[Game Over] CYOR - Halloween Edition

TheIrishman

23 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Announcement

Rule Clarification:

Every person that dies in this game will stay on the CVC with a strikethrough their name. Reason being, they are still targets. You cannot vote against them, they cannot vote against you, but they could still be in this game due to other reasons. Leaving them on the CVC is for the sole purpose of reminding you that they could still be a target. They do not count towards the player count regarding any objective.

Apologies for not mentioning this earlier. Still new to hosting a game.

You can use this list but it's mostly for me since i just got to glance over a few posts from work.

Now first quote, i dont know what there is to question but all the information we need is in the first sentence. Cat5 is 99% dead. The only thing that would make sense to me is that they will be ressurected, so there might be a Zombie in the Mafia team?

1 hour ago, Jeod said:
Alstar - Watched Category 5 Hurricane (Watcher)
ChopBam - Attempted visit OrangeP47, redirected to Kamuixmod (Tracker)
FRAYDO - Attempted visit OrangeP47, redirected to Category 5 Hurricane (Mafia?)
Killing You - Visited Nodlied
Voe - No action
Jeod - No action
Kamuixmod - No action
Nodlied - Visited Voe
OrangeP47 - Attempted visit ChopBam, redirected to FRAYDO :: Action was "fizzled out" (roleblocked?)
Category 5 Hurricane - Most likely in a parallel universe until Day 3

Kamuixmod's been pretty quiet during the course of the game, even on Day 1 after Cat5's claim and the voting plan. I'm not convinced he's our "randomizer" though. We may not have one. If OrangeP47 is lying, then his role simply redirects those who visit him--maybe passively.

And, while this can't clear anyone just yet, we may have a doctor type role in the game, which explains the lack of nightkill.

Now for some reason, anyone that had any contact with Orange got "bussed" and his own action wasnt who he wanted to target either.

20 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Maybe not a bus driver, but a randomizer of sorts? I think that's a role (I may recall seeing it in the wiki) but I don't know exactly what it does.

Orange is already getting more detailed and suggests a randomizer. Could he be a role that keeps away roles that target him with the exception of roleblockers? Someone with a role like that is certainly strong which is why his own action is probably also randomized. Maybe the roleblock only affects main abilities. Question being is, who roleblocked Orange as anyone trying to target him got re-directed.

However as it stands personally Fraydo would be suspect #1 in my list as he is the last person to visit Cat5 but let's see what he has to say first.

On 31.10.2017 at 6:52 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ok, there's almost absolutely nothing to talk about here, so as usual it falls to me to make Day 1 interesting.

I want to go along with kamuixmod's idea. I want to nolynch today. In addition, I want at least one person to be one vote less than the total for nolynch.

Why do I want that, you ask? Two reasons.

The first is because I want to setup a game of chicken with the scum team. Scum don't ever want a failed lynch. So what would happen if we were to place nolynch and <someone else> up as our vote targets as the day nears it's end? I bet it'll make scum get twitchy, no matter the alignment of the chosen counter-wagon.

The second reason? I've got an extra reason to cause this to happen.

GET READY FOR THIS! IT'S FULL ROLE CLAIM TIME BECAUSE YOU ONLY LIVE AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES TO LIVE!

I'm Akane Kurashiki. Yes, again. I'm technically the one of the villains of the Zero Escape series, while also being one of the survivors. This made me a wildcard where TheIrishman could choose which side he wanted my role to be. He wound up making me neutral, to allow me to decide which way to go in the same way Akane did. My win condition isn't hostile to either side, as besides surviving, I also need to trigger my passive day action at least once.

While I'm the same character, my role is not. If the vote at the end of the day ends in such a way that I could change the result of the vote by switching my vote, during the next night, I'll use the morphogenetic field to see what that history would have been. I will see what would have happened if someone else was lynched. This makes me a conditional cop role.

At the time I came up with this, I thought it was pretty clever. However, seeing my schedule coming up, I see now that I'm going to have a very hard time triggering this action as I was ALWAYS be at work during hammer. I'll need help setting up this scenario.

So, in short, let's follow along with kamuixmod and nolynch today and allow everyone to survive Day 1. As long as someone winds up with just one less vote than nolynch, we'll still learn something from the lynch. Therefore, there is no downside to this.

Other than someone shooting me before the day ends...which would be bad for me personally, but would find you guys mafia, so bonus!

Follow up since this didnt make it into my main post.

Not so sure if his ability really made him dissapear for today, it sounds more like he would get a report what the other person would have simply flipped as if he was to time travel and switch votes.

1 minute ago, kamuixmod said:

Now first quote, i dont know what there is to question but all the information we need is in the first sentence. Cat5 is 99% dead. The only thing that would make sense to me is that they will be ressurected, so there might be a Zombie in the Mafia team?

Unlikely, a Zombie is a badguy horror thing, and thus would most likely be town. A strike-out or ''death'' wouldn't have to mean an actual 100% ''I'm out of the game'' death, but scum zombies? Unlikely.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

yay...

:D

1 minute ago, Nodlied said:

Unlikely, a Zombie is a badguy horror thing, and thus would most likely be town. A strike-out or ''death'' wouldn't have to mean an actual 100% ''I'm out of the game'' death, but scum zombies? Unlikely.

:D

But it says so if you take the very first sentence from Tim's announcement. The rest sounds more like he can be ressurected.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

FRAYDO being scum could be checked into on Day 3, if Cat5 doesn't return. You might'e missed it Kam, but we're pretty sure that Cat5 is only phased out due to his role.

I'm not that sure.

TBH i don't really think Cat5 if coming back, either. It'd be a dumb role which has to die to use their abilities.

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Oh come now, Nodlied. Don't you remember the part where Van Helsing raised an army of undead wolfmen to storm Dracula's castle? :v

Just now, kamuixmod said:

But it says so if you take the very first sentence from Tim's announcement. The rest sounds more like he can be ressurected.

It's possible. But as I said, a mafia zombie would be unlikely. And a strike-out doesn't guarantee a pure death or possible ressurection.

Just now, Jeod said:

Scum roles in this game would be like the Scooby Doo gang. I actually listed Fred Jones as a possible role for TIM to choose.

I went with Luigi. :v

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Oh come now, Nodlied. Don't you remember the part where Van Helsing raised an army of undead wolfmen to storm Dracula's castle? :v

Nope. I don't watch a lot of films. v:

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

latest?cb=20130802041324

?????

You know what? I'm okay with lynching FRAYDO today. He doesn't seem important and there's a 50/50 chance he's scum that killed Cat5. Did he mention that he was redirected only after we pushed the idea that Cat5 wasn't dead?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

You know what? I'm okay with lynching FRAYDO today. He doesn't seem important and there's a 50/50 chance he's scum that killed Cat5. Did he mention that he was redirected only after we pushed the idea that Cat5 wasn't dead?

Can you quote his posts? Shouldnt be a lot anyway.

5 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Nope. I don't watch a lot of films. v:

4 minutes ago, Voe said:

latest?cb=20130802041324

?????

Sarcasm may or may not have been added for effect.

Also I was referencing the original novel, you uncultured swines!

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I could be open to that. Present thy case, and I shalt consider.

(also just throwing this out there, we could totally get rid of two people today if we wanted. Just sayin'.)

Just now, Jeod said:

Nah, I'm doing too much work as it is. Your turn--you suggested it first, after all.

I just pointed out what i think based on what i posted. You didnt post anything to your own suggestion yet to back it up, so you do you and i go to sleep now.

4 minutes ago, kamuixmod said:

I just pointed out what i think based on what i posted. You didnt post anything to your own suggestion yet to back it up, so you do you and i go to sleep now.

Very well.

##vote FRAYDO

Anyone else seeing the new Thor movie tomorrow, or is it already out in the east?

21 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

So you got an unexpected result as well? It's interesting to note that I also targeted Orange.

21 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Well mind you, you have been quite vocal. I instead returned a result on Category5, though I cannot explain his mysterious disappearance.

15 hours ago, Alstar said:

Yeah yeah explaining. Irishman messaged me with the fact that he messed up a bit during sending responses and now i received information that the only person visiting him was FRAYDO.

I don't think fraydo said anything since.

Okay, here is my list of reads/various comments. I'm going to preface this by saying I have no pure scum reads.  This is a list of who I'm currently suspicious of, and I fully awknowledge that a suspicious person can be town, perhaps, and indeed math demands some are unless we're third party heavy, which I doubt this game.

Neutral

Town

Suspicious

Alstar - Was very forthcoming with tracking information. That's pro-town. However, he's been rather quiet, and if Cat 5 is off on his own adventure not caused by scum actions, which is a possibility, scum Alstar could have revealed the info to get town points.  On balance I'll call him town for now, but I want him to contribute more. Almost downgraded him to neutral.
ChopBam - Though I was initially suspicious, he was way too forthcomming to be scum.  I didn't like how he handled the Kam conversation, but he many not have had the time to get invested in it at the moment like some of us others.
FRAYDO - Has been a lot less helpful than ChopBam, and he did visit Cat 5... One might question why he would give up this info, though, because at the time Alstar had incorrect info. He came in second to the redirect train discussion, giving him more room to lie about it, if he wanted. He could have wanted to target Cat 5 directly, but then again, I was redirected onto him as well...
Killing You - I'm not sold, but this is how he always acts, even if a bit rash. Could go either way. He tends to be a very impressionable town player, easily misled (no offense intended)
Voe - Claims no action, claims to have charged day actions.  For some reason I'm honestly inclined to believe him, mostly because of his interaction with Nodlied, and said "hugs", whatever that means. I fully believe that if he had actions he could use right now, he'd retaliate against Nodlied.
Jeod - I'm suspicious of the no action claim, for obvious reasons. The main point of contention here is probably people asking "Why Jeod but not Voe?" I point you right above for the reason.
Kamuixmod - Obvious reasons
Nodlied - The obsession with Voe could be an act or smoke screen.  We still don't know too much about him.
OrangeP47 - Myself
Category 5 Hurricane - I think he's still in the game, and boy does he have some explaining to do, one way or another. I'm less inclined to believe he is benevolent than I was D1...

Just now, Killing You said:

I think Nodlied's "obsession" with Voe is due to them always having a rivalry, no matter the circumstances. They even seemed to butt heads when they were co-GMing the July Crisis game. :v 

Nodlied is smart enough to mix business with pleasure and have it work :p

I'm just saying, I'd like to see some non-Voe related activity from him.