[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Do I actually lose 60 Stamina because Forms stay on? You require us to mention our stances each turn, why not our Forms too?

Yea you need to be specific like other players for example used this template:

Stance:

Form:

FCA:

I used to ask you last Duel if you want to keep form or not but you never responded. So I'm automatically going with what is provided as new info, I'm not assuming you want to take your maneuver off if you have the required Stam for it...

I guess, but it would've been absolutely stupid for me to keep the form against a guy who'd only have 24 stamina, so there's no way he could attack me >.>

I just searched through every duel. During this post, FRAYDO used Center of Being while he still had enough stamina to keep his Form, but you took it off regardless. Literally every other example, besides myself, of players who have used their Forms, they've ran out of stamina and had the form automatically taken off. And the only person who's used that template is Cat5.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:55 AM, FRAYDO said:

##Center Of Being

Just now, VERTi60 said:

If you run out of stamina then I take it off automatically, but if you still have stamina and you don't tell me you want it off I can only assume...

The example was that FRAYDO didn't run out of stamina and you still took it off. If you want to leave it as is, that's fine but it'll completely change the result of this duel.

Fraydo didn't have enough stamina for the form in that example (25) with 30 consumption in the previous turn before changing to center of being. Also his form didn't work with center of being at all while yours had bonuses still that applied for center of being.

So as I said, I can only assume. If you want to be clear just use the template where you specify all 3 actions and leave form blank on purpose.

Just now, Retaliation said:

It's not an actual W3D game if everything functioned smoothly and intuitively. Plus those fancy duel result things are hell on the GM.

True that, and yea it's 2 am here and while GMing this game I'm trying to work my job which as I predicted got very busy this and last month due to a big backlog and a lot of changes.

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

1ad001f2fed2822addeb73dd39c117210688a09c

Meh, true enough when no other player has ever taken off a form.

Just now, Retaliation said:

It's not an actual W3D game if everything functioned smoothly and intuitively. Plus those fancy duel result things are hell on the GM.

I appreciate the effort Vert's gone through for this game, I really do. It's just frustrating when a game mechanic that is counter intuitive blows back in your face. Oh well, we'll see how this plays out.

##Sense Surroundings

##Center of Being

##Shii-Cho Ward

I appreciate the effort Vert's gone through for this game, I really do. It's just frustrating when a game mechanic that is counter intuitive blows back in your face. Oh well, we'll see how this plays out.

You still have to acknowledge that in Fraydo's case it was a lot easier assumption since his Form practically didn't work with Center of Being at all so if I would decide to keep it it would hurt him way more than keeping yours. Plus I didn't even try to assume you wanted to take it off in the first place...

Just now, VERTi60 said:

You still have to acknowledge that in Fraydo's case it was a lot easier assumption since his Form practically didn't work with Center of Being at all so if I would decide to keep it it would hurt him way more than keeping yours. Plus I didn't even try to assume you wanted to take it off in the first place...

For sure, would've been easier to assume. But I still think the game would duels would run better if you only counted the player's commands during THAT turn. Not mentioning a Form, to me, means that I didn't choose to use it during that turn. Just like how not mentioning a Force Power means you're not choosing to use a Force Power. I get that they're One-Time use in a duel, but if they weren't, you wouldn't assume they'd choose to use the same power again simply because they didn't say they wouldn't use it again.

For sure, would've been easier to assume. But I still think the game would duels would run better if you only counted the player's commands during THAT turn. Not mentioning a Form, to me, means that I didn't choose to use it during that turn. Just like how not mentioning a Force Power means you're not choosing to use a Force Power. I get that they're One-Time use in a duel, but if they weren't, you wouldn't assume they'd choose to use the same power again simply because they didn't say they wouldn't use it again.

Comparing Form with FCA doesn't make sense. It's impossible to assume which FCA you would use if you don't mention it at all, even if we had them allowed to be used multiple times. But Form can stay on you since it's a bonus for your stance that has no limit uses and can be used with almost every stance (besides Center of Being where only few work, and mostly for constitution users anyway).

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Comparing Form with FCA doesn't make sense. It's impossible to assume which FCA you would use if you don't mention it at all, even if we had them allowed to be used multiple times. But Form can stay on you since it's a bonus for your stance that has no limit uses and can be used with almost every stance (besides Center of Being where only few work, and mostly for constitution users anyway).

It doesn't make sense to assume which Form I want to use if I don't mention it at all either. I have 3 different ones. And again, you never gave us in the PM nor mentioned in the tutorial an action to remove the form. *sigh* Alright, let's move on.