[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, TheIrishman said:

If that's the case, then should the opponent wait for them to recover their stamina? But we're treating it as turn based, the way I understand it is:

SP - Standby Phase, A - Attack Phase,  Counterattack*

The Standby Phase is the start of your turn where you can edit your stance and choose your actions

The Attack Phase is where the actual result takes place

And Counterattack is optional depending if your opponent's defense is higher than your attack.

If you don't attack, then there is no Counterattack.

Seems alright then.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'd say yes, you can't defend yourself unless your opponent is attacking you.

Don't forget you keep your stance when the enemy attacks you, and that's what the Defensive stance is for. To absorb that attack. Once again you are not attacking with Defensive Stance.

Just now, Shade939 said:

The problem is your still paying the stamina cost for your offensive stance though.

I stated in the rules that you'll pay stamina no matter the outcome. It's a little risk based mechanic to pay when things don't play out.

The stamina cost far outweighs the possible damage you can deal though, it makes it an extremely situational based ability that I would only possibly risk if my character had a few HP left and I was hoping to finish off my opponent with a lucky strike.

Just now, Shade939 said:

The stamina cost far outweighs the possible damage you can deal though, it makes it an extremely situational based ability that I would only possibly risk if my character had a few HP left and I was hoping to finish off my opponent with a lucky strike.

Perhaps the stamina cost of the stances should be reduced by 5 to help balance that then?

Alright, so far the only thing that I think I should change is the cost of ##Jedi Ready Stance, with the ##Defensive Stance, so that Defensive is the cheapest (20 Stam) instead of 25.

The reason is that I would like players to use Defensive Stance more for the strategic value of preserving Stam to wait for a good opening.

This is how it would look:

lFS3va0.png

Perhaps the stamina cost of the stances should be reduced by 5 to help balance that then?

I did some tests and I think if I reduce it too much it would be too biased towards Constitution users.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Alright, so far the only thing that I think I should change is the cost of ##Jedi Ready Stance, with the ##Defensive Stance, so that Defensive is the cheapest (20 Stam) instead of 25.

The reason is that I would like players to use Defensive Stance more for the strategic value of preserving Stam to wait for a good opening.

This is how it would look:

lFS3va0.png

Well, I do have to agree that it didn't make sense to use Defensive to preserve stamina when Jedi Ready cost more.

And making the difference between Jedi Ready and Offensive only 5 points helps makes the later a bit more viable of an option. Although, you can abuse your opponent using an Offensive stance by entering Center of Being right before they're about to run out of Stamina on their turn still.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I did some tests and I think if I reduce it too much it would be too biased towards Constitution users.

Maybe a more minor decrease then like 2 or 3 points each? Though to be fair, Constitution users don't have much to hurt their opponent with.

Maybe a more minor decrease then like 2 or 3 points each? Though to be fair, Constitution users don't have much to hurt their opponent with.

Their way of winning is to mil opponent to fatigue by preserving their stamina better. 

I think it's fine because a 5 point reduction to stamina cost makes them incredibly good at wearing out their opponents stamina, for the free attack when their opponent has to regain their stamina first.

Oh and I agree with the defense being changed to 20 stamina too. Otherwise I don't see many people using it.

Yea it would be more valid once you fight with Force rather than lightsaber :D

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Let's say the loser also gets the gimmick of Jar Jar too, Misa speaki like theesa!

Again, just kill me in that case. Jar Jar is the epitome of shit-tier characters. The only thing I ever thought was interesting about him was the ridiculous but still somewhat swaying argument that he was Palpatine's master, which made him seem very cunning when looking at him instead of seeing the complete buffoon that he is that with stupid face, the silly way he talks, and his constant clumsiness.