[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm not bothered either way. I do want to know how combat works so that I have a bit of info for the rest of the game.

How about this? Why doesn't everyone pick a partner and we have a mass sparring match?

Depending on how much GM input is needed for the duel phase, that might actually work out rather well.

10 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Yeah but Indiana Solo doesn't get a lightsaber so it all works out.

Hugh, referencing a character who uses a whip as his main weapon might not have been the best idea now that I think about it...

Also, #Solo.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Depending on how much GM input is needed for the duel phase, that might actually work out rather well.

I'd be up for this, dibs on fighting Cat5. Though considering it's a turn-based combat system, I don't think we be able to do a mass sparring match. At least, without putting a lot of stress on Vert.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Soooo... I'm not sure I know how this force balance meter works, but a mass duel sure sounds like a good way to push it to the dark side!

I wouldn't' worry about the FB quite yet, everything that happens during the tutorial phase shouldn't really carry over to D1 of the actual game so we can focus on learning the new game mechanics for now.

Soooo... I'm not sure I know how this force balance meter works, but a mass duel sure sounds like a good way to push it to the dark side!

The first duel is just a practice round, it shouldn't affect the FBI considering there's no actual result to it. I'm assuming the FBI works kind of like the World Tension meter that we used in two previous games, in that if a Jedi dies, it'll move towards the Dark Side since there would be less Light Side users. And if a Sith dies, it'll move towards the Light Side since there would be less Dark Side users.

I was just thinking that in the description it said that "actions" could influence the FBI too, so that makes it sound more open ended. It's like Yoda said in the Clone Wars, the jedi were risking losing themselves and letting the dark side win just by fighting the war at all.

I was just thinking that in the description it said that "actions" could influence the FBI too, so that makes it sound more open ended. It's like Yoda said in the Clone Wars, the jedi were risking losing themselves and letting the dark side win just by fighting the war at all.

Someone else will have to answer how RPG like this game actually is, but for the most part the "actions" will be a night time force ability that probably shifts the FBI by about 5-20% for every dark side action the Sith undertake in one night. And we'll probably have a couple of limited counter abilities that allow us to shift it back the other way to an extent.

3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

What if there are no sith and we just have to find the people who couldn't resist tampering with the dark side?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Someone else will have to answer how RPG like this game actually is, but for the most part the "actions" will be a night time force ability that probably shifts the FBI by about 5-20% for every dark side action the Sith undertake in one night. And we'll probably have a couple of limited counter abilities that allow us to shift it back the other way to an extent.

The section on training powers might be of interest, as well.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It isn't just practice for us, but also VERTi60 who needs to test a new system before things matter and blow up in his face.

That has literally never* happened in the history of BHP mafia, and I was never party to those games that never happened.

Voe vs me is probably a good test in the end, because I feel we've built our characters in very different ways.

*lies

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I bet it would be, because you are scum #2, amirite?

Well, you have to admit I would certainly be surprised in that case. :p

Although, it would be a weird game if the only way for a scum player to be in game was if they choose to become one.

I think any light Jedi can move the force balance to the left, Kotor-style. Make evil decisions and it'll move. This is why we need to off Voe soon after the game starts. Starting light or dark, it doesn't matter. He'll move the FBI to the left.

OTOH by saying this, you might be trying to gently nudge unsuspecting Jedi toward the lures of the dark side. Hmmm.

By reverse psychology? It certainly is in their nature.  While I'd recommend against the dark side, for obvious reasons, I fully suspect some people won't be able to contain themselves.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Well, you have to admit I would certainly be surprised in that case. :p

Although, it would be a weird game if the only way for a scum player to be in game was if they choose to become one.

While strange, yes, there's precedent.  The Stein;s Gate Quantum Mafia, in theory.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I think any light Jedi can move the force balance to the left, Kotor-style. Make evil decisions and it'll move. This is why we need to off Voe soon after the game starts. Starting light or dark, it doesn't matter. He'll move the FBI to the left.

Well, antagonizing him before he's even done anything doesn't help. (I know this from experience)