steal a book directly from lockup. I used my L power last night to have the first stolen book returned to me. Before that, I used the second book in lockup to kill FRAYDO.

Here's an order for you:

-CK's notebook is stolen from lockup

-Voe's book is placed in lockup

-I use Voe's book to kill FRAYDO

-I use the L action to have the first book returned to me

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

OrangeP47, you try to say that my logic mirrors yours, but that is your own construct in an attempt to place suspicion on me, which itself was suspicious given the flaw in your own argument. I think I've made it clear that you cannot prove that the things you have said you did, were infact done. There is nothing to verify your actions other than your own words. Words prove nothing in a mafia game. Meanwhile, I have proven that I held a book, passed it away, and stole trust from Jeod. I verified all these things by talking about things only people who had notebooks can know, and the CVC indeed shows that the trust was stolen. My claims can be verified. Yours cannot, and I really don't give two shits if that annoys you or not.

Jeod, you claim you have a book from lockup and then claim you need L's action to get the one remaining. This is clearly a lie, because the first was stolen without you having the L action to get it.

And I never said I was trying to prove anything. Merely indicating that I was doing all that I could, and if that was not enough I just simply couldn't help you. What I was originally interjecting about was your erasure of my past posts, which is a pretty scummy thing to do. Let's be real, if there's a dispute between you and me then it doesn't matter what either of us thinks. It's up for all the others to decide. By talking over me when I try and remind people of what's been said of the past you're blatantly trying to steer the town to your own agenda. The argument can be made that if you believe your agenda is town, that's fine, but with the consideration your agenda might not be town we need more consideration. I don't ask that people outright believe me, I just ask to be heard :p

Do you understand yet? There is a rogue Kira who used the stolen notebook to kill Voe. They refused to make contact with me. This person is most likely Higuchi as presented by the flavor text.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

And I never said I was trying to prove anything. Merely indicating that I was doing all that I could, and if that was not enough I just simply couldn't help you. What I was originally interjecting about was your erasure of my past posts, which is a pretty scummy thing to do. Let's be real, if there's a dispute between you and me then it doesn't matter what either of us thinks. It's up for all the others to decide. By talking over me when I try and remind people of what's been said of the past you're blatantly trying to steer the town to your own agenda. The argument can be made that if you believe your agenda is town, that's fine, but with the consideration your agenda might not be town we need more consideration. I don't ask that people outright believe me, I just ask to be heard :p

That's fine. The reason why I pursued my argument the way I did is because it felt like your defense, made only of unverified claims, was being proposed as proof of your actions. That's why I attacked it until I got you to admit that you couldn't prove it. The fact that I had to walk you there is suspicious, but it also isn't proof of anything either. That said, I still have you marked as either the 3rd or 4th Kira and you possess a book right now. And Jeod wants it from you.

That's fine. The reason why I pursued my argument the way I did is because it felt like your defense, made only of unverified claims, was being proposed as proof of your actions. That's why I attacked it until I got you to admit that you couldn't prove it. The fact that I had to walk you there is suspicious, but it also isn't proof of anything either. That said, I still have you marked as either the 3rd or 4th Kira and you possess a book right now. And Jeod wants it from you.

Given how I usually talk, pretty much everything I say comes with either a spoken or unspoken 'I can't prove this/it's only an idea'. Last night I was simply tired and was a lot less concerned with academic language than I usually am. I'll admit it wasn't the most coherent set of posts I've made.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You've literally just claimed that L powers include shittygami magic. Last I checked, L doesn't have such powers.

Well, I am the only shinigami. While you humans get L powers, I get shinigami powers.

I'm leaning towards investigating OrangeP47 and making sure Nodlied has more than 50% of the possible proposal points so that it's impossible for Jeod to access the confiscated book again. That should keep all books out of play. I'll be dead and will lose, but this should delay Jeod's and will clear up OrangeP47 whether he is telling the truth or not. For me, the game is over. The goal is stopping Jeod, now.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm leaning towards investigating OrangeP47 and making sure Nodlied has more than 50% of the possible proposal points so that it's impossible for Jeod to access the confiscated book again. That should keep all books out of play. I'll be dead and will lose, but this should delay Jeod's and will clear up OrangeP47 whether he is telling the truth or not. For me, the game is over. The goal is stopping Jeod, now.

I already have a book. My frienemy is the rogue Kira.

No you don't. I don't believe for a second that L powers can get your a book like you just activate Magnesis and bring it to you. Also, you'd be capable of killing three people tomorrow, not just two.

I can walk through walls.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No you don't. I don't believe for a second that L powers can get your a book like you just activate Magnesis and bring it to you. Also, you'd be capable of killing three people tomorrow, not just two.

He doesn't have enough names, obviously, which is one reason why I lean against investigating new people. Also if you suspect that a Kira Suspect can nab a note with a L power I don't see how it's a stretch that a Shinigami could do something like that too. That said, we should probably lean towards what the opposite of Jeod said is anyway by default.

That said, if the group decides to investigate me, so be it. It's better if my name is out there than Chop or Nod's, not that anyone is suggesting them. I'd prefer if the group as a whole come to this decision instead of being led into it by Misa.

So? If we want to meta game that, then you could go around to anybody anytime and steal whatever they are holding, therefore L powers are unnecessary. Then, how are walking through walls and L powers related?

IIRC in the anime they can't take it from an owner, but if one's not being 'owned' they can take it, otherwise they could just walk through walls and grab it. The last bit is a good point though, in that he could probably do that automatically if such logic was being used.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

He doesn't have enough names, obviously, which is one reason why I lean against investigating new people. Also if you suspect that a Kira Suspect can nab a note with a L power I don't see how it's a stretch that a Shinigami could do something like that too. That said, we should probably lean towards what the opposite of Jeod said is anyway by default.

That said, if the group decides to investigate me, so be it. It's better if my name is out there than Chop or Nod's, not that anyone is suggesting them. I'd prefer if the group as a whole come to this decision instead of being led into it by Misa.

Excuse me a second, but when I refer to you taking a notebook with L powers, I'm obviously referring to you taking the one that had been confiscated at the time.

Jeod is claiming he has taken the one that I claim you have stolen, using L powers remotely, instead of accessing the notebook that was still confiscated. (which we know occurred, and is itself another reason why I know he's lying)

Excuse me a second, but when I refer to you taking a notebook with L powers, I'm obviously referring to you taking the one that had been confiscated at the time.

Jeod is claiming he has taken the one that I claim you have stolen, using L powers remotely, instead of accessing the notebook that was still confiscated. (which we know occurred, and is itself another reason why I know he's lying)

Wait, he's claiming he took the one several days ago?

I can see why that would be hard to fathom, given that you are holding that notebook.

No, I'm not, but at this point I don't think we're capable of discussing the matter any other way than pointing at each other and going 'no u', so...

I'd kinda like some input from other parties. I'm still up for answering any questions too.

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I did both. I cannot reclaim a notebook without "L power", but I can still write in one if it isn't in anyone else's possession.

In mafia games, most times you don't have proof of your claims. All you can do is press like a motherfucker. Welcome to the show.

And yet, if I did the same, you'd complain :p So don't get annoyed if I complain.

If you want to talk about something else, start making some cases. Stop asking others to pick up the baton. Let's see what you think.

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

This silly risk-like game is taking longer than planned, so I'll put my thoughts in a by-person format. I would like to, in general, agree that it's weird no one is claiming N. I'll admit I thought some people were N for a time but no longer do.

In order of CVC

KY:  I think he flipped out on me a little harder than he needed to, and once I roleclaimed he backed off and admitted my reasoning was fair. This could have been an attempt to put attention on me or get the roleclaim out of me if he was scum, but from what I've observed of past games, he's generally a bit trigger happy. We had good productive conversations too so that's points in his favor, but he did claim third party.... KY is the midpoint for me, which makes him suspect number 3, but perhaps vote option number 2, depending on just what we think of of Jeod.

Jeod:  We all know he's not above board. The question with him is can we reinvestigate him. Honestly, if we can, that would make him number 1 priority. Would he be acting this confident if we could? He claims he's going to kill L. If we could investigate him that might stop it, but he's so confident, in fact, that maybe even if we can it won't be stopped? Could L's name already be in the notebook and L's going to surprise bomb us later, so investigation wouldn't stop it? I have no idea, I don't know Jeod well enough to even begin to fathom, so I'll follow the group's lead here rather than suggest one way or the other.

Chop:  I'm pretty sure he's 100% legit. I've already gone at length as to why I think this. Voting him would be very counter productive.

CK:  I'm not convinced Mello would work with the task force, but so far CK seems on point, so I trust him for the moment.

Mojo:  I have no idea what he's doing, but whatever it is, we just investigated him, so doing so again would likely very much be a waste.

Nod:  I'm pretty sure he's vital to the task force, and voting him would be very counter productive.

Cat 5:  Saying he's Misa says a lot in and of itself. However, while I've never 100% trusted him, he *has* indeed done some town things. I think basically there's a way to "activate" Misa, but I have no idea what that is, or if it's happened. For awhile now Cat 5 has been mostly dormant, but that probably has a lot to do with being suspected so much overall. Now, Cat 5 is very active. Something's change. It could be what he claimed, or it could not be. Even if it is, though, aside from countering a possible point dump, there may not even be much we can do to help him. If it's not as he claims, this whole thing could be a giant ruse. I also really want to know what the Kira message means, if anything, and the language used just evokes what Jeod had been taunting Cat 5 with earlier. Maybe it means Jeod has found a better lackey than Misa and is throwing Cat 5 to the wolves. This actually isn't good for the town, even if it kills a Kira suspect, and using a death note it means some other player now has the ability to throw Cat 5's resources around without regard for his own life. An aggressive player gets taken down fast, but can do damage before hand. If death isn't a concern, though, there's now down side to being aggressive.

OrangeP47: Here's me. I don't have any theories against myself, for obvious reasons, but I do understand if people are suspicious of me because of my relative unknown status. I'll answer any questions you might have.

TL;DR.

What we should do really depends on if we think Jeod is safe or not. I can't offer any good suggestions on that. Behind Jeod, I'm suspicious of Cat 5, and then KY, in that order, and everyone else I don't think is even remotely a smart option. Of those three options, at present time, I'd only be willing to commit to Cat 5, and even then it's not exactly a good bet in an emergency situation, as it's not outcome based but based on if we trust Cat 5. Even if he's activated he could be a diversion, and if we're wrong it's just as if we doubled up on Mojo. If we could somehow link Cat 5 to a notebook it would be worth it. He's not the mastermind though, and we kinda need to find the mastermind. In last place, I don't think KY is suspicious enough on his own to go all in on, so in short none of these 3 options are good.

I did, nobody really seemed to care :p Way to forget my posts again.

As for recent updated with Jeod, he's just going to blow smoke no matter what we do, we should ignore him when forming our own logic.