[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm in the middle of rereading right now, but I'm considering going Shade/TheIrishman for chump/shit

Well, I actaully think Irish might be scum so I wouldn't immediately surrender on my first turn to him at least.

I've been so vested in arguing with Shade during my trip that I haven't read into other active players save for Nodlied. I saw no reason to suspect Retaliation, yet ChopBam did, and now TheIrishMan is in the same boat I have Retaliation in. So what's the detail behind the read so I have a frame of reference when I go back and study the texts?

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

##Vote Champion Retaliation

[Vote Counted] OrangeP47 voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

##vote champion Retalition

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

##vote sith Jeod

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Jeod to be the Sith in the Duel!

58 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

##vote champion Retaliation

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

##vote sith Voe

[Vote Counted] OrangeP47 voted Voe to be the Sith in the Duel!

mr1bO1A.png

Just now, Jeod said:

I've been so vested in arguing with Shade during my trip that I haven't read into other active players save for Nodlied. I saw no reason to suspect Retaliation, yet ChopBam did, and now TheIrishMan is in the same boat I have Retaliation in. So what's the detail behind the read so I have a frame of reference when I go back and study the texts?

I think Chop is just trolling tbh. A bit more of the traditional joke phase mindset than the rest of us, given D0 night was legitimate.

13 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm in the middle of rereading right now

I guess patience is a virtue. But there's only an hour left, so time is of the essence. I'm for switching my champion vote if there's an agreeable reason to have Irish in the duel. Would it be primarily to have him show his Tier 2 ability?

Just now, VERTi60 said:

[Vote Counted] OrangeP47 voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Jeod to be the Sith in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] OrangeP47 voted Voe to be the Sith in the Duel!

mr1bO1A.png

Uggh, the bandwagon is stronk with this one >.>

Frankly, the Irishman read is all about the reaction to my first post where I voted for him for a flimsy reason. While I did read TheIrishman saying "and I'm Jedi yay" as a bit suspicious to say, I didn't expect that attack to be taken seriously.

The day had just started and the entire D0 was just an extra joke phase, and I acted entirely out of character going all aggressive. Why then, did TheIrishman take it seriously enough that he decided he needed to explain himself?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Frankly, the Irishman read is all about the reaction to my first post where I voted for him for a flimsy reason. While I did read TheIrishman saying "and I'm Jedi yay" as a bit suspicious to say, I didn't expect that attack to be taken seriously.

The day had just started and the entire D0 was just an extra joke phase, and I acted entirely out of character going all aggressive. Why then, did TheIrishman take it seriously enough that he decided he needed to explain himself?

I see what you mean. But I can see what TheIrishMan meant by his post even more. Since you know "next to nothing" about Star Wars, he quoted you to offer the lengthy explanation. However, it looks like his reason for the explanation in the first place isn't due to your aggression but due to the responses of other players afterwards. I don't think it's too substantial.

It looks like there's only a slim chance of altering the Retaliation champwagon before hammer, and Shade's my strongest read thus far. I can agree with TheIrishMan dueling Shade as the champion, if anything to give us a glimpse into how Intelligence stuff works. I admit I'm curious. But is he strong enough to defeat Shade? Considering repercussions if Irish loses, if Shade is scum then we might have a hard time killing him--which is Cat5's fear for this game.

It's reasonable. I've seen @TheIrishman reading the thread during the past hour or so. Any objections to dueling Shade?

##vote champion TheIrishMan

Just now, Retaliation said:

We need votes on shade if you don't want Jeod to fight btw.

Only thing I'm worried about is the obvious problems it's going to create for Jeod and Cat5 when it turns out I was town all along. That's probably going to waste the next couple of fuel phases just making certain they didn't vote me up because they're sith.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

Not at all. I wasn't in DS3, but from what I've heard it was relatively chaotic and he's poking fun at the game itself, not the trying to obscure the hint.

DS3 got more chaotic as it went on, there was a real tension (not just by the marker/convergence meters), but also because it was designed like that by game mechanics and characters to follow a tension driven storyline of the original, however with few modifications.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Calling a timeout for a moment to recognize @VERTi60 and congratulate him on creating probably one of his best RPG games. There's so much room for players to control their own paths that it's generating more discussion in a mafia game than we've seen in a long while, and that's a feat.

Lords of Mafia indeed.

Comming from you this is a good news and I'm happy you enjoy the game (so far). 

As I said in the OP, the purpose of this game is to have as much "open setup" as possible, although at risk of being less controlled and failproof.

I still think the best RPG I've ever put my efforts to was DS3, as in that game you truly had everything. Various factions with different objectives, although they need to work in the end to stop the Necromorph invasion from the dead player pool, and get reinforcements as new characters from the spaced player pool. Truly best player recycle management ever. Then you had the option to invest to improve your character and your loadout (imagine that we would be able to craft lightsabers in this game and improve the armor, holo pads or even equip/modify blasters and health packs in this game, while still having access to the force actions and other special actions - well that's how DS3, and later DS4 as well were designed). Combat was possible whenever though during the Day, and in the last phase was oriented to battle actions only to decide the game outcome (which took a great deal to mod).

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

Do I have to cast a vote?

I'll be honest; I have not been able to keep up particularly well. This pain has had me barely able to focus on anything. Now, though, I'm hopped up on painkillers, but the side effects are making it hard to sit up, let alone scumhunt.

Since it seems like I absolutely have to, ##vote champion Retaliation. Now, I'm off, and hopefully I'll be in much better condition (i.e., this stupid tooth is out of my mouth) for the next council phase.

Well hang in there buddy, hope it gets better. I got two wisdom teeth pulled out already and I can tell that once they're gone you'll feel a lot better.

I would recommend Corsodyl gel to apply on the teeth (and esp. after they're pulled out) to ease the pain.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Indeed it does rest on my word, and I know what kind of reputation I've gotten lately :p  I hope, if FRAYDO was around, he could vouch for me in turn.  Because of the other holo, with him, FRAYDO is my strongest town read.

In order for me to vouch for you, I need some confirmation first. As I am reading my PM, only one Holo Doc may be opened during the Council Phase. You and I have chatted for quite a bit, and you claim to have another Holo Doc open with Shade. That gives you more than the allotted amount of Holo Docs, unless I am mistaken.