[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

RS is +0 with +30 stamina.

Voe's FM is a +1 with ##disarming slash

Voe's Strength is 1*Roll.

As Retaliation has 0 Defense, Voe needs his Attack outcome to be 42 or greater to win.

The max dice roll is 10, which makes the formula (0+10+10) [0+(1*10)+(1*10)]. So, the max attack Voe can do this turn is 20.

Assuming Voe also has a FC action, which is currently unknown, he could do more damage.

Am I close?

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

He still can. But it will require at least two very lucky turns for him.

If he can stop Retal from attacking him this turn, then he should be able to just play the odds and kill him with an offensive stance next turn since he's practically defenseless.

Just now, Jeod said:

RS is +0 with +30 stamina.

Voe's FM is a +1 with ##disarming slash

Voe's Strength is 1*Roll.

As Retaliation has 0 Defense, Voe needs his Attack outcome to be 42 or greater to win.

The max dice roll is 10, which makes the formula (0+10+10) [0+(1*10)+(1*10)]. So, the max attack Voe can do this turn is 20.

Assuming Voe also has a FC action, which is currently unknown, he could do more damage.

Am I close?

Voe can't attack this turn at all, the ##Center of Being has no attack and doesn't give a bonus for strength or dexterity.

He needs to wait it out and hope Retail will miss. On the 5th turn, he can then strike back.

13 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I thought the challenged player goes first?

12 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I can't seem to find why I thought this. Oh well.

You weren't imagining it. It was written like that in the PM character sheets. :p

"##Challenge <player> - if you don't have a Sith vote on you currently, you can challenge a player for a Duel (if that player accepts, the duel will start sooner with challenged player starting)"

18 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

You weren't imagining it. It was written like that in the PM character sheets. :p

"##Challenge <player> - if you don't have a Sith vote on you currently, you can challenge a player for a Duel (if that player accepts, the duel will start sooner with challenged player starting)"

Yea I thought that would demotivate challengers. 

Just now, VERTi60 said:

For you it worked well 10 on first roll. And you can still win.

And then it failed vs a disarmed opponent on neutral stance. I even took damage.

To be fair, Voe basically went for all out offensive in the hopes of killing Retal before he could react, the natural problem being that duels wouldn't be balanced at all if whoever attacked first had a high probability of one-shooting their opponent before they could react.

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Right now the problem is that we're misusing our forms. You're basically adding 1 attack power for 10 stam (twice) which is horrendous value. I'm doing the same for defense.

Well voe actually saved stamina since he attacked twice instead of 2 attacks and defending in between too.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Well voe actually saved stamina since he attacked twice instead of 2 attacks and defending in between too.

Oh definitely, but you can't rely on rolling a ten every combat round!

I feel like forms are for when you are just away from some sort of threshold and have the stamina advantage. Like my ward meant that if voe used jedi ready he would need to roll a 9 or 10 to kill me.