[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Jeod said:

(Don't mind me, I'm just sithposting)

It's fine but please note that starting Day 1 shitposting during duel is prohibited, and basically ALL posting from all other players. I'll be penalizing by either removing a portion of HP or FP.

nb6uP0z.png

Normally this turn Retaliation would be attacking but since Voe disarmed him it's still @Voe 's turn.

Also, notice how Stamina is depleted even though you are just defending. You have to thus think ahead and calculate what would happen if you run out of Stamina on your Defense turn for example, and then have none on your Attack turn.

3XH0m9E.png

Now we have an interesting situation after the rolls, and I have highlighted Voe's Attack green with Retaliation's Defense. If the Attack isn't greater than the Defense, then the attack automatically fails (there's no damage).

Furthermore, Retaliation can also counterattack during successful Defense, since he has an attack value and voe has no defensive value (marked as red).

Can you guess the outcome?

Just now, Voe said:

Question: does counterattack happen always or only on a complete block?

Only if the attack fails, and no damage is dealt. I made this condition so that players would be motivated to go for offense instead of just doing balanced all the time, where there would be always chance to counter back.

mo4Wb8g.png

Since Retaliation cast a Combat Force action, let's resolve that first.

Depending on your roll, ##Enlarge Force will give the user that much amount of HP, FP (-1 the casting value) and Stamina.

Notice that in case of Combat Force Actions, you can go overload your original values, but only if it doesn't say/determine the max.

Note: Overload values go back to normal after battle though.

cu0vIy8.png

You may wonder what ##Shii-Cho Ward does. Unlike ##Disarming Slash, it doesn't have any Critical Bonus. However, it does have a passive bonus: It reduces the damage done to its user by the current Dice Roll. Those darn constitutionists and their health bonuses! :D

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Shouldn't Voe have gotten a chance to change his stance for turn 3 also, after Retal?

You can only do stuff when you're attacking, that was established.

This is because the gameplay is faster if we don't have to wait twice as much for a player to react, and also it gives a bit strategic value to the Duel, as in, you need to plan ahead.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

You can only do stuff when you're attacking, that was established.

I have to admit, it doesn't particularly seem very fair to whoever get's initiative in that case then, unless they can one-shot their opponent before they can counterattack.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I have to admit, it doesn't particularly seem very fair to whoever get's initiative in that case then, unless they can one-shot their opponent before they can counterattack.

Or at the very least, it's a really bad idea to open up with an offensive stance.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Or at the very least, it's a really bad idea to open up with an offensive stance.

You can OTK an enemy in some instances, and with higher level Form Maneuvers, it's even easier.

But yea you can decide to play it safe and don't open with Offensive, it's up to you how you want to play :D

Just now, Shade939 said:

It seems alright. Reduces chance of counter attack and your enemy is going to be so low that attacking back effectively will be hard.

Voe's problem is he overextended his stamina so that I have an opening to attack back.

Let's move on to Turn 4:

EmNT6uH.png

Let's look at voe's situation. He's attacking, but no Stamina left. (Note that you never go to negative value)

If you don't have enough Stamina for your last Maneuver, it will get removed automatically, and if you don't even have Stamina for your last Ready Stance, you will be switched to "Center of Being" Stance, which is a meditative State where you can't attack nor defend, in order to replenish Stamina by 30.

It's sometimes crucial to calculate when you get to this state, as if you are low on health you are risking defeat. However, not all is lost!

@Voecan choose if he wants to use his Force Combat Action, or proceed.