[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Good morning lads! Allow me to get started here with some fair and balanced news.

Spoiler

FP -10

·         Category 5

·         ChopBam

·         FRAYDO

·         Killing You

·         Nodlied

·         OrangeP47

·         Sunflower

FP -20

·         Jeod

·         Retaliation

·         Shade939

·         Voe

FP -40

·         TheIrishMan

Sweet. I used two actions last night: ##Learn and one other action that I won't mention yet. Both cost 10 points. I can say that it appears my second action had no effect.

I can confirm that if the sender of a holo-pad has Charisma that they don't need to wait for acceptance.

I don't want to spoil my skills--element of surprise in duels and all. But, I'm trying to wrap my head around TheIrishMan and Shade939's little spat. Irish said he was Intelligence, but later claimed to be Constitution in line with Shade939. As far as I can tell it isn't possible to change your Knowledge Focus, only your Combat Focus.

So Irish claims to have already learned a Tier 2 force action, which costs 30 FP, leaving him with an additional 10 FP skill that isn't ##Learn. Did anyone else start the game with two different Tier 1 force actions?

Just now, Jeod said:

So Irish claims to have already learned a Tier 2 force action, which costs 30 FP, leaving him with an additional 10 FP skill that isn't ##Learn. Did anyone else start the game with two different Tier 1 force actions?

Nope.

Just now, Jeod said:

Ok, I’ll rephrase: does anyone else have the Intelligence attribute and did they start with two force actions?

Why are you so interested in everyone's stats?

It's role fishing.

Just now, Voe said:

Why are you so interested in everyone's stats?

It's role fishing.

Because in order to learn a Tier 2 force action, one must know two Tier 1 force actions of different attributes. To that end, TheIrishMan claimed to have the Intelligence attribute, giving him one Tier 1 force action to start with. But, since he needs two Tier 1 force actions to learn a Tier 2 action, I postulate that either Intelligence has the benefit of ignoring this condition via separate action, or there's Sith fuckery afoot.

It's basic logic.

10 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I used my Intelligence attribute to learn 2 things, 1 T1 and 1 T2. And I'm starting to think that I'm the only one with intelligence seeing as no one else did the same thing.

TheIrishMan is claiming the former, that his Intelligence attribute allows him to use ##Learn twice in one night. I'm simply asking for anyone else with the same attribute to confirm that. If it can't be confirmed, then it obviously warrants a closer look.

Aand I'm confusing things again. My force orientation is Control. My Knowledge Skill is Charisma, which allows me to bypass a condition that a masonry I request needs to be accepted before a doc is established. TheIrishMan's Knowledge Skill is Intelligence, which apparently lets him learn Force Combat Actions(?) faster.

Just now, Jeod said:

TheIrishMan is claiming the former, that his Intelligence attribute allows him to use ##Learn twice in one night. I'm simply asking for anyone else with the same attribute to confirm that. If it can't be confirmed, then it obviously warrants a closer look.

I can confirm it. I learned two tier 1 actions, though.

Just now, Jeod said:

Was it by choice? As in, do you know if you had the option to learn a Tier 2 action?

I forgot to send the night action and rushed through it to make it in time xd

IIRC I can't see why you'd be able to learn a T2 skill as you need two T1 skills. Technically, you use your lean action twice at the same time, meaning you'll get your additional T1 skill at the same time as the T2 skill, which should be impossible since the descriptions states that you need two T1 skills before you can learn a T2 skill, meaning that going for a T2 skill should be impossible until N1.

There is, of course, the possibility that the description is false and Verti allows such things or the possibility that somebody started with two T1 skills.

19 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Ok, I’ll rephrase: does anyone else have the Intelligence attribute and did they start with two force actions?

I started with a T1 skill, then learned another for 10 FP and learned a T2 for 30 FP >.>

Verti60 can confirm that N0, or even for N1, you are indeed able to learn like that because I asked him :v

The learning doesn't happen at the same time, it's one after another and I'm assuming in order that they're sent.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I started with a T1 skill, then learned another for 10 FP and learned a T2 for 30 FP >.>

Verti60 can confirm that N0, or even for N1, you are indeed able to learn like that because I asked him :v

The learning doesn't happen at the same time, it's one after another and I'm assuming in order that they're sent.

Geez. Coming from the guy who found out how to manipulate the time machine stuff in Steins;Gate Mafia, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Well technically, the PM is sent at one point in time, so it happens at the same time. And the wording in the PM comes down to using the learn action for a T2 skill not being available unless you already have two T1 skills. This is also the reason why I simply went with a T1 skill instead of doing both.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Well technically, the PM is sent at one point in time, so it happens at the same time. And the wording in the PM comes down to using the learn action for a T2 skill not being available unless you already have two T1 skills. This is also the reason why I simply went with a T1 skill instead of doing both.

Technically, but notice how Verti60 said that if you don't have enough FP to resolve your last action, it wouldn't be resolved? That means that actions are resolved in the order that they're sent, at least in my mind, and that why I figured I could learn a T2 skill.

Technically, but notice how Verti60 said that if you don't have enough FP to resolve your last action, it wouldn't be resolved? That means that actions are resolved in the order that they're sent, at least in my mind, and that why I figured I could learn a T2 skill.

Wasn't that meant for the combat phase? In any case the wording is clear. :v

Just now, Nodlied said:

Wasn't that meant for the combat phase? In any case the wording is clear. :v

Nope, it was the N0 tutorial post.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, VERTi60 said:

You also need to watch how much the said night action costs in regards to Force Power, if your cost is higher than you currently have (check the last Day CVC for exact value), your last selected action won't be resolved.

If you have any other questions now you can PM me. And don't forget to PM me your Night Actions once you are certain what you are doing, in one PM.

And since it said that, I asked. After all, if I have Intelligence, I should make the best use of it.

Nope, it was the N0 tutorial post.

And since it said that, I asked. After all, if I have Intelligence, I should make the best use of it.

Jesus Christ you better not be a Sith. I won't tolerate another Steins;Gate scenario. :v