[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Retaliation said:

I think I have a guess if you're interested.

Depends on how credible these theories are, and if you have anything to back them up with.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I see... guess we don't have much info to go on then. 

Depends.  Someone could have investigated and found critical information last night. Sometimes it takes a few turns before the case is cracked, so to speak, though.

Sense meditation with the wisdom attribute has a net loss of 40 force points (-50 + 10)

Possibly,  although I'd find it extremely unlikely that'd be the first move you'd make in the game. Does he have any reason to suspect anyone is going to attack him in the night?

That's actually a good explanation.  If sith abilities had such a large give away by using so much FP that'd kind of make it too easy I guess.  This is giving me shades of the Death Note game and the levels of trust/suspicion there.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Possibly,  although I'd find it extremely unlikely that'd be the first move you'd make in the game. Does he have any reason to suspect anyone is going to attack him in the night?

This is a good counter point as well.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

That's actually a good explanation.  If sith abilities had such a large give away by using so much FP that'd kind of make it too easy I guess.  This is giving me shades of the Death Note game and the levels of trust/suspicion there.

I admit that a high FP value is suspicious, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a dark power. It could be just an important power. I dunno if tier 1 has any of those.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Is it just me, or did that sith bar move some....

Observation: It looks like it did.

Statement: Retaliation, made for fighting is hardly a good excuse.

22 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

That's the spirit! 

Oh I'm like 99% sure championing yourself is a bad move. You're guaranteeing that someone friendly is putting their life at risk. When you champion someone else, you're only probably doing that.

Commentary: True, unless you're Scum. Your actions kind of remind me of Voe, which basically means they confuse me.

Hypothesis: Since it doesn't appear that anything happened last night, either Scum were prevented from doing anything through some means, or they might not be able to nightkill. After all, the "lynching" process is somewhat unfair to us, in that even if Scum were put in the fight, they can still live and even take out another Town member. I think that if Scum can't NK, it'd somewhat balance the playing field, while helping to extend the length of the game. The reason I think the game has to be long is that the T3 Force Actions would take too long to learn otherwise for those without Intelligence.

N0 + 1 T1 = 2 T1, 90%FP

N1 + 1 T2 = 2 T1, 1 T2, 60%FP

N2 + 1 T2 = 2 T1, 2 T2, 30%FP

N3, Rest = 2 T1, 2 T2, 100%

N4 + 1T3 = 2 T1, 2T2, 1T3, 10%

N5, Rest

And this is assuming you don't use FP for much else.

Sense meditation with the wisdom attribute has a net loss of 40 force points (-50 + 10)

It's a good guess, but I already said I'm not a combat player and I think Wisdom qualifies for combat. I used my Intelligence attribute to learn 2 things, 1 T1 and 1 T2. And I'm starting to think that I'm the only one with intelligence seeing as no one else did the same thing.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Commentary: True, unless you're Scum. Your actions kind of remind me of Voe, which basically means they confuse me.

These actions wouldn't be so out of place if someone else was doing it, but Retaliation never struck me as so... bold, before.

53 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

It's a good guess, but I already said I'm not a combat player and I think Wisdom qualifies for combat. I used my Intelligence attribute to learn 2 things, 1 T1 and 1 T2. And I'm starting to think that I'm the only one with intelligence seeing as no one else did the same thing.

Considering that you can actually prove that statement by taking part in a duel, would you object to being champion then? You should also have the combat advantage since you have 3 force abilities as compared to the 2 that everyone else has, outside of any Sith abilities they could also posses?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Considering that you can actually prove that statement by taking part in a duel, would you object to being champion then? You should also have the combat advantage since you have 3 force abilities as compared to the 2 that everyone else has, outside of any Sith abilities they could also posses?

Objection: I'm not confident in combat. I can prove it just by telling you one of my T2 abilities (the night action since revealing the combat action could be disadvantageous to myself and/or others) and someone can try to learn T2 Control-Alter tonight (assuming they already had T1 Control and learned T1 Alter) and confirm it the next day. Plus the combat ability I learned is potentially not very useful, at least compared to my T1 ability.

Objection: I'm not confident in combat. I can prove it just by telling you one of my T2 abilities (the night action since revealing the combat action could be disadvantageous to myself and/or others) and someone can try to learn T2 Control-Alter tonight (assuming they already had T1 Control and learned T1 Alter) and confirm it the next day. Plus the combat ability I learned is potentially not very useful, at least compared to my T1 ability.

How would that prove it? Only way that would prove anything was if someone saw you use that ability at night.

I think there's reason to believe that learning the same focuses doesn't necessarily grant the same power, so that might not be a good way to confirm things.  Each area only unlocks a 'type' of power, but what you get from within that is a grab bag.  Like how in the example 'sense' says it unlocks investigative powers, but we wouldn't all get the same investigative power if we all had sense.

Just now, Shade939 said:

How would that prove it? Only way that would prove anything was if someone saw you use that ability at night.

Confused Explanation: Um...because if I tell you the ability I learned and someone else then learned the ability, then that'd mean I couldn't be lying.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I think there's reason to believe that learning the same focuses doesn't necessarily grant the same power, so that might not be a good way to confirm things.  Each area only unlocks a 'type' of power, but what you get from within that is a grab bag.  Like how in the example 'sense' says it unlocks investigative powers, but we wouldn't all get the same investigative power if we all had sense.

I just assumed that they were the same because I have the same 2 Force Combat Actions as Retaliation.

Confused Explanation: Um...because if I tell you the ability I learned and someone else then learned the ability, then that'd mean I couldn't be lying.

I just assumed that they were the same because I have the same 2 Force Combat Actions as Retaliation.

Correction: Force Combat Action and Combat Maneuver* 

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

BTW everyone, check your editted PM carefully.  You might have an open holo-com link. I didn't get a notification in my result PM but later noticed I had an open line.

I'm not sure I understand this thing about an open holo-com link. Either the people accept your request or they don't, right?

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I'm not sure I understand this thing about an open holo-com link. Either the people accept your request or they don't, right?

Not necessarily. A charismatic figure such as myself needs no acceptance. You're going to hear me talk whether you like it or not :v