[Game Over] CYOR - Halloween Edition

TheIrishman

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Just a colorful way of referring to your D1 presentation.

I was basically sheeping Cat 5 :v

Which I kind of now regret. That said, as a hyperactive (in every sense of the word) player I was just doing my part to get votes actually organized rather than leave us all holding the hot potato at the end of the vote stage.

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

knowing full well the tracker (Alstar) didn't track me

This raises my eyebrow a bit. I thought our current public narrative is that Alstar is the watcher, not the tracker?

Just now, ChopBam said:

This raises my eyebrow a bit. I thought our current public narrative is that Alstar is the watcher, not the tracker?

I use the terms interchangeably.... I guess technically they are different things, yes, but you all know what I meant.

I'm going to build off Jeod's and Kam's "charts" with the presumption that FRAYDO's new information is true, as it actually explains some things. I'm also going to mark myself and FRAYDO as blue. Obviously I'm biased about myself, but this is my own perspective speaking.

Alstar - Watched Category 5 Hurricane (Watcher)
ChopBam - Attempted visit OrangeP47, redirected to Kamuixmod (Tracker)
FRAYDO - Attempted visit OrangeP47, redirected to Category 5 Hurricane (Cop)
Killing You - Visited Nodlied
Voe - No action
Jeod - No action
Kamuixmod - No action (confirmed by ChopBam)
Nodlied - Visited Voe
OrangeP47 - Attempted visit ChopBam and redirected to FRAYDO :: action was "fizzled out"
Category 5 Hurricane - Most likely in a parallel universe until Day 3, phased out by his own doing (Third Party)

A nightkill may or may not have been attempted on me by Orange and diverted to FRAYDO. Or, he could have targeted FRAYDO to begin with and lied about the redirection as a diversion, which would mean there is no randomization role and that OrangeP47 simply possesses passive night protection randomization as per my first question to him today. But if FRAYDO had one-time zombie and Orange previously claimed his night action on FRAYDO "fizzled out," that's awfully suspect.

The only thing that bothers me about FRAYDO's "new information" is that it's "new information." Was it a newer PM with information that TIM forgot to send earlier? Or did FRAYDO re-read something he missed previously? In any event, while I'm curious, I don't think it's a huge deal. But Orange jumped onto this as his first defense (offense?).

51 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If your theory was actually true, and I was scum, why would I actually tell everyone where my actions went, knowing full well the tracker (Alstar) didn't track me, and in the unlikely event there's another tracker nobody could likely even hit me.

If scum want to be believed, they need to mix some truth with their lies. Things that are verifiable or that won't come back to bite them later upon closer inspection. They just need to tactfully decide which truth to reveal. The most likely alternative theories to you being the baddie that took away FRAYDO's 1st life are 1) a doctor saved someone, or 2) Cat5 was actually nightkilled. If one of these was the case, and there isn't a cult/2nd nightkill, then FRAYDO's a baldfaced liar. But as you say, he is making some pretty bold claims which will be substantiated or debunked soon enough.

51 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm willing to come clean about my role more, if the people demand it.

I'll hear your story.

So... after complaining about other people doing it... now I feel like an idiot... I think I read my PM wrong.

On review, I may have actually caused FRAYDO's action to fizzle out, not having my own action fizzle out. FRAYDO, did your PM or "new information" or whatever say HOW you lost your passive protection?  I have a roleblock that could have done it, perhaps. It only blocks one "ability" per use, with a priority onto passive abilities.  I was too annoyed at being falsely accused (or perhaps rightfully accused as it turned out) to really put two and two together up until now.

And yes, I was trying to roleblock you N1 Choppy, no hard feelings :p;)

According to him it blocks one ability with passive priority, so if FRAYDO used his active while still having his passive he would still get results by this logic.

My option to check someone today expands from just FRAYDO to Orange aswell.

2 hours ago, Alstar said:

According to him it blocks one ability with passive priority, so if FRAYDO used his active while still having his passive he would still get results by this logic.

Precisely.

Alstar - Watched Category 5 Hurricane : Claims FRAYDO visited Cat5 (Watcher)
ChopBam - Attempted visit OrangeP47, redirected to Kamuixmod (Tracker)
FRAYDO - Attempted visit OrangeP47, redirected to Category 5 Hurricane :: Claims Cat5 is third party (Alignment Cop)
Killing You - Visited Nodlied
Voe - No action
Jeod - No action
Kamuixmod - No action (confirmed by ChopBam)
Nodlied - Visited Voe :: Claims hugs (but not roleblocking)
OrangeP47 - Attempted visit ChopBam and redirected to FRAYDO :: roleblocked FRAYDO's passive night action
Category 5 Hurricane - Most likely in a parallel universe until Day 3, phased out by his own doing (All-seeing Cop)

It looks like ChopBam is indeed claiming Tracker, as he placed a confirmation in his table about Kamuixmod. On looking back at Cat5's claim, he claimed to be a Detective (cop that finds alignment and role) rather than a rolecop, which is pretty OP for a town that also has an alignment cop, a watcher, and a tracker. I believe FRAYDO's claim for the time being.

##unvote FRAYDO

Killing You, what did you do to Nodlied? I wonder if Nodlied got a corrected PM...

I like what FRAYDO is saying. Whenever Cat5 claims neutral it's pretty clear he means third party. Mind you the role PM speaks about eliminating all hostile players, and not just mafia. I would extrapolate that to third party also being present.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I have a roleblock that could have done it, perhaps. It only blocks one "ability" per use, with a priority onto passive abilities.

Wait the heck a minute, isn't this a nightkill enabler?

13 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I think it's more likely scum tried to nightkill Cat5 but couldn't because he vanished.

We don't even know if he vanished or died >_>

5 minutes ago, Voe said:

We don't even know if he vanished or died >_>

If it's truly a problem then I believe I can answer that question. However, whether Cat5 is vanished or dead, either way I believe scum targeted him and either made the kill or missed due to his ability.

Just now, Jeod said:

@Killing You, I see you reading the thread. I may have a little longer than I thought before I get busy for the night, but until you've answered my question without taking 3 hours to come up with a claim, I'll be voting you today.

Fair enough. My visit to Nodlied isn't really information I'd like to disclose, especially since it's a multiple-effect ability. Remember Sans? Yeah, something along those lines, but less alignment-dependant and more random.

Just now, Killing You said:

Fair enough. My visit to Nodlied isn't really information I'd like to disclose, especially since it's a multiple-effect ability. Remember Sans? Yeah, something along those lines, but less alignment-dependant and more random.

Thanks. Mind paying me a visit tonight? I feel like I've disclosed enough info today for scum to decide I'm a valuable target.

Just now, Jeod said:

Thanks. Mind paying me a visit tonight? I feel like I've disclosed enough info today for scum to decide I'm a valuable target.

Can do. While you're at it, though...

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

If it's truly a problem then I believe I can answer that question.

I'm curious to see what you meant by this.

Tell you what. I'll try to keep watch until hammer time and if I see that the day's vote is dependent on knowing Cat5's current status, I'll oblige. Fair? That of course means that I'm at a roadblock on my reads, and I'm more than willing to allow someone else to take the reigns.

4 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Completely fair. At this stage I'm a little unsure myself, and that bit of info might sway my vote elsewhere.

I don't know if it would sway mine. Like I said to Voe, I think the scum tried to target Cat5 regardless of the outcome. Perhaps FRAYDO's flip, if lynched, would confirm Cat5's status as a third party. Or perhaps not. At this moment, I still think FRAYDO is the better option to lynch.

12 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Yeah actually would you mind explaining this?

For clarification regarding my night PM result, initially I only received information regarding my action and nothing else. Later I would receive an update to my PM indicating I have lost my passive ability.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

I believe FRAYDO's claim for the time being.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

FRAYDO - (Alignment Cop)

26 minutes ago, Jeod said:

At this moment, I still think FRAYDO is the better option to lynch.

wtf.gif

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

For clarification regarding my night PM result, initially I only received information regarding my action and nothing else. Later I would receive an update to my PM indicating I have lost my passive ability.

Your avatar makes me think you're some sort of Public Relations A.I. Is it supposed to be you? If so, I've pictured you much, much differently.