[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

If the Defender successfully defends against the attacker (his Defence is greater than Attack), and he has an attack value greater than the attacker's defense, he can counterattack back.

From the duel tutorial.

Voe has an attack of zero, I have a defense of zero. I don't know if being equal is important.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'm curious about what sort of effect it would have on game play if you gave an offensive stance a defense value of 1 so you could attempt to counterattack characters with 0 defense?

mafia edit: 0 offense not defense, it would make sense if you could also counterattack with an offensive stance if your opponent wasn't threatening you.

12 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

mafia edit: 0 offense not defense, it would make sense if you could also counterattack with an offensive stance if your opponent wasn't threatening you.

Yea this is why I was reluctant to give offensive and defensive stances even one point of attack/ defense points so that they could be still valid in situations like these.

33 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

If the Defender successfully defends against the attacker (his Defence is greater than Attack), and he has an attack value greater than the attacker's defense, he can counterattack back.

From the duel tutorial.

Voe has an attack of zero, I have a defense of zero. I don't know if being equal is important.

Well let's resolve to find out, shall we?

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Yea this is why I was reluctant to give offensive and defensive stances even one point of attack/ defense points so that they could be still valid in situations like these.

Yeah, I can see the obvious balancing issues that could pop up immediately, but I find it a bit odd that your character can rest instead of attacking and your opponent can't take advantage of the situation immediately if they're in the offensive stance.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Just to make certain, but if you entered a defensive stance while your opponent was in an offensive stance, then your opponent would counter attack your character like Retal did for Voe  when he entered Centered of Being?

I'll show it after we resolve this first.

There's so much RNG involved in this...GG FRAYDO.

From what it looks like, you're better off going in a default stance more often since you will be both given the chance to counterattack and decrease the dmg through defense, while still getting a decent hit in if your opponent is in offense.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

What do you guys think should happen if Retal rolls anything other than 0?

Instant death.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

There's so much RNG involved in this...GG FRAYDO.

From what it looks like, you're better off going in a default stance more often since you will be both given the chance to counterattack and decrease the dmg through defense, while still getting a decent hit in if your opponent is in offense.

In most cases yes, not only that but it's the least stamina intensive stance to maintain  so it should be your default stance. But once you deal some damage to your opponent, your odds of killing them by entering an offensive stance significantly increase like Retal did once he could attack.

5 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

But the question is. Can you counter attack someone who has not attacked at all?

This is not a miss, Voe isn't technically attacking.

I say no counter attack if someone didn't attack.  Just let it go to the next turn.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

But the question is. Can you counter attack someone who has not attacked at all?

This is not a miss, Voe isn't technically attacking.

If that's the case, then should the opponent wait for them to recover their stamina? But we're treating it as turn based, the way I understand it is:

SP - Standby Phase, A - Attack Phase,  Counterattack*

The Standby Phase is the start of your turn where you can edit your stance and choose your actions

The Attack Phase is where the actual result takes place

And Counterattack is optional depending if your opponent's defense is higher than your attack.

If you don't attack, then there is no Counterattack.