[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

5 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Okay, this is a lot earlier than I normally like to reveal and will probably do me more harm than good, maybe even putting me under the hot seat, but I think it's more important for everyone to put their focus in the right direction so I'll just come out with my ability.

Basically I used a limited Witch ability. It lets me possess a player for the night, roleblocking their current action, and having me select a new target for myself to use their action. Hence Johnny Depp, because I can be almost any role :p It can be used for good or bad depending on who I block, but also works as a variation of an ability cop. 

And just to let a certain someone know, my item is kind of like rum, boosting your potential (don't argue with me on this one).

Are you saying that you possessed Shade but didn't use his action? The 'gathering' thing?

Well, I was wondering how Retaliation could possess someone while being roleblocked. I was actually going to claim that Shade did the possessing of Retaliation and that's why both were roleblocked, but I guess this works, too.

Having two roleblocks means we have two reasons why the NK could have failed. Also having two roleblockers usually (but not always) means one of them is not town.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

But at that point in time we didn't know Retal had been role blocked though, I think?

I'm not sure what you mean. In my last post before I went to bed, I suggested that I had a scenario that Shade was lying, and that scenario was that Shade did possession of Retaliation and was roleblocked because Retaliation was roleblocked. Sunflower said she roleblocked Retaliation long ago now.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, I was wondering how Retaliation could possess someone while being roleblocked. I was actually going to claim that Shade did the possessing of Retaliation and that's why both were roleblocked, but I guess this works, too.

Having two roleblocks means we have two reasons why the NK could have failed. Also having two roleblockers usually (but not always) means one of them is not town.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there were multiple town roleblockers. I was orignally trying to be a roleblocker myself.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I actually can't roleblock and take control of a NK because it would make me too powerful. And I only roleblock the ability they were going to use, so I don't negate passives.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Oh okay. But now I'm a little confused. I thought you said earlier that you didn't know what the ability did - only the name.

I don't know what the ability did. Think of it this way, I receive the PM that the other player would've received if they used it. So I don't get a full explanation of the ability, just that "[blank ability] failed due to such and such."

Just now, Shade939 said:

In Irish's case, if he actually gives away any information it'll be pretty obvious what the ability is...

Kind of, I have 3 different ideas of what the ability could do. 2 of them being more Town oriented.

There were a couple contradictions with the idea that Retaliation had done the possession, because if Retaliation attempted to possess Shade but was roleblocked, Shade shouldn't have been effected in any way. The story didn't match up quite right. The only way I could think of this being true is if Jeod allowed the flavor of the possession to pass even though the roleblock prevented the action from working.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm not sure what you mean. In my last post before I went to bed, I suggested that I had a scenario that Shade was lying, and that scenario was that Shade did possession of Retaliation and was roleblocked because Retaliation was roleblocked. Sunflower said she roleblocked Retaliation long ago now.

Well I guess I just assumed you were referring to my comment about you being suspicious for 'fishing' on Shade, and the conversation I was referring to you had with Shade happened BEFORE Sunflower said she roleblocked Retal. She said that early on on page 13 IIRC (I just checked but I forgot if it's page 13 already), whereas you were going on with Shade before that.

I would like to point out that Orange is acting exactly has he typically does when he is scum. Posts a lot, taking control of the conversation, making his reads on everybody, but no case is any stronger than "pies."

Just now, ChopBam said:

I would like to point out that Orange is acting exactly has he typically does when he is scum. Posts a lot, taking control of the conversation, making his reads on everybody, but no case is any stronger than "pies."

Pies need to be sweet, not salty :p

And I always post a lot :p

I was a bit wishy-washy with the exact wording because I couldn't confirm (hassle to read the pm while phone posting). I'm not sure if I'm given the number of hostiles who acted or the number of hostile actions performed. Jeod did confirm that hostiles = 3rd party and scum though.

Or to be more precise, the number of hostiles who have acted in what time frame? Actually, that's probably a pointless question, but you'd have a fairly weak ability if that was a number of hostiles who have acted across the entire game sort of ability.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Or to be more precise, the number of hostiles who have acted in what time frame? Actually, that's probably a pointless question, but you'd have a fairly weak ability if that was a number of hostiles who have acted across the entire game sort of ability.

It's likely to be the number of hostile actions or hostile players during the night. If anything, this could help us find out if a roleblocked player is scum nor not by looking at the numbers as well as the roleblocked player.

Fairly. Flavor and wording was getting in the way of comprehension.

If any hostile players use an action (at night) I get an alert.

I don't get names or actions, just that hostiles acted and how many<-where I got confused between # of players or # of actions.

Just now, Nodlied said:

It's likely to be the number of hostile actions or hostile players during the night. If anything, this could help us find out if a roleblocked player is scum nor not by looking at the numbers as well as the roleblocked player.

Actually, when you put it that way, that does make it seem a lot more useful.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Actually, when you put it that way, that does make it seem a lot more useful.

Playing town requires teamplay, and things like this allows us to synergize our efforts. :v