[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Nope, it was the N0 tutorial post.

And since it said that, I asked. After all, if I have Intelligence, I should make the best use of it.

Well, the thing appears to base itself on having enough forcepoints alone, not the other limitations as described in the PMs.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Jesus Christ you better not be a Sith. I won't tolerate another Steins;Gate scenario. :v

Hey, that was me being a bit selfish after I realized you were going to kill me and I had an alignment that was continuously fluctuating. I claim mostly self-defense there along with being a mad scientist since I also love time travel and wanted to see what I could do. Still won as Town though :p

I'm assuming choosing to learn Dark Side skills negatively affect the FBI meter (pretty obvious it should though), but I doubt it'd let you turn into a Sith. Well maybe after you learn the T3 set (Verti60 said there were 28 skill sets total, so 21 split up to 7 each between Strength, Constitution, and Dexterity, and 7 for the Dark Side). But I don't think anyone should dabble with it.

5 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Well, the thing appears to base itself on having enough forcepoints alone, not the other limitations as described in the PMs.

Call me an opportunist then :v

So, since we have at least two Intelligence players here, I can tell you what you'll learn for your T2 control - alter/alter - control night action. Spoiling it isn't a big deal, I promise.

13 minutes ago, Jeod said:

FYI for comparison:

wZCZ4Hn.png

0kXxl7c.png

It's not just you OrangeP47. That Sith bar moved!

Which, IMO means either the Sith used a night ability to influence it, or a player learned a new dark side ability last night. If it's the later, it's a bit problematic since I think there's a possibility that you can learn those ability for 0 FP unlike light side abilities.

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Which, IMO means either the Sith used a night ability to influence it, or a player learned a new dark side ability last night. If it's the later, it's a bit problematic since I think there's a possibility that you can learn those ability for 0 FP unlike light side abilities.

How come you think that?

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

How come you think that?

Because, there isn't a cost specifically listed by them, plus I'm not even certain if they don't have their own unique rules for those actions that would let you learn them in addition to do any of your standard night actions.

It's not quite the same thing as learning a new ability based on the wording.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Oh yeah it does exclude certain actions, although, it seems like you could still open a holo chat while learning dark side abilities.

Or not actually, it seems like it's merely another version of the learning abilities at the least.

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Or not actually, it seems like it's merely another version of the learning abilities at the least.

That's what I was thinking. Although, it looks like the Sith bar doubled in size. So unless more than half of us followed the dark side last night, I'm confident that the bar means something else entirely. Maybe the Rule of Two comes into play here and an apprentice was recruited? I can't even figure how that would work unless some of us were already balls deep in the dark side following.

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Because, there isn't a cost specifically listed by them, plus I'm not even certain if they don't have their own unique rules for those actions that would let you learn them in addition to do any of your standard night actions.

It's not quite the same thing as learning a new ability based on the wording.

True, but it feels like it implies it. Although I imagine we could ask Verti60 to verify the cost. And, presumably, it would follow the same restrictions of learning so that people can't learn a T3 Dark Side set right away, which means that you'd have to start at the beginning - learning two Dark Side T1 skills, two T2 skills, and then the T3 skill.

5 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Shut it you Ork.

So ehm, did anything special happen to anybody this night? 

WAAAAAAGH!

10 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

He could be setup as Constitution (Combat Skill), Alter (Force Focus), and Wisdom (Knowledge Skill).

yoda3.jpg

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

That's what I was thinking. Although, it looks like the Sith bar doubled in size. So unless more than half of us followed the dark side last night, I'm confident that the bar means something else entirely. Maybe the Rule of Two comes into play here and an apprentice was recruited? I can't even figure how that would work unless some of us were already balls deep in the dark side following.

It did about double in size. We also have an idea that there is more than one scum because they get to talk to each other during duels.

24 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for half of the bar to be filled in half of us had followed the dark side last night? At the moment, roughly 2/12s of the bar have been filled in, which suggests at least two characters have some sort of dark side influence on them now.

20 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

It did about double in size. We also have an idea that there is more than one scum because they get to talk to each other during duels.

While it makes sense, can you quote Verti where he hinted at that?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for half of the bar to be filled in half of us had followed the dark side last night? At the moment, roughly 2/12s of the bar have been filled in, which suggests at least two characters have some sort of dark side influence on them now.

Not really, because we know there is at least one Sith in the game which accounts for the D0 bar. If that isn't evidence that 2/12s of the bar being red meaning two Sith, then there's also the idea that if a single (or even two) ##follow Dark Side action can cause the bar to fill that much, then we have an extremely urgent game on our hands.

Just now, Jeod said:

Not really, because we know there is at least one Sith in the game which accounts for the D0 bar. If that isn't evidence that 2/12s of the bar being red meaning two Sith, then there's also the idea that if a single (or even two) ##follow Dark Side action can cause the bar to fill that much, then we have an extremely urgent game on our hands.

Perhaps, but it might not represent how many light side abilities to dark side abilities we know overall, and instead it represents how many characters don't know any dark side abilities compared to players who do know at least one dark side ability.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

While it makes sense, can you quote Verti where he hinted at that?

First post

On 12/30/2017 at 7:18 AM, VERTi60 said:

While the Duel is ongoing, the Sith (unless they're fighting) will meet secretly in order to plot their next move to undermine the Council (there will be multiple ways to do this). The other Council members will have the opportunity to use one of their Force Powers in order to help with the investigation, help others or simply meditate in peace to heal or discover new ways of the Force.

Makes me curious about the "multiple ways" to undermine us.

13 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Perhaps, but it might not represent how many light side abilities to dark side abilities we know overall, and instead it represents how many characters don't know any dark side abilities compared to players who do know at least one dark side ability.

If that were the case, then the game could easily end N1 if the rest of us decide to learn a dark side ability. I'm under the impression that the saber-bar represents the Balance, and it's our goal to root out the Sith before they tip the Balance to the dark side. Why wouldn't their progress be displayed publicly for us to see?

Your performance and wit in the last full game you played compared to the way you're interpreting this aspect of this game now has me feeling like you're a good contender for scum. Honestly, I feel like you should know better, however perhaps it's your first time playing as scum.

##vote Sith Shade939

Just now, Jeod said:

If that were the case, then the game could easily end N1 if the rest of us decide to learn a dark side ability. I'm under the impression that the saber-bar represents the Balance, and it's our goal to root out the Sith before they tip the Balance to the dark side. Why wouldn't their progress be displayed publicly for us to see?

Your performance and wit in the last full game you played compared to the way you're interpreting this aspect of this game now has me feeling like you're a good contender for scum. Honestly, I feel like you should know better, however perhaps it's your first time playing as scum.

##vote Sith Shade939

You remember what happened the last time you thought I was scum...

I'm pretty sure Vert posted the wrong video at first, because the first one implied a price and then he changed it to this one to imply that it's free >.> So I'm guessing it's supposed to be free to prevent people from adding up the costs of FP and figuring out that they went to the Dark Side.

##vote Sith Shade939

Honestly, knowing him, this is just how he is.  I'm fairly confident he's town this game, but I don't 100% support everything he's saying.  He tend to jump to conclusions then stick to them overmuch.

35 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Also, how does that make any sense? Wouldn't that mean the only way for the Sith to fill up the FBI bar would be if they eliminated every single player in the game with any light side abilities iso they could get up to 100%?

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Also, how does that make any sense? Wouldn't that mean the only way for the Sith to fill up the FBI bar would be if they eliminated every single player in the game with any light side abilities iso they could get up to 100%?

Of course not. But you just said it yourself: the bar is literally called the Force Balance Indicator. We know there are multiple ways for Sith to progress their goals. Here are two main ones I think they have: Rule of Two (recruit an apprentice, maybe one-time use) and Follow Dark Side (they can't control this one, but we can).

OrangeP47, I agree with your assessment as a possibility, but the way he's spinning things is too sloppy for my taste.

Of course not. But you just said it yourself: the bar is literally called the Force Balance Indicator. We know there are multiple ways for Sith to progress their goals. Here are two main ones I think they have: Rule of Two (recruit an apprentice, maybe one-time use) and Follow Dark Side (they can't control this one, but we can).

OrangeP47, I agree with your assessment as a possibility, but the way he's spinning things is too sloppy for my taste.

Which FBI could be represented by the number of light side characters as compared to the number of dark side or corrupted characters instead.

Honestly, and you'll rarely, rarely find me taking this sort of position, but we just don't know what's affecting force balance at this point.  I don't think it's just straight up the number of dark side characters.  That's too simple.  I'd be more inclined to agree that certain actions, by people on both sides of the line, affect the balance overall, but at this point aside from light side characters learning dark side abilities we don't know really anything to judge, specifically we don't know much about what actual sith would be doing. In a way, it's kind of immaterial to actually finding the sith, when we have so little information on the topic.

It's pretty obvious to me what affects FBI based on experiences in past games (world tension). We may even get a direct number from Verti60 after today's duel. Educated guesses are better than twiddling our thumbs--we did that on D0, and even you said on D0 that discussion and creating theories was good for information.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'm not saying it's not good to talk about.  I'm saying it's not enough to convict someone over, though.

Then don't vote for Shade. I, on the other hand, don't share your sentiment.