[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The problem is, after that performance, everyone suspects me of being a scum-sided player now. It's thwarted my last few scum runs because so much heat has been on me from D1.  I welcome the chance to be a town player and prove I'm just as useful as town, and/or show people I'm unbiased.

Maybe you just act like a scum player in general? :p You certainly managed to make me suspicious just by throwing out an assumption that there are no sith in game.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Maybe you just act like a scum player in general? :p You certainly managed to make me suspicious just by throwing out an assumption that there are no sith in game.

It's not an assumption, it's a possibility.  That's the key difference between you and I.  I talk about possibilities, you talk about assumptions ;)

50 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yes, it says that.  But that could mean the slider moves.  That could mean eventually you become a sith if you do it too much. It could mean other things as well.  It most certainly doesn't give exact points value.  Therefore it's a bit open ended.

Ummm no. I don't think it's open ended at all. Dark side powers are dangerous and corrupting, and if a Jedi tries to use them, they will become increasingly dark until they're "more machine than man." Any other explanation is suspicious for attempting to make the dark side out as something other than the malevolent thing that it is. 

4 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Ummm no. I don't think it's open ended at all. Dark side powers are dangerous and corrupting, and if a Jedi tries to use them, they will become increasingly dark until they're "more machine than man." Any other explanation is suspicious for attempting to make the dark side out as something other than the malevolent thing that it is. 

I am a man of detail.  I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm just saying what particular flavor of bad is unknown.

Don't make me start arguing with you like I argue with Shade :v

(At least we're having productive D0 conversations, eh gang?)

14 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

While suspicious, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a scum player for certain. There are a couple of possibilities I can think of that would explain his suspicious behavior without him being a scum player.

Just now, Shade939 said:

While suspicious, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a scum player for certain. There are a couple of possibilities I can think of that would explain his suspicious behavior without him being a scum player.

True. I mean tbh I'm suspicious of several people so far. Some moreso than others.

I don't believe it's possible for us to become Sith with the dark side powers. Instead, I believe that bit of info to be referring to the force balance. My reason for this is that I requested a "Gray" role with the possibility of becoming a Sith if I make the wrong choices, yet with goals that would keep me from being too "Jedi". I was told by Verti60 that I couldn't do that kind of role.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I don't believe it's possible for us to become Sith with the dark side powers. Instead, I believe that bit of info to be referring to the force balance. My reason for this is that I requested a "Gray" role with the possibility of becoming a Sith if I make the wrong choices, yet with goals that would keep me from being too "Jedi". I was told by Verti60 that I couldn't do that kind of role.

Ryuk isn't in this game :p

Just now, Jeod said:

I'd believe that as a possibility, although I'd still be worried about Sith having some sort of ability that would corrupt a player over to there side based on how many dark side abilities they have.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'd believe that as a possibility, although I'd still be worried about Sith having some sort of ability that would corrupt a player over to there side based on how many dark side abilities they have.

Yeah, and this is a Verti game.  Anything is possible in a Verti game.  I imagine the top tier powers are probably truly OP.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah, and this is a Verti game.  Anything is possible in a Verti game.  I imagine the top tier powers are probably truly OP.

I can't wait to find out :v

Just now, Voe said:

I can't wait to find out :v

Is that an admission you're going to the dark side? :v

Just now, Sunflower said:

Also I feel like saying that I object to the challenge letting people off the hook on voting. That's a major disadvantage in info whenever a challenge happens.

This is a pretty astute observation.  Granted, once we get rolling people *might* settle down (not sure on the betting odds of it), but the votes are a good way we get information and shouldn't be run ramshod over.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Also I feel like saying that I object to the challenge letting people off the hook on voting. That's a major disadvantage in info whenever a challenge happens.

The downside is your opponent has to accept your challenge though, which it's going to be fairly difficult to find a situation where that would happen, plus everyone will immediately become suspicious of whoever survives the duel.

Is that an admission you're going to the dark side? :v

Since Retail built his character on his own, I'll probably flip soon enough :v

And unlike the regular Champion vs. Sith duel where everyone votes, you are not immune to having to fight again the next night so you don't have a free night period to recover your HP or FP from the last fight like you would if you went though the vote instead.

It's a practice round, unless you're feeling you're up for a repeat D1 :p

We'll see how relevant my +1 damage modifier is in combat. If it really is something groundbreaking I can volunteer to champion for town from then on.

Only the champion gets immunity I think? We can vote someone sith over and over again I believe.  If not, the game is kind of borked if we actually do find a sith.

Last I heard it's only the champion, so unless Verti decided to change the rules from when he said that. On that note, we actually need two champions for this game instead of just one to alternate between, and possibly more depending on how fast they can recover from their injuries.

40 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

image.thumb.png.da7fc463288950dd4a2081d6

Sorry, with this looming over me I can't read anything you say seriously. :v

16 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'm inclined to agree with this. If more people happened to choose to fiddle with the dark side, the town would just die with no chance because the sith would outnumber them without any coordination or strategy.

Just now, Voe said:

Retail

Have your pick.

Retail-WhatWeDo-img2.jpg

Just now, ChopBam said:

Have your pick.

Retail-WhatWeDo-img2.jpg

I know what I said and I did it on purpose, you prick.

Reminds me of my time in England when people kept correcting me anytime i tried making a joke. Because, you know, I'm a foreigner so clearly i don't know what i'm talking about.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I'm inclined to agree with this. If more people happened to choose to fiddle with the dark side, the town would just die with no chance because the sith would outnumber them without any coordination or strategy.

Verti is big on punishing 'dumb' town players though :v

1 minute ago, Voe said:

We'll see how relevant my +1 damage modifier is in combat. If it really is something groundbreaking I can volunteer to champion for town from then on.

This actually just made me remember something though.  I don't want to go into too much detail right now, but my own bonus would suggest there are third parties/npcs/"grey" factions.... maybe...

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Last I heard it's only the champion, so unless Verti decided to change the rules from when he said that. On that note, we actually need two champions for this game instead of just one to alternate between, and possibly more depending on how fast they can recover from their injuries.

Basically, no one is immune to be voted as Sith in Jedi Council, not even the Champion. However you can't vote same Champion to fight twice in row in the Duel.