[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I think it's kind of absurd to think that there's no option to unvote, so I'm going to have to say Shade is jumping to conclusions again ;)

Depends on if Verti was being a bit lazy, and if he wanted to force players to vote every night instead of giving them the option to no-lynch or avoid a duel for that night.

Also we're not even out of D1 and this already has more posts than the entirety of my CMCM :(

To be fair, this is almost N2 counting the tutorial.

Also, I could be wrong, and the intention of the rules was each player had to vote for a Sith and Champion every night, instead of only needing to vote for one or the other as the rules currently suggest. In which case we wouldn't need an option to unvote unless we wanted to vote our own characters as the Sith.

I would vote for sith, but I feel it's in bad form for the champion to cast a deciding vote on who they're fighting. Open to abuse I feel.

Also we're not even out of D1 and this already has more posts than the entirety of my CMCM :(

That was just a slow game. Hence why I started talking about my N1 actions.

Well if we're looking for other sith possibilities, Category 5 has been acting kinda suspicious. I was told before the game started that he's usually super into everything unless he's on the scum team, and he definitely hasn't been into things so far. His reply to Verti's hint about the FBI was kinda suspicious too. Usually people on the jedi team want to help each other out. But I'm hesitant to put much into it yet because it's still early. And with the way my life is going lately, I totally understand not being excited about things. :| 

Edited by Sunflower

Just now, Shade939 said:

Also, I could be wrong, and the intention of the rules was each player had to vote for a Sith and Champion every night, instead of only needing to vote for one or the other as the rules currently suggest. In which case we wouldn't need an option to unvote unless we wanted to vote our own characters as the Sith.

Well I guess reading the rules, as reposted by Sunflower, it does say AND.... hmmmm...

I'm home from my unexpected trip.

@Sunflower I'm definitely not trying to use any mind tricks when I tell you that player meta needs to be taken with a grain of salt. You don't need to be a seasoned mafia player to realize that if you know yourself, then you know how others will generally perceive you, and through that you can manipulate them. It verges on the sociopath line, but it's true nonetheless.

Retaliation is our champion from the CvC. Are you prepared for the duel, Retal? We still have time to pick a different champion.

As for Sith, OrangeP47 summed it up nicely: Shade's indicated that he has information that we do not, and it does need to be resolved. Whether that's Shade being overconfident hence causing his dismissal of other ideas or him being Sith and actually knowing how the mechanics work, I can't say. But it's a vote I prefer at this moment over Nodlied. There's less conditional evidence to go on.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Well if we're looking for other sith possibilities, Category 5 has been acting kinda suspicious. I was told that he's usually super into everything unless he's on the scum team, and he definitely hasn't been into things so far. His reply to Verti's hint about the FBI was kinda suspicious too. Usually people on the jedi team want to help each other out. But I'm hesitant to put much into it yet because it's still early. And with the way my life is going lately, I totally understand not being excited about things. :| 

I am disappointed in Cat 5's contribution so far, and hope he arrives before the deadline to share some of his ideas more, but this being D1 I could also chalk it up to being early.  I think if Cat 5 was sith he'd be a little more passive aggressive, from experience.

Just now, Jeod said:

As for Sith, OrangeP47 summed it up nicely: Shade's indicated that he has information that we do not, and it does need to be resolved. Whether that's Shade being overconfident hence causing his dismissal of other ideas or him being Sith and actually knowing how the mechanics work, I can't say. But it's a vote I prefer at this moment over Nodlied. There's less conditional evidence to go on.

Really, because if anyone should be voted up for that reasoning, I think it should be the guy who voted me as Sith for disagreeing with his theory...

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

His reply to Verti's hint about the FBI was kinda suspicious too.

Not at all. I wasn't in DS3, but from what I've heard it was relatively chaotic and he's poking fun at the game itself, not the trying to obscure the hint.

Just now, Jeod said:

I'm home from my unexpected trip.

@Sunflower I'm definitely not trying to use any mind tricks when I tell you that player meta needs to be taken with a grain of salt. You don't need to be a seasoned mafia player to realize that if you know yourself, then you know how others will generally perceive you, and through that you can manipulate them. It verges on the sociopath line, but it's true nonetheless.

Retaliation is our champion from the CvC. Are you prepared for the duel, Retal? We still have time to pick a different champion.

The idea of sociopathic Shade makes me laugh, not because it's impossible, but just because it's funny.

Honestly though, what I'd suggest to Shade is to keep a notepad of facts, like the charts Irish makes, or even a simple word document with your reads on every player and links to key snippets they've said.  People say this is a scum tactic, but honestly, when games are this big, it's ludicrous to expect town to have perfect memory and recall.  Take notes, it saves lives. It might stop some of this jumping to conclusions.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Really, because if anyone should be voted up for that reasoning, I think it should be the guy who voted me as Sith for disagreeing with his theory...

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/OMGUS

I didn't vote you for disagreeing with my theory. I voted you because of the way you disagreed with it.

Just now, Jeod said:

Not at all. I wasn't in DS3, but from what I've heard it was relatively chaotic and he's poking fun at the game itself, not the trying to obscure the hint.

I'm like 99% sure there has never been a Vert game where we didn't complain about combat or how the game played out.

Just now, Jeod said:

I didn't vote you for disagreeing with my theory. I voted you because of the way you disagreed with it.

Edit: Also because of the way you reacted after the vote, which let me know that it was a vote worth keeping for the time being.

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

And neither have you been paying attention to the parts of your "theory" that I've been disagreeing with. Which I'm not even certain if that was the point you were trying to make.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Funnily enough, you still haven't even explained your theory...

I'm quite sure I did explain it several times. I won't rewrite it, go look for it or ask OrangeP47 to describe it in a different way that might make more sense to you.

I can't in good conscience duel against Retaliation, since there's no reason to suspect him as Sith so far. So voting me would be a Jedi vs. Jedi and a waste of resources.

Just now, Jeod said:

I'm quite sure I did explain it several times. I won't rewrite it, go look for it or ask OrangeP47 to describe it in a different way that might make more sense to you.

I can't in good conscience duel against Retaliation, since there's no reason to suspect him as Sith so far. So voting me would be a Jedi vs. Jedi and a waste of resources.

Hence why I still havne't voted you up yet...

Just now, Jeod said:

As if there is a significant reason to suspect anyone right now?

Shade:  Jeod thinks FBI is a balance of jedi vs sith players, light vs dark powers, and some other unknown factor.

Jeod:  I think your theory is closer than Shade's but has a few flaws.  The sith can't win by FBI unless they eliminate all jedi, which is just a normal win, AND even sith probably have light side powers and therefore it's even harder for them to get FBI to 100%.  I'd add in that just using dark side powers increases FBI to compensate, maybe.

The sith can't win by FBI unless they eliminate all jedi, which is just a normal win, AND even sith probably have light side powers and therefore it's even harder for them to get FBI to 100%. 

A point which I already brought up...

Just now, Sunflower said:

As if there is a significant reason to suspect anyone right now?

There isn't, which is why I gave my comparison analysis of the candidates we have right now. Perhaps we should select someone who would be happy to duel Retaliation i.e. ChopBam. It seems like he's the only one who suspects him and would be content to defeat him in a duel.

On 1/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, Shade939 said:

Also, how does that make any sense? Wouldn't that mean the only way for the Sith to fill up the FBI bar would be if they eliminated every single player in the game with any light side abilities iso they could get up to 100%?

I'm pretty certain this counts as me bringing up that point earlier.