[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

On 12/30/2017 at 7:18 AM, VERTi60 said:

Wisdom -  represents willpower and perception, adds modifiers to Jedi Force Points and Force Power abilities associated with combat.

I'm hesitant to trust anyone with Wisdom to be a Champion since if a player picked that, they knew their character was meant for combat, which gives them a higher chance to be Scum, imo. One round might not be so bad, but I wouldn't vote for them repeatedly.

The reason why I only used 10 FP is simple. I wanted to be conservative with the amount of FP I spent, not knowing how much everyone else was going to spend. The only thing I did was learn one force orientation. That's it. I didn't want to spend more and then potentially wind up in a vulnerable position if something happens that I'm not prepared for.

Besides that, I had an NFA I could use if I thought a specific event would occur. I felt that unlikely and therefore a needless expense of FP.

And I also didn't know I could choose to learn multiple things at once. I suppose I might have done that, maybe?

I didn't bother with the holo-pad because I don't have anyone I particularly trust right now, and I'm just not that invested in this game yet. I also thought it cost FP like everything else, but apparently it doesn't?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And I also didn't know I could choose to learn multiple things at once. I suppose I might have done that, maybe?

I didn't bother with the holo-pad because I don't have anyone I particularly trust right now, and I'm just not that invested in this game yet. I also thought it cost FP like everything else, but apparently it doesn't?

Intelligence players can apparently learn more than one thing.

Holopad is free, but it conflicts with a lot of other actions, such as mediation and learning. Honestly, I thought using the pad might be a bit foolish if falling behind with learning, but it appears a lot of people have made that choice.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You know, I was 90% sure you chose Intelligence. And we finally have a reliable player who can help confirm the ability I learned, no offense Nod or Voe. Cat5, if you choose to learn T2 Control - Alter/Alter - Control tonight, the night action you get will be Accelerate Another's Healing.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, I thought using the pad might be a bit foolish if falling behind with learning

That was my main concern about it. I was initially planning on using the Holo-pad, but I figured it'd just be wasting my Intelligence if I did.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

##Vote Champion Retaliation

[Vote Counted] Shade939 voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

2 hours ago, Sunflower said:

##Vote Champion Relatiation

##Vote Sith Jeod

[Vote Counted] Sunflower voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] Sunflower voted Jeod to be the Sith in the Duel!

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

##Vote Sith Nodlied

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted Nodlied to be the Sith in the Duel!

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

vYijNBn.png

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

When did I advocate that ##follow isn’t dangerous? My theory about FBIrelies on it being bad for town.

You said you didn't think learning dark powers could lead to a Jedi falling to the dark side in D0. You said you wanted to be a "Gray Jedi" too, which is like between light and dark. I'm not sure whether that matters or not, but the rules were kind of ambiguous about whether players could request to be a sith or not.

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm tempted to put a pressure vote on ChopBam to get him to participate more...

I'm 5 pages of reading behind, after a full workday and it's bedtime. Will be busy for a good portion of tomorrow as well. Sorry!

Alright I very quickly caught up and will reveal a little bit about myself, for the sake of TheIrishman's charts.

I'm a human with dexterity-wisdom and some sense sprinkled in. This game might be too involved for me to invest the time to figure out all the ins and outs of combat and force stuff, but I'll still do my best to participate when I can.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Alright I very quickly caught up and will reveal a little bit about myself, for the sake of TheIrishman's charts.

I'm a human with dexterity-wisdom and some sense sprinkled in. This game might be too involved for me to invest the time to figure out all the ins and outs of combat and force stuff, but I'll still do my best to participate when I can.

The breakdown is that there are 7 Force Combat Actions each for Dexterity, Constitution, and Strength (21 total). Of each attribute, there's three tier 1 abilities, three tier 2 abilities, and one tier 3 ability.

The same goes for Force Night Actions, but between Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. And then there are 7 sets of Dark Side Force Actions, putting the total to 28 sets or 56 abilities total, and that's excluding Forms or any possible race abilities.

If we want to talk about Forms, everything would be pure speculation, but I'd say the highest would most likely be tier 3 as well to keep with the format, which would add another 9, putting the grand total to 67 abilities that we know of.

5 hours ago, Sunflower said:

You said you didn't think learning dark powers could lead to a Jedi falling to the dark side in D0. You said you wanted to be a "Gray Jedi" too, which is like between light and dark. I'm not sure whether that matters or not, but the rules were kind of ambiguous about whether players could request to be a sith or not.

Well, yeah. I did request a neutral role that had the danger of becoming scum if I played incorrectly. It was denied. That was my basis for suggesting that Jedi alone can’t turn to the dark side. But it doesn’t mean they won’t affect the FBI.

By the way, from the looks of things everyone only has less than 6 hours left to vote.

And while I don't think you have to vote for a Champion and a Sith, you do have to vote for at least one of those.

So, @Category 5 Hurricane, @Killing_You, @Nodlied, @OrangeP47, @TheIrishman, and @Voe all need to cast at least one vote still.

I'm so tempted to vote sith ChopBam anyway. I don't like any of the current trains, and while ChopBam hasn't done anything overtly sithy, inactivity could be a cover for being sithy, especially if he's a confused sith.

I get that, and I understand going after inactives when there aren't any other leads to follow. Totally fine if you want to vote me as sith too. I can lose to Retaliation and let's hope he is on the light side so we give strength and abilities to the good guys. That's fine, but just understand you won't actually be killing any sith today.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I don't think he is, but are there any other leads? In the last few games with no leads, you yourself turned out to be our baddie. :p

Well some people think I'm a baddie this game, therefore that's a lead, therefore I'm not the baddie :p;)

A summary of the three trains we have right now.

Shade:  Jeod thinks Shade has insider info and wants that resolved.  I think it's just Shade being Shade and jumping to conclusions.

Nodlied:  It's possible he bought a dark side power last night, according to the math we think, but we don't have any actual proof. I'm willing to give him a chance.

Jeod:  Sunflower just doesn't like his tone.

Or old players about new players meta, such as it is.  I think it's applicable in these cases, especially as with Shade he's playing just like he did last game.

I also argue Shade is town because of the way he's responded over holo, where he's been very forthcoming and has a speed that means it'd be hard for him to fake anything or hide any info, no time to think of a scum-tale.

You can change your vote any time you want. Am I the only person that reads the rules? :p

"If the player doesn't vote for a  Champion and Sith at all, he/she will automatically be voted for the Duel (as Sith). You can also vote for yourself to be a Champion if you want, but you can't vote for yourself to be Sith yourself. Any player can change their vote anytime they want."