[Game Over] CYOR - Halloween Edition

TheIrishman

53 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If you're so upset, Voe, we could always all vote to lynch you, and then have Jeod one behind, so we still get a lynch AND can use Cat 5's (alleged) power. Would that make you happier?

Please no

If Cat5 is lying, I believe it's intended to befuddle scum rather than town. This plus his meta makes me think we should trust him for now.

I'm still not fully sure I understand Cat5's claimed gimmick. Does our current stance put Jeod in real danger?

TheIrishman should be home in a little bit to confirm, unless they keep him late due to me not being present. Unfortunately, I wound up bursting one of my ear drums last night and chose to go to the doctor today instead of work when it hadn't healed this morning. So now my little gambit was unnecessary and maybe a little counter productive if scum have the means to stop me.

I'll be here until hammer, and then I'll have to leave right away again to pick up some meds.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

If Cat5 is lying, I believe it's intended to befuddle scum rather than town. This plus his meta makes me think we should trust him for now.

I'm still not fully sure I understand Cat5's claimed gimmick. Does our current stance put Jeod in real danger?

Scum could jump the vote at the very end, but that'd be such an obvious move we'd nail them right away next day. That's the only way it could go wrong, outside of Cat 5 lying about what actually happens, but if he does that, again, we'll know its him and nail him right away.  I may have missed something, but I can't find any other threat.

Jeod should not be in danger at this time unless there is someone who gets cute and vote switches at the end of day. Such a move would have obvious consequences though.

Outside of that, it could be interesting in how votes switch around regarding who winds up #2, as scum tries to comply with my plan without letting one of their own get copped.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Scum could jump the vote at the very end, but that'd be such an obvious move we'd nail them right away next day. That's the only way it could go wrong, outside of Cat 5 lying about what actually happens, but if he does that, again, we'll know its him and nail him right away.  I may have missed something, but I can't find any other threat.

Who should I vote for?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It might be beneficial to place more than one person at one-vote-less-than-nolynch because if scum don't mind Jeod being lynched and they also don't want to be caught vote switching, they might just let the vote sit where it is.

Since Voe and I are here, I guess we could line up a candidate number two if No Lynch and Jeod stay where they are.

Bigger question, though:  Would you be able to cop both people?

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It might be beneficial to place more than one person at one-vote-less-than-nolynch because if scum don't mind Jeod being lynched and they also don't want to be caught vote switching, they might just let the vote sit where it is.

I was about to suggest that. If your ability works as you say it does, it would be even potentialy broken to point where we get as many players as possible to nolynch-1 vote and you just milk all the information that comes through.

I don't think so. That detail isn't something we discussed. I imagine I'd have to pick one. If it worked in such a way that I got everybody, then one person could nolynch and nobody else votes, and then I'd get results for everybody.

That would be amazing, IF it worked. Sadly this close to hammer I doubt we'd have the ability to coordinate that either way.

Time Left:
0 day(s), 1  hour(s), 20 min(s)
CVC:
Alstar voted No Lynch
ChopBam voted Jeod
FRAYDO voted OrangeP47
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted Jeod
Voe voted Voe
Kamuixmod voted No Lynch
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted No Lynch

7/10 votes cast so far

No Lynch currently has the most votes, 3

So any recommendations on who our number 2 number 2 should be?  If you're going to confirm only one person, it kind of makes sense to find someone who has appeared to oppose Jeod, but this is D1, and it's not exactly like we've had time for that...

So, since Voe is already sitting at one, I could do the unthinkable and actually vote for him D1 to get us to a number 2 number 2. Or, if he's still interested in changing his vote, I offer to help tie up Nodlied, seeing as he's the arch-nemesis ;)

8 hours ago, Nodlied said:

764.png

I don't fully trust that day one claim of yours. And considering that it takes too long to figure out if you're speaking the truth and trying to help us, if you are truly Neutral, I'm not willing to go along with that plan.

I don't think there is much room for an argument that I'm lying about this.

What are the risks if I'm lying? "HAHAHA I TRICKED YOU INTO NOLYNCHING"? Is that my motivation? I don't think even scum want a nolynch, but they DO want to avoid a nolynch that also begets information.

You'll know right away if I'm lying. And then what am I going to do? There is no risk in complying with my plan, unless you are scum.

8 hours ago, Jeod said:

Not only is Akane not a monster/villain, I know how your role works from the last time you chose it, and I'm betting that you tried to make it as similar as possible. Therefore, the scumtrap you're trying to set will only hinder town before it helps us find scum.

That aside, I haven't chosen anyone to vote for yet. There's still a good nine hours or so until hammer, however. I'll be watching.

Akane is technically a murderer. She is responsible for the kidnappings of nine people, during which she planted a bomb in two of them and deliberately set of a situation where one of the captured would trigger those bombs and kill two other people besides. That this was all in a complicated effort to save herself makes her both the villain and the survivor of the Zero Escape series.

That said, this I'm sure is part of the reason I'm neutral, not town. I also picked Clover as an example of a character that could be any alignment.

3 hours ago, Killing You said:

I'm not saying you should be lynched. Cat5's saying that he can cop check someone if they could've been lynched by him changing his vote. i.e., If we kept you at one vote below nolynch, and nolynch was the result, Cat5 could see what you would've flipped had he voted for you instead.

Of course, that's what he claims. Doesn't it make sense to use this unique opportunity to clear someone without killing them? Wouldn't you like to be cleared, even if it's in a weird way? And if he's BSing us, wouldn't it be easily exposed by having him put his money where his mouth is?

Exactly, if I'm making any of this up, it'll be clear right away. I gain nothing for faking this claim. Now that I'm home today, I kinda wish I hadn't, but I can't take it back now.

3 hours ago, kamuixmod said:

If you're outing this kinda info then i guess you're immune to nightkills?

No, though I have no doubts that there is a protection role given that this is CYOR, and Mafia is likely to suspect I will be protected even if I'm not.

Time Left:
0 day(s), 0  hour(s), 25 min(s)
CVC:
Alstar voted No Lynch
ChopBam voted Jeod
FRAYDO voted OrangeP47
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted Jeod
Voe voted Nodlied
Kamuixmod voted No Lynch
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted Nodlied
Category 5 Hurricane voted No Lynch

7/10 votes cast so far
No Lynch currently has the most votes, 3

9 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think I'd rather have Nodlied as one of my options. Having Jeod on the table doesn't seem to be causing any actions. Looks like town if you ask me.

Jeod isn't causing any actions because he's not the leading lynch candidate. You can claim whatever you want, but even if you can expose a scum on day 2, they can still contradict/counterclaim you and possibly turn the table. I, for one, would be perfectly okay to risk being "investigated" by a gimmicky role of ambiguous alignment.

You've made several negative comments about plan, yet you followed OrangeP47s suggestion to vote for Nodlied anyway.

I have that thing where I'm really good with finding errors and logical fallacies. Doesn't mean I have a better plan for day 1.