[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

He's clearly Jedi Makise Kurisu, obviously. :p

(It's a hilarious image, one which I don't want to dispel)

I wouldn't doubt that he'd actually create a character like that, but like, what would he put in the backstory? "Makise Kurisu attempted to use the Time Machine instead of Hououin Kyouma, causing the World Lines to drastically shift, causing the Time Machine to malfunction, launching her to a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Upon arrival she was picked up by a Jedi Knight who noticed that she was sensitive in the Force."

6 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I meant Jedi in the generic way. We're all Jedi, whether good or bad. There's the Light, the Gray, and the Dark. The Sith are mostly just Jedi who've gone to the Dark Side (excluding the actual Sith race). Unless we go back to the times of the Je'daii Order, everyone should be a Jedi. It wasn't meant to be a claim, just an exclamation towards childhood fantasies. But I can second that feeling, Cat5, so I'm not opposed to hitting you with my plasma swords. And it'll be a fair fight since my character isn't meant for combat either. Plus I'm interested to see what you came up with for your character's backstory considering that you know next to nothing about Star Wars. I'd vote myself to be Champion, but it's not like it really matters.

##vote Champion Category 5 Hurricane

##vote sith TheIrishman

Well, since Irish isn't objecting either.

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I wouldn't doubt that he'd actually create a character like that, but like, what would he put in the backstory? "Makise Kurisu attempted to use the Time Machine instead of Hououin Kyouma, causing the World Lines to drastically shift, causing the Time Machine to malfunction, launching her to a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Upon arrival she was picked up by a Jedi Knight who noticed that she was sensitive in the Force."

Some of us are going to be sensible and some of us are going to be silly. I'd rate that more highly than what I'd expect *some* of us came up with, heh. I'll not name names until proven one way or the other, though.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Some of us are going to be sensible and some of us are going to be silly. I'd rate that more highly than what I'd expect *some* of us came up with, heh. I'll not name names until proven one way or the other, though.

Yeah, I probably spent way too much time developing my character. Even going so far as to create several different variants of him according to which stage in his life he was at. After making him, it kind of makes me want to play a D&D game with him but Star Wars edition.

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I actually find it interesting that TheIrishman found that attack had enough merit to it that he felt he needed to explain himself.

I can't think of a time where I haven't responded to an accusation :v

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It isn't literally Kurisu Makise in Star Wars because Time Machines. The character I made just resembles her.

I'd guess an AI version of Kurisu via Amadeus instead, but robots don't have access to the force since they're not living. Either way, looking forward to see what you came up with.

I didn't spent a whole lot of time creating my character. I basically picked my stats, decided on an appropriate backstory, send. Perhaps in a future Star Wars game I'll put more into the character, but for now, I'm functional and that's what matters most.

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

After making him, it kind of makes me want to play a D&D game with him but Star Wars edition.

Check out Traveller. It's like D&D but with space feudalism and exploration. It's a flexible system that has about anything you can imagine looking for, ranging from hard sci-fi, to psionics, to good old monster of the week adventure.

11 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote sith TheIrishman

##vote Champion Category5

[Vote Counted] Category 5 voted TheIrishman to be the Sith in the Duel!

10 hours ago, Shade939 said:

##vote Champion Category5

[Vote Counted] Category 5 voted Category 5 to be the Champion in the Duel!

9 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

##vote Champion Category 5 Hurricane

[Vote Counted] TheIrishman voted Category 5 to be the Champion in the Duel!

8 hours ago, Shade939 said:

##vote sith TheIrishman

[Vote Counted] Shade939 voted TheIrishman to be the Sith in the Duel!

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

##challenge Sunflower

[Challenge] Jeod challenged Sunflower in the Duel!

wZCZ4Hn.png

A little explanation to the CVC which is now ready to be displayed in this final form. Those of you who played my games over at BHP will most likely know what's going on, those of you who played the Death Note will find similarities as well.

Note that Champions and Siths are tracked separately as the voting mechanic suggests, so you can always see who has the most votes in which category. Note that there is no hammer (mechanic to end the voting phase early if the majority of the votes fall for one player) for neither of the vote column. 

The last column indicates the challenged player, this player has to respond to the challenger.

You can also notice few other things. We will track Health (max is 100, but some beings or constitution can increase health during battle), and Force Points (once again default is 100, but some actions can increase it). When the Council is over, only the Duelants will be tracked for Health and Force Points, everyone else will not see anyone's stats anymore until next Council Meeting. This is because many of the Night actions can change these attributes.

Health represents your life force, there's not much else to explain, if you reach 0, you'll die. You can also be eliminated in Duel though, so don't forget about that (more about Duel elimination will be explained, once again, when the tutorial for the Duel starts).

Force Points basically limit you how many actions you can perform during either Night/Rest Phase or Duel itself, although in Duel the actions are much cheaper. You can restore the Force Points when you rest and not doing anything during Night/Rest phase.

Besides the time and Day tracker at the bottom and player counts, there is one important indicator on top represented by the opposing Lightsabers. This is the Force Balance Indicator (FBI for short, no pun intended), which represents the state of the game. To put it simply, the redder you see, the more of the Dark Side the Force has become. This can be caused by various actions and also by the amount of opposing Jedi with Light Force. This is why you have to find and eliminate Sith before the Balance of the Force is overrun by the Dark Side.

17 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I agree with Category 5 that we shouldn't overrule the will of the Council lightly. Fighting is not the jedi way my friend!

#rejected #sorry

Just so you know, I think you have to use the decline hashtag to make it official, though I'm getting a kick out of your snarky hashtags as well.