[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

By reverse psychology? It certainly is in their nature.  While I'd recommend against the dark side, for obvious reasons, I fully suspect some people won't be able to contain themselves.

Yep but it's also kinda like "hey guys, remember there's dark side powers you can learn. it's totally dangerous though, so definitely don't do that. *wink* *wink*"

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

No, this is just my natural need to point out all the possible alternatives to Shade's theory. You'll know something's up if I'm ever in complete agreement with him ;)

I'm still curious why you'd consider it a possible alternative theory that there isn't already a Sith in the game though?

Just now, Retaliation said:

It took me awhile but I think it's the bar between the two lightsabers on top. So mostly green with a hint of red.

Exactly, at the very least we already have one character in game with access to dark side abilities.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, which as far as I can tell, tells me absolutely nothing about the state of the game. It could be the lowest that meter can be. So why is Shade so sure that the bar proves there are Sith in the game right now?

If you notice the black line on the bottom of "lightsabre blades", that shows you how low or high it can actually go where it shifts colors near the ends.

Excuse me? What? 

Now you seem to know that "Dark Side abilities" effect this "FBI"?

That part is my own theory at the moment, but based on the color ratios about 1/12 of that bar is red as compared to green right now.

What I take issue with is Shade's use of the word "proof".  I'm inclined to agree that the sith bar is filled a little bit, but we don't actually know that, or what it means, or if that could still be 0.  There are still conclusions being jumped to. That said, my point was simply that no sith can't be ruled out at this point, not that it was likely or anything.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Excuse me? What? 

Now you seem to know that "Dark Side abilities" effect this "FBI"?

I guess we don't know for sure, but actions can influence it and we know that using dark powers can send jedi down the dark path. So it makes sense IMO.

1/12 would be a tiny mafia team for a VERTi60 game. He'd be relying on either Jedi volunteering to switch sides or a mafia-cult mechanic to increase the mafia size.

It would be very thematic for a single Sith Lord to try and corrupt the council and the Chosen One as his new apprentice.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It would be very thematic for a single Sith Lord to try and corrupt the council and the Chosen One as his new apprentice.

What about the Rule of Two? :p

I'm really caught up on how he's saying that we know that 1/12 people have "dark side abilities" when I have no idea how FBi is determined or moved.

He thinks the sith bar is 1/12 filled, and thinks that means there's at least one sith (or someone with dark side abilities). It's guesswork. Guesswork that makes reasonable sense, but it's not like he has secret info I'm pretty sure.

What about the Rule of Two? :p

He thinks the sith bar is 1/12 filled, and thinks that means there's at least one sith (or someone with dark side abilities). It's guesswork. Guesswork that makes reasonable sense, but it's not like he has secret info I'm pretty sure.

Hence why I'm really uncertain about claiming only 1 of us is a Sith for certain, instead of that being the minimum number.

But why single out "Dark Side abilities" instead of saying "Sith"? Does he know that Dark Side abilities move the FBI meter? Afterall, it might make more sense that there are multiple Sith but only one currently has a dark side ability.

Well, there's the option for anyone to learn dark side abilities. There's got to be some risk vs reward balance to it. It's a guess, but one I'd put my bet on, that learning said powers hasten the rise of the dark side force balance. Again, we don't know this for sure, but it just makes sense.  It'll certainly be a part of my working body of theory.

Well, there's the option for anyone to learn dark side abilities. There's got to be some risk vs reward balance to it. It's a guess, but one I'd put my bet on, that learning said powers hasten the rise of the dark side force balance. Again, we don't know this for sure, but it just makes sense.  It'll certainly be a part of my working body of theory.

And Orange has now managed to do a better job of explaining my own theories than I would probably do. ;)

Just now, Shade939 said:

And Orange has now managed to do a better job of explaining my own theories than I would probably do. ;)

We've had arguments about things for how long now? Several years? I've gotten pretty good at translating what you say into what you actually mean by now. :p;)

"Theories" is one thing, but you seem to have more "knowledge" than "theory". You are presenting these "theories" as if you already know they are true. 

I'll vouch for him.  That's just how he is.  Most of my disagreements with him often come over technicalities and the like, such as my disagreement here, where he called these things proven and evidence when they're really just theory and guesswork.  It's been years and I've not gotten him any closer to being any less stubborn :p