[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Shade:  Jeod thinks FBI is a balance of jedi vs sith players, light vs dark powers, and some other unknown factor.

Jeod:  I think your theory is closer than Shade's but has a few flaws.  The sith can't win by FBI unless they eliminate all jedi, which is just a normal win, AND even sith probably have light side powers and therefore it's even harder for them to get FBI to 100%.  I'd add in that just using dark side powers increases FBI to compensate, maybe.

A good thought on the flaw, yes, but I don't believe my theory is 100% incorrect, which is what Shade seemed to vehemently imply. As I said, it's the method of dismissal--first 100% dismissal, and then the strong belief that it's 100% incorrect--that to me indicated that Shade knows more than the average Jedi at this point. Thus my vote.

Just now, Jeod said:

A good thought on the flaw, yes, but I don't believe my theory is 100% incorrect, which is what Shade seemed to vehemently imply. As I said, it's the method of dismissal--first 100% dismissal, and then the strong belief that it's 100% incorrect--that to me indicated that Shade knows more than the average Jedi at this point. Thus my vote.

I have years of experience arguing with him.  That's just how he argues.

I'll admit, I *might* be suspicious, if not for the fact of how our holo communication has gone.

Just now, Shade939 said:

If anything, I think Jeod would be the player with some hidden knowledge about the FBI that would cause him to ignore when I did bring up that point...

TBH you didn't put it very clearly the first time, I can see how it might have been overlooked.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:45 PM, Jeod said:

Of course not. But you just said it yourself: the bar is literally called the Force Balance Indicator. We know there are multiple ways for Sith to progress their goals. Here are two main ones I think they have: Rule of Two (recruit an apprentice, maybe one-time use) and Follow Dark Side (they can't control this one, but we can).

OrangeP47, I agree with your assessment as a possibility, but the way he's spinning things is too sloppy for my taste.

But Shade, I did respond to your rebuff.

https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/416690-day-1-council-meeting-star-wars-mafia-jedi-vs-sith/?do=findComment&comment=649308

Just now, Shade939 said:

I don't recall you changing your Sith vote though, which counts a bit more I think...

Why do you think that pointing out a flaw in my theory  should be cause for me to remove my Sith vote, given the way you presented the flaw and used it to dismiss my theory as 'completely wrong'?

Just now, Sunflower said:

Maybe some more food for thought. Shade just lost a duel pretty badly in the practice round. That doesn't mean he isn't a sith, but I could see why a sith might want to send him to a duel, thinking he's likely to lose again.

I won on my vast reserve of pure good luck though ;)

Honestly, I think if Shade is sent to a duel, he'll win. Unless, there's always a possibility, of losing deliberately to a chosen champion.  Given we don't really know anything about Retal besides he's eager, I'm not sure that'd be a good option either.

Honestly, I think if Shade is sent to a duel, he'll win. Unless, there's always a possibility, of losing deliberately to a chosen champion.  Given we don't really know anything about Retal besides he's eager, I'm not sure that'd be a good option either.

What do you mean? We know that he beat Voe.

If we had more people voting it would be a lot easier to decide on an action and go.

Right now I think it's worth killing shade just so we can move on.

If he wins the duel people are liable to just vote him to duel again. Honestly think in the future we should have both our champion and sith vote be scummy players.

What do you mean? We know that he beat Voe.

I meant as far as Retal's jedi-sith alignment goes. Retal seems like a strong contender too, but I think Shade is just as strong a contender if he doesn't roll like crap.

Just now, Retaliation said:

If he wins the duel people are liable to just vote him to duel again.

TBH this might be a fatal flaw if we're hounding on someone that's town.  Wasting a lot of time on one person when the scum run free.  That's why it might be best for any town voted sith to just give up.

TBH this might be a fatal flaw if we're hounding on someone that's town.  Wasting a lot of time on one person when the scum run free.  That's why it might be best for any town voted sith to just give up.

Worse still is if it's a town vs town fight, one town will die and another will be injured. Either has to waste a day healing, or might even get sniped by whatever is in the sith bag of tricks.

I'm certain it's going to cost town the next two to three nights if I get voted up and prove nothing. But considering it's town who decided to vote me up in the first place...

This probably a bit late in the game, but wouldn't it make sense to send a Sith candidate that we suspect to be Sith, and also send a Champion candidate that we suspect to be Sith?

One of them's going to die, and frankly I suspect that Sith players will actually be more powerful than Jedi and therefore more likely to win. So why risk sending someone we think is Jedi, when we could send two people we think are Sith?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This probably a bit late in the game, but wouldn't it make sense to send a Sith candidate that we suspect to be Sith, and also send a Champion candidate that we suspect to be Sith?

One of them's going to die, and frankly I suspect that Sith players will actually be more powerful than Jedi and therefore more likely to win. So why risk sending someone we think is Jedi, when we could send two people we think are Sith?

I've been trying to get at that since the first time I said championing myself was a mistake.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yes, it has been postulated.

Is there anyone you don't think is town? :p

TBH on a scale of -5 to 5, with positive 5 being town, I think Chop is like a -1.

There's still two hours to go until duel start, I think. That said, OrangeP47 doesn't come off as Sith-like to me. Then again, he's great at hiding (Death Note). If I were to choose a champion to fight Shade, I'd pick him. I have no reads against Nodlied and refuse to accept a guess that he might have used ##follow as a reason to vote him.

If I'm going to duel, then who would I duel against?