[Game Over] CYOR - Halloween Edition

TheIrishman

Announcement

Rule Clarification:

Every person that dies in this game will stay on the CVC with a strikethrough their name. Reason being, they are still targets. You cannot vote against them, they cannot vote against you, but they could still be in this game due to other reasons. Leaving them on the CVC is for the sole purpose of reminding you that they could still be a target. They do not count towards the player count regarding any objective.

Apologies for not mentioning this earlier. Still new to hosting a game.

4 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Announcement

Rule Clarification:

Every person that dies in this game will stay on the CVC with a strikethrough their name. Reason being, they are still targets. You cannot vote against them, they cannot vote against you, but they could still be in this game due to other reasons. Leaving them on the CVC is for the sole purpose of reminding you that they could still be a target. They do not count towards the player count regarding any objective.

Apologies for not mentioning this earlier. Still new to hosting a game.

No worries, thanks for the clarification. I suppose that's what we should expect since it's a Halloween themed game. Knowing that Cat5 was indeed killed, I find Nodlied much more suspect. I'll go ISO his D1. (Note: "ISO" is Mafia Universe lingo for "Individually Single Out", as I understand it)

It's just weird not to get his role and info if he's been removed from the game.

And like, totally OOC for a moment, part of the fun of these games is seeing what everyone picked.  Granted, I guess Cat 5 up and told us who he was... unless he's lying...

Just now, Jeod said:

No worries, thanks for the clarification. I suppose that's what we should expect since it's a Halloween themed game. Knowing that Cat5 was indeed killed, I find Nodlied much more suspect. I'll go ISO his D1. (Note: "ISO" is Mafia Universe lingo for "Individually Single Out", as I understand it)

I thought it stood for ISOlation.

Either way, it's nice over there, where they have a button to do it for you.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

After a quick analysis, my radar isn't pinging on Nodlied as much as it is on Kamuixmod or Voe. Kam moreso than Voe. I can't place it.

What did Kam do specifically? I don't have enough experience with him to really be able to read him well.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

What did Kam do specifically? I don't have enough experience with him to really be able to read him well.

The thing that stood out to me most about him was that he asked Cat5 if he was immune to nightkills, and Cat5 said no. Getting to that point and reading it was what made me go "wait a sec, something's off about him".

It's a possibility that Cat5's ability places him in a parallel universe for the next day. That way he isn't able to share his report until Day 3, but it in turn makes him immune to nightkills/lynches.

That would be my theory, except that TheIrishMan confirmed that Cat5 is dead.

1 minute ago, Alstar said:

Okay, before this goes too far - Cat5 was not visited by anyone. Thats the only information from this night i can share. Also this is the main reason why i suspect that he was lying in his D1 reveal.

That is indeed suspicious.... He's probably still alive, because I don't think you'd kill yourself for any reason...

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

The thing that stood out to me most about him was that he asked Cat5 if he was immune to nightkills, and Cat5 said no. Getting to that point and reading it was what made me go "wait a sec, something's off about him".

That is indeed odd. He does seem to ask some strange questions though...

3 minutes ago, Alstar said:

Okay, before this goes too far - Cat5 was not visited by anyone.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

That would be my theory, except that TheIrishMan confirmed that Cat5 is dead.

Okay, this is weird. Either someone has stealth, or Cat5 self destructed. We've got to be careful.

Just now, Jeod said:

His clarification was "every person that dies in this game will have a strikethrough". As it's a direct response to our questions, I'd take it as a confirmation of death.

Henry has three legs.  All dogs have three legs. Henry is a dog.

^^^ This is not a correct logical formalization.

He didn't say everyone that has a strikethrough is dead, basically.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I dunno, I still feel like he's dead. If he isn't dead and is just in a parallel universe due to his night action, then where's the night kill? Alstar said he wasn't visited.

Even if Cat 5 is dead, and he wasn't visited, that still means the night kill vanished somewhere, because it wouldn't be whatever happened to Cat 5...  Unless scum have some kind of untraceable ability.  Sometimes there's like a one shot untraceable kill, right? Like cruisers in APB?

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Even if Cat 5 is dead, and he wasn't visited, that still means the night kill vanished somewhere, because it wouldn't be whatever happened to Cat 5...  Unless scum have some kind of untraceable ability.  Sometimes there's like a one shot untraceable kill, right? Like cruisers in APB?

Closest thing I can think of is the classic Ninja role, which is undetectable by Watchers and Trackers when visiting. If it were me designing this CYOR game, I'd probably give a player with a ghost role this sort of ability.

It's possible someone has a one-time bulletproof ability, or it's possible the nightkilling scum was roleblocked. I don't think Alstar has a reason to lie about his claim. What would scum stand to gain from suggesting Cat5 wasn't the nightkill?

At this time I believe the mystery surrounding Cat5 is independent from the scum's actions.