[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What is Jeod's incorrect theory? I may have missed this.

I believe he's incorrect in stating that the FBI indicates the ratio of Light Side Abilities to Dark Side Abilities known.

Since that honestly doens't make any sense, I think I might be wrong and his actual theory is Dark Side Abilities and Light Side abilities change the FBI based on how many of each ability is used in a night. In which case, unless someone used a learn dark side ability every night, it's feasible we could push the dark side all the way down to zero, or back by just learning more light side abilities.

It's a little far-fetched for my taste, but if you're insistent that my theory on the FBI is incorrect, then you may be reacting naturally to information you know that I am unaware of--or trying to defend something or someone by insisting so. Recall that I currently believe the Rule of Two to be in play (otherwise the Sith side of the FBI shouldn't have doubled overnight). If the FBI's red side increase was due to ##follow dark side or a scum night action, then it would have been a smaller increase.

There are two Sith in play, and at the moment my train of thought says, "if Shade is a Sith, then OrangeP47 is the most likely master/apprentice at the moment".

As I said, far-fetched. But food for thought either way.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I believe he's incorrect in stating that the FBI indicates the ratio of Light Side Abilities to Dark Side Abilities known.

Since that honestly doens't make any sense, I think I might be wrong and his actual theory is Dark Side Abilities and Light Side abilities change the FBI based on how many of each ability is used in a night. In which case, unless someone used a learn dark side ability every night, it's feasible we could push the dark side all the way down to zero, or back by just learning more light side abilities.

My theory is actually something like this:

1) Number of Sith in play = 60% of dark side balance

2) Number of Jedi with dark side abilities = 20% of dark side balance

3) Unknown = 20% of dark side balance

It's a ratio game.

Just now, Jeod said:

There are two Sith in play, and at the moment my train of thought says, "if Shade is a Sith, then OrangeP47 is the most likely master/apprentice at the moment".

The thing is, we're like master and apprentice, but not in this game, so to speak :p

I feel the need to do defend him because I've tried to teach him everything I know about arguing, though if that's a success or failure is up to interpretation.  For what it's worth, I'm leaning towards a third theory of force balance, but I don't have enough to make it a coherently formed thought yet.

So let's say an apprentice was recruited last night. That explains why the Sith side was doubled, also assuming no other players did ##Follow.

Now if we say a Jedi wasn't turned last night, then it means that the FBI probably doesn't have a correlation with the number of Sith in the game and is more dependent on "existing scum" + "presence of dark side" meaning times ##Follow was used. If this is the case, then how many times does ##Follow need to be used to double the D0 Sith side of the FBI? Unless five or six players come out and say "yeah I did that for shits and gigs", it's the more unlikely theory.

Just now, Shade939 said:

You know, if we killed Jeod instead, we could figure out if he's a Sith or not and see if his theory is correct or wrong? :p

Jeod is being consistent with his style of town play.  This is reading as Jedi on Jedi to me.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Jeod is being consistent with his style of town play.  This is reading as Jedi on Jedi to me.

So am I, it's pretty similiar to what he did in the Cuban Missile Crisis, even down to the part where he's accusing me of being scum.

Still, if I'm going to get voted up by Cat5 because of my theory, I'd at least want the same logic applied to Jeod also.

Just now, Jeod said:

So let's say an apprentice was recruited last night. That explains why the Sith side was doubled, also assuming no other players did ##Follow.

Now if we say a Jedi wasn't turned last night, then it means that the FBI probably doesn't have a correlation with the number of Sith in the game and is more dependent on "existing scum" + "presence of dark side" meaning times ##Follow was used. If this is the case, then how many times does ##Follow need to be used to double the D0 Sith side of the FBI? Unless five or six players come out and say "yeah I did that for shits and gigs", it's the more unlikely theory.

I think there's a bigger emphasis on the "unknown" side of things.  For all we know, a side effect of using a dark side power is the balance goes in that direction.  Meaning the balance goes up as long as sith do sith-y things.

Player count probably affects it, but we'll see more of that once duels start to have an effect. I don't think we're facing a cultist type setup.

Just now, Shade939 said:

So am I, it's pretty similiar to what he did in the Cuban Missile Crisis, even down to the part where he's accusing me of being scum.

Still, if I'm going to get voted up by Cat5 because of my theory, I'd at least want the same logic applied to Jeod also.

Still a bit salty about CMCM, btw? ;)

I think there's a bigger emphasis on the "unknown" side of things.  For all we know, a side effect of using a dark side power is the balance goes in that direction.  Meaning the balance goes up as long as sith do sith-y things.

Player count probably affects it, but we'll see more of that once duels start to have an effect. I don't think we're facing a cultist type setup.

If Sith being Sith can double their part of the FBI in one night, then it'll be a fairly short game. Especially if the meter continues to turn to their favor each time a Jedi dies in a duel. It doesn't sit well with me.

Just now, Jeod said:

If Sith being Sith can double their part of the FBI in one night, then it'll be a fairly short game. Especially if the meter continues to turn to their favor each time a Jedi dies in a duel. It doesn't sit well with me.

It's probably linear, not exponential.  That makes it a lot less dire.

6 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Well technically, the PM is sent at one point in time, so it happens at the same time. And the wording in the PM comes down to using the learn action for a T2 skill not being available unless you already have two T1 skills. This is also the reason why I simply went with a T1 skill instead of doing both.

15 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

xh9bQcW.png

So, does anyone else find it suspicious that @Nodlied despite having the ability to learn two force abilities at night only decided to learn one instead, and only spent 10 FP last night?

56 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

So, does anyone else find it suspicious that @Nodlied despite having the ability to learn two force abilities at night only decided to learn one instead, and only spent 10 FP last night?

Nice deflection. Or do you not have the hibernation trance ability?

Just now, Jeod said:

Nice deflection. Or do you not have the hibernation trance ability?

Nope, no idea what that is... other than probably a rather obvious attempt on your part to see if I'd admit to having an ability that a town player doens't actually have...

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

##vote Sith Shade939

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Shade939 to be the Sith in the Duel!

16 hours ago, Shade939 said:

##Vote Champion TheIrishMan

[Vote Counted] Shade939 voted TheIrishman to be the Champion in the Duel!

VJVuo9S.png

Because I'm curious what ability it is? And I'm making a table of information (at least I will as soon as I reinstall Microsoft Office on my laptop, had to wipe it earlier). I'd assume that it's based off the Knowledge focus if it exists since that's how Night Actions are. Since Jeod is Charisma (as confirmed with his holo-pad statement), that means it should be based off of that one. Which should make it impossible for Nodlied to have done it and ruins that run of logic.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Because I'm curious what ability it is? And I'm making a table of information (at least I will as soon as I reinstall Microsoft Office on my laptop, had to wipe it earlier). I'd assume that it's based off the Knowledge focus if it exists since that's how Night Actions are. Since Jeod is Charisma (as confirmed with his holo-pad statement), that means it should be based off of that one. Which should make it impossible for Nodlied to have done it and ruins that run of logic.

I think he was just trying to see if i'd admit to having a made up ability in this case. Although, that does sound like it could be someones racial ability.

4 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Just a Hint about the FBI, for those who remember this:

0zeNEKC.png

I don't think that it's as complicated as Nodlied's Tension meter though.

What do you mean it isn't as complicated as my tension meter? :v Also, I'll need to talk to you about drastically upping my graphics for the CVC for the sequel to the July Crisis.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

I think that I already explaned why I went with only one pick.

I’m Human and it’s not racial. It’s a self-protection ability that costs 10 FP. I’d assumed it wasn’t tied to Charisma due to the holo-pad thing, but I guess it’s not something all Jedi have.

Just now, Nodlied said:

I think that I already explaned why I went with only one pick.

The problem is we also suspect it cost 0 FP to learn dark side abilities, so it would also makes sense if you decided to learn a dark side ability as your second choice.

Just now, Shade939 said:

The problem is we also suspect it cost 0 FP to learn dark side abilities, so it would also makes sense if you decided to learn a dark side ability as your second choice.

I can see your argument and I can't prove that you're wrong though. Although my previous argument should at least clear it up a bit. Speaking of which.

Does it take that much effort to refresh our memories :v

Yeah, I went with using a single learning action because I thought that you couldn't go for a T2 skill until you completed two T1 skills. The action description for getting a T2 skill gramatically states that you cannot use that action until you have two T1 skills, meaning that you'd need to complete learning two T1 skills before you can ''unlock'', so to say, the action for learning T2 skills.

However, it appears that I'm wrong and the description is just messed up. :v 

Just now, Nodlied said:

I can see your argument and I can't prove that you're wrong though. Although my previous argument should at least clear it up a bit. Speaking of which.

Yeah, I went with using a single learning action because I thought that you couldn't go for a T2 skill until you completed two T1 skills. The action description for getting a T2 skill gramatically states that you cannot use that action until you have two T1 skills, meaning that you'd need to complete learning two T1 skills before you can ''unlock'', so to say, the action for learning T2 skills.

However, it appears that I'm wrong and the description is just messed up. :v 

Why not get both T1 skills instead though?