[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I've updated your PM guys, check learning section again. Combat actions are tied to your combat skill, while night actions are tied to your knowledge skill.

Gratification: I appreciate the update

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Point stands then, and is somewhat clarified.  Won't get the same skill unless have the same knowledge or combat focus (depending on the case).

I suppose. If that's the case, then if someone has Intelligence, I can tell them what they'll learn for their T2 Night action if they choose to learn Control - Alter or Alter - Control.

And if I must, I can spoil the T2 Force Combat Action if they have Constitution and learn Control - Alter or Alter - Control.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Cat5 is the only true Hououin Kyouma to me >.> He literally comes to work on almost any day he can dress up wearing a lab coat and proclaiming himself as the crazy mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

What exactly is it you two do, anyway?

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

Sense meditation with the wisdom attribute has a net loss of 40 force points (-50 + 10)

19 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Confused Explanation: Um...because if I tell you the ability I learned and someone else then learned the ability, then that'd mean I couldn't be lying.

I just assumed that they were the same because I have the same 2 Force Combat Actions as Retaliation.

So, why do you have the same force combat action as someone who has the wisdom attribute, when you have the intelligence attribute?

Just now, Shade939 said:

So, why do you have the same force combat action as someone who has the wisdom attribute, when you have the intelligence attribute?

21 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

I've updated your PM guys, check learning section again. Combat actions are tied to your combat skill, while night actions are tied to your knowledge skill.

Rebuttal: We have the same combat skill which gives us the same combat action.

How? Unless Retaliation didn't use his combat ability and I'm thinking about you.

Reduce Injury halves all damage dealt to me when I'm on defense.

Why would you have the same ability as me? I don't have intelligence as my secondary stat, and it's obvious me and Retal have different abilities already despite both being constitution focused.

35 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Vert just explained it.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:12 AM, Retaliation said:

##Offensive

##Enlarge Force

##Shii-Cho Ward

Though the confusion was mostly my fault. I was misremembering. I have the same maneuver as Retaliation, Shii-Cho Ward, and the same Force Combat Action as you, Reduce Injury.

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

##champion Retaliation

[Vote Counted] Retaliation voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

2 hours ago, ChopBam said:

##vote sith Retaliation

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Retaliation to be the Sith in the Duel!

xh9bQcW.png

Vert just explained it.

Though the confusion was mostly my fault. I was misremembering. I have the same maneuver as Retaliation, Shii-Cho Ward, and the same Force Combat Action as you, Reduce Injury.

In which case, I have to ask, why does Retal have a different combat ability from me then if both mine and Irish's are the same?

Just now, Shade939 said:

In which case, I have to ask, why does Retal have a different combat ability from me then if both mine and Irish's are the same?

I think I can answer that too. Last night I learned 1 T1 ability and 1 T2 ability. I choose Alter for my T1 ability which granted me Retaliation's Enlarge Force. Which, if I'm correct, means that you are like me, with Constitution and Control as your starting set.

My guess is that Constitution, Dexterity, and Strength all have different Force Actions, otherwise Alter Meditation would be rather useless. And whichever Force Focus you chose at the beginning, whether it be Control, Sense, or Alter, would grant you a specific starting ability. Wow, if that the case, bravo Vert, that means you had to create at least 21 different Force Actions for us to learn. And that's not even including the Dark Side. Probably one of the reasons the game took so long to set up.

I think I can answer that too. Last night I learned 1 T1 ability and 1 T2 ability. I choose Alter for my T1 ability which granted me Retaliation's Enlarge Force. Which, if I'm correct, means that you are like me, with Constitution and Control as your starting set.

My guess is that Constitution, Dexterity, and Strength all have different Force Actions, otherwise Alter Meditation would be rather useless. And whichever Force Focus you chose at the beginning, whether it be Control, Sense, or Alter, would grant you a specific starting ability. Wow, if that the case, bravo Vert, that means you had to create at least 21 different Force Actions for us to learn. And that's not even including the Dark Side. Probably one of the reasons the game took so long to set up.

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Sense meditation with the wisdom attribute has a net loss of 40 force points (-50 + 10)

I agree that based on his ability, Retal is likely actually an Alter focused character, in which case I really have to ask why he knew about the wisdom attribute?

Wow, if that the case, bravo Vert, that means you had to create at least 21 different Force Actions for us to learn. And that's not even including the Dark Side. Probably one of the reasons the game took so long to set up.

Just a little spoiler here, but right now I have 28 combat actions ready and 28 night actions ready, and I'm not counting special actions, all the special maneuvers, and other stuff.

Although the biggest problem was all the possible combinations that I had to sort out last night :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

I agree that based on his ability, Retal is likely actually an Alter focused character, in which case I really have to ask why he knew about the wisdom attribute?

He could be setup as Constitution (Combat Skill), Alter (Force Focus), and Wisdom (Knowledge Skill).

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Just a little spoiler here, but right now I have 28 combat actions ready and 28 night actions ready, and I'm not counting special actions, all the special maneuvers, and other stuff.

Although the biggest problem was all the possible combinations that I had to sort out last night :v

Well, pretty sure that confirms my hypothesis.

Again, wow, nice job. I don't think I could ever spend that much time making a game. Maybe save this game setup for later because so far it seems very good.

Again, wow, nice job. I don't think I could ever spend that much time making a game. Maybe save this game setup for later because so far it seems very good.

The aim for this game was to make it as open as possible and explore/advance through as you wish.

At this point, if I perfect the mechanics it could be released as a traditional tabletop game.

He could be setup as Constitution (Combat Skill), Alter (Force Focus), and Wisdom (Knowledge Skill).

Well, on the plus side I think everyone now understands how force abilities are assigned at the least. So we can also figure out what night actions someone has and so on. :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

Well, on the plus side I think everyone now understands how force abilities are assigned at the least. So we can also figure out what night actions someone has and so on. :v

Agreed and now that we got that sorted, as long as a player has Constitution, I can tell you what they'll learn for a Control - Alter T2 Force Combat Action or what a player with Intelligence will learn for a Control - Alter T2 Force Night action and we're now certain that the result isn't random.