[Game Over] CYOR - Halloween Edition

TheIrishman

Just now, kamuixmod said:

There, you've done it. Got on my pc now instead of texting in my bed to actually prevent another stupid lynch like last CYOR on Day 1 that only got me mad on the stupidity of some people.

I wasn't about to allow it to continue, you know. There's a reason I gave you a possible roleclaim on a silver platter. It has too many holes in it to be true.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I don't know if there's anything so special about visit notifications. It's possible TiM isn't consistent with reports like that, and it's possible the roles are meant to be that way. In any case, there are probably better fish to fry than Kamuixmod today. That was a very easy bandwagon btw.

It's possible TiM isn't consistent. Which is why I think that we should forcus on the people discussing this instead of on GM guessing. (''Why don't you do it yourself you jolly wanker?'' Because I'm also doing work atm.)

1 minute ago, kamuixmod said:

There, you've done it. Got on my pc now instead of texting in my bed to actually prevent another stupid lynch like last CYOR on Day 1 that only got me mad on the stupidity of some people.

I'm not even going to vote anybody until I return tomorrow. :v Or at least, if I don't make it, then my vote may not be the deciding thing in a town vs scum scenario, additionally, I'm actually interested in the penalty I'd get if I don't vote, but I do not intend on going that way.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Why are you so curious? And why did you jump on the bandwagon?

Kamuixmod claims something which stands out from the pattern. The pattern being people not receiving any information on whether or not their actions went through, as well as not receiving information whether they've been targeted or not.

Meaning:

1. He's lying;
  2. He's not lying, and indeed he was watched tonight.

We can verify that easily, because he wasn't the only person involved. You were the other.

As long as you refuse to verify, I'm going to assume that he's lying, and that's why my vote.

I don't see what the confusion is. Just look at what he said.

16 minutes ago, kamuixmod said:

It just told me i got watched, so dont question me but question Tim instead then.

Not "I was told Chop watched me." Not "I was told Chop is a watcher/tracker." Just "I was watched." All we knew up to this point was that Choppy visited Kam.

Isn't it a little too convenient that Kam specifically got a notification when nobody else did?

Granted, it's entirely possible that this was another whoopsie on TIM's part. Until that's confirmed though, I'm counting the circumstances as "suspicious."

I doubt it will be confirmed/denied, and it shouldn't be. The fact that Kamuixmod received a PM could be due to an ability he has or an ability ChopBam has. There's no need for TIM to make a confirmation.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I doubt it will be confirmed/denied, and it shouldn't be. The fact that Kamuixmod received a PM could be due to an ability he has or an ability ChopBam has. There's no need for TIM to make a confirmation.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

While I think it's not the greatest that you pointed some of these things out to him so he could take it and use them if need be, he's not made such a claim. Even in less than ideal circumstances, if he'd do so, it'd at least move the needle.  The only reason I'm still as much on the fence as I am is because if you guys were scum you could probably use the scum doc to coordinate an excuse better than these postings, or something.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

While I think it's not the greatest that you pointed some of these things out to him so he could take it and use them if need be, he's not made such a claim. Even in less than ideal circumstances, if he'd do so, it'd at least move the needle.  The only reason I'm still as much on the fence as I am is because if you guys were scum you could probably use the scum doc to coordinate an excuse better than these postings, or something.

As I said, the specific possibility I mentioned has several obscure circumstantial holes in it, which is why I put it on the table. Hyenas will lunge for scraps of food before they realize it's rotten.

Just now, Jeod said:

As I said, the specific possibility I mentioned has several obscure circumstantial holes in it, which is why I put it on the table. Hyenas will lunge for scraps of food before they realize it's rotten.

It's a fair point, and as I always say, it's best to lay EVERYTHING out in the open. That said, what's much more convincing is an alternative theory, rather than just waving your hands in front of the best thing we have going "No no, here's a small flaw."

Propose something with less flaws, then.

You're missing the point. I'm not suggesting Voe is incorrect, I'm searching for more information before I decide how to cast my vote. I decided to go about doing so by suggesting a possibility to counter the proposed theory, albeit with a few holes I could think of that would easily rip it to shreds if it gained traction. From my point of view, either kamuixmod, being in his "sleepy" state of mind, would latch onto it, thus be cornered, or I would be confronted by potential scum/alert townies for "offering kam a way out".

It worked, a little.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You're missing the point. I'm not suggesting Voe is incorrect, I'm searching for more information before I decide how to cast my vote. I decided to go about doing so by suggesting a possibility to counter the proposed theory, albeit with a few holes I could think of that would easily rip it to shreds if it gained traction. From my point of view, either kamuixmod, being in his "sleepy" state of mind, would latch onto it, thus be cornered, or I would be confronted by potential scum/alert townies for "offering kam a way out".

It worked, a little.

Well I'm all for caution, I mean, I'm notorious for agonizing over where I put my vote. I guess I'm just a bit defensive because so many people decided to target me, not the least of which is this potential randomizer.

As I said earlier, Kam isn't the only suspect in my book. After dinner I'll put together a more complete list that will kind of double as a reads list.

It worked, a little.

If your method cannot differentiate between scum and alert townies, it's a bad method :|

I've been in this situation before. When ChopBam was super protective of his role and super aggressive in defence. I tagged him scum and pushed the game towards a town loss because, apparently, he was a cop and thought that claiming would be unwise. 

Just now, Voe said:

If your method cannot differentiate between scum and alert townies, it's a bad method :|

I've been in this situation before. When ChopBam was super protective of his role and super aggressive in defence. I tagged him scum and pushed the game towards a town loss because, apparently, he was a cop and thought that claiming would be unwise. 

Not to me; it tells me who I should pay closer attention to when scumreading.

So what's your role then? Are you going to be super protective and super aggressive? We've both claimed to take no night action, after all.

3 minutes ago, Killing You said:

And ninja'd. What a surprise.

:v Is you getting ninja'd a new ''Fraydo gets bullied by the RNG''?

Also, result PM get. I fully embraced PolanLitwa during the night. Additional warmth for that Galicia of his.

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

:v Is you getting ninja'd a new ''Fraydo gets bullied by the RNG''?

I hope not. FRAYDO's rivalry with RNGesus has way more interesting results than mild annoyance.

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Also, result PM get. I fully embraced PolanLitwa during the night. Additional warmth for that Galicia of his.

Did you get a notification about my visit?

Just now, Killing You said:

I hope not. FRAYDO's rivalry with RNGesus has way more interesting results than mild annoyance.

Did you get a notification about my visit?

Nope. Just that I succeeded in the greatest friendly hug of all time.

So what's your role then? Are you going to be super protective and super aggressive? We've both claimed to take no night action, after all.

My role is gimmicky. I have a bunch of abilities, but those require "charges". I will disclose how I gain those charges when I get any. All i can say for now is that it depends on other players and not on me.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

My role is gimmicky. I have a bunch of abilities, but those require "charges". I will disclose how I gain those charges when I get any. All i can say for now is that it depends on other players and not on me.

Now I wonder how you'd get a charge. It can't be a player visit, since Nodlied visited you. Unless his hugs are roleblocks.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

1 minute ago, Voe said:

it depends on other players and not on me.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

it depends on other players

The grand hugging event needs to continue its course!

1 minute ago, Nodlied said:

The grand hugging event needs to continue its course!

They're all day actions. If you roleblock me overnight, all you do is take away my bulletproof.

Thanks, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

They're all day actions. If you roleblock me overnight, all you do is take away my bulletproof.

Thanks, I guess.

I don't rollblock with the hugging. Hugs are possitive! :D