[Game Over] CYOR - Halloween Edition

TheIrishman

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So, anyway, I imagine you're all awaiting to hear what happens in the alternate history I chose to view.

I chose to check what would have happened if Nodlied was lynched. 

Nodlied was Town.

His character is Death.

He really does give out hugs, two variants, called Love/Hate Death's Embrace. One helps the target, one hurts the target. Not going to be more specific on the actions unless you really need more evidence.

His passive is called Deathless. The information regarding this action is not revealed. But let's be real, it means that if Voe fires on him during Day1, it reflects back at him and kills him.

pfff. Ahem.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DON'T HAVE THAT ROLE! IF I DID, I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU DURING N1!

I TRICKED YOU INTO NOLYNCHING FOR NO REASON BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(well, other than to draw a target on myself, but yeah)

But you know what? You wound up with tons of info on D2, had an extra player to help with that, and wound up lynching Mafia to top it off. Nolynching D1 should perhaps be an actual strategy in role heavy games like this.

I made all that up based off what Nodlied has said so far. I have no idea if it's true because I don't really have an investigative role of any kind. As Jeod suspected, my role is nearly the same as last game. If I'm targeted by an "attack" (this was described as any night action that would kill me, not just the designated mafia nightkill), I'm killed, but I use the Morphogenetic Field to Schroedinger my way back into the game. This can be proven because Alstar and FRAYDO were able to target me, while they wouldn't have been able to find me if my role was activated by myself. To make things more difficult, in addition to me surviving, I must also trigger that role. I needed to get myself killed (but not lynched) so claiming an absurd cop role straight away seemed like a good way to go. Now that I have passed that requirement, I just need to be alive in this history when the game ends, and I win. That could still prove to be tricky, with all these actions being redirected...

Hey now dont rake all the glory of zhe NoLynch to yourseld

##vote Cat5

Third party is a single person whose goal is to win, alone. He's the most dangerous person in the game and a priority lynch now that he's back.

Also please resolve the action, TIM :v

Jeod, that was me.  My real role is that I'm a jailkeeper. I knock people out and take them away. My target is roleblocked, but they also cannot be killed during that time.

Oddly, my action from N1 was both delayed to N2 and target switched. The delay was because apparently TheIrishman decided me activating my role locks me in time, instead of just disappearing like I imagined it. My original target was FRAYDO

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Jeod, that was me.  My real role is that I'm a jailkeeper. I knock people out and take them away. My target is roleblocked, but they also cannot be killed during that time.

Oddly, my action from N1 was both delayed to N2 and target switched. The delay was because apparently TheIrishman decided me activating my role locks me in time, instead of just disappearing like I imagined it. My original target was FRAYDO

I don't believe any claims you make from now on.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Ah. Well, as I don't have a night action, there wasn't anything to roleblock. I appreciate the protection though. I assume it was protection.

I'd like to take credit for the protection, but you weren't the target. Frankly I didn't have any real suspects, so I just RNG'd it, and wouldn't you know who i got?

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I've used my own meme so I'll steal one of mafia universe's favorites.

eat pant

Don't worry, if you live through the lynch im killing you tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

So you think Alstar/FRAYDO aren't the last of the mafia?

If you were town and not possible last scum or third party, you would know that the town goal is to eliminate all hostile players, and not just mafia :smug:

1 minute ago, Voe said:

If you were town and not possible last scum or third party, you would know that the town goal is to eliminate all hostile players, and not just mafia :smug:

This assumes Cat5 is third party, and if FRAYDO is the scum then Cat5 could well be town. My alignment speaks for itself the past two days.

Just now, Jeod said:

This assumes Cat5 is third party, and if FRAYDO is the scum then Cat5 could well be town. My alignment speaks for itself the past two days.

We'll see when Alstar flips. For now I'm willing to trust FRAYDO. Only if Alstar flips other than scum, I'll put that in question.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Can't fault him for that. It's a smart move either way.

I built a case on him because I know he's lying, but you guys can't know that.

I suspect TheIrishman won't be on for at least 6 hours.

I have to leave for work in 4. Send him a call/text or something. Once I start work I can't check in for two hours for 15 mins, and an hour lunch from 4-5pm.

(That was a joke, don't actually bother him :p)

This just means I'll have to decide whether to resurrect ChopBam before I go to work or wait until my lunch hour to catch up on the happenings and possibly resurrect Alstar.

Well, he's sleeping no doubt. I'm sure he'll be on first thing when he wakes up. I don't have a phone number but I can send him a facebook message. That said, given how he made a mistake while resolving PMs while not entirely sober, I wouldn't want to risk him missing something while rudely awoken.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

(That was a joke, don't actually bother him :p)

This just means I'll have to decide whether to resurrect ChopBam before I go to work or wait until my lunch hour to catch up on the happenings and possibly resurrect Alstar.

You should wait either way, unless you think there is someone hostile who's going to stop you before you can.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You should wait either way, unless you think there is someone hostile who's going to stop you before you can.

Well, a dayblock is always possible, but it would obviously blow a hostile's cover. I suspect ChopBam tracked FRAYDO.